• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Mortal Kombat Thread

Does Liu Kang look older? Thought his aging stopped? Anyway nice to see him back in action.
Kung Lao noticably aged as well. So I assume they've been zombies for awhile or something. There's a reason in there somewhere.

oh hey
Johnny Yong Bosch is the bow guy whose name I forget
hi Johnny Yong Bosch

oh hey
Johnny Yong Bosch is the bow guy whose name I forget
hi Johnny Yong Bosch
I stated this above awhile ago >_>. Yeah, Kung Jin is awesome bow guy/black ranger.

Everyone seems to be getting hype for Takeda, but Bow Guy Kung Jin I'm quite excited for.

Wouldn't mind playable Bo if they toned down the vomits/farts presence that makes his character look like a joke. Legitimate drunk fist characters are always a treat, but overshadowing that with toilet humor gimmicks always turned me off from his character since DA.

Don't forget that Injustice was originally gonna have just 4 DLC characters, then got two more.
chacnes man, we got them.

Also I think Onaga will be the final boss of MK X.

Still wondering what we're getting tomorrow, people have been anagraming the fuck out of that message.
Happiness? Shaolin? Warm Gun? Long Leaf? That's what people have decoded

I got Happiness, Shaolin, Warm Gun and Fallen God. We already got Liu Kang for Shaolin, so my guess is Friendships, Dark Raiden costume, and Stryker maybe? Warm Gun is giving me the most trouble.

Liu Kang got the best STFU move i've ever seen

@SanoBaron

No lie.

Mileena, Reptile, Predator, Kitana, Black, hell maybe even Ferra/Torr but most likely Devorah (bug lady? Fuck... yes...).

I definitely will try Mileena now that her big scary monster mash face isn't as bad now.

I definitely will try Mileena now that her big scary monster mash face isn't as bad now.

Yeah at first I hated the way her new face looked, but now I love it. And tele-sai is amazing!

Mileena's a lot cuter now
and actually looks like a person mixed with a baraka and not just a sexy baraka

Reactions: Covenant
Late, but guys, hate to say, but that video isn't on an official Netherrealm Studios/Mortal Kombat X Youtube account.
Probably fake.
Ed Boon still hasn't posted a title card for the stream on Friday, so...

The sound effects make it seem so legit, too. I dun even care about Black and I feel annoyed at this. Hope it ain't fake.

Warm gun immediately made me think of gunslingers that blow off the tip of their SMOKING gun.

Late, but guys, hate to say, but that video isn't on an official Netherrealm Studios/Mortal Kombat X Youtube account.
Probably fake.
Ed Boon still hasn't posted a title card for the stream on Friday, so...
This one was on the official facebook and Netherrealm twitter. Tyler shared it instead of saying it was fake like the last one. It's probably real.

Reactions: North888
Well it IS a TV spot. Those go with a bit different laws than internet advertising.

Maybe the fact that we got those three WAS the happiness.

Anyway, I'm glad Erron isn't a complete Deathstroke 2.0

Having more than one Faction Kill is good news.
So that's Fatalities, (Over 100) Brutalities, Quitalities, (Hopefully) Stage Fatalities and Brutalities, and Faction Kills.
Friendships would round that out but that's a pretty good number of alities

Also, decided to do some math, Mortal Kombat 9, barring Kratos, had 27 characters at launch, so far we have 25, there's gonna be an unlock character, definitely, so seems like we'll have just as much, if not more at launch, and even then only by a few if we're not.

Jeez Erron Black's animations look so stiff. Dude moves like a wooden mannequin.

So those more in the know, how does MK differ from other fighters competitively. Is it more defensive? Rushdown? What's to like about it relative to other fighters?

Saw the stream last night, I'm more interested in playing Shinnok than Erron Black. I love how he steals moves from his opponents, should lead to interesting combos.

i don't know Shinnok is taking some things from Shang Tsung, you know the uppercut projectiles and the move stealing stuff. Compared to the other two variants, the imposter seems the most interesting and potentially the most damaging depending on which character your opponent is playing.