• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Official League of Legends Thread!

I dunno, I'll definitely play Ekko again, even after he gets nerfed, because that Rewind man, so good.
It's so useful, saved me at least 4 times from Mordekaiser's Ignite/R combo

His E is getting a new ability. Plus him and Miss fortune were confirmed yesterday morning for the visual update/rework list.

How are they gonna change exactly?
New Missile System on PBE - Rewriting Skillshots

Here's Riot Meyea with a heads up on the new missile system now on that PBE; the team has re-written how skillshots work behind the scenes!"Hello Summoners! We've re-written how skillshots work. My team at Riot is called CUTS. We Clean Up The Stuff (There's a synonym for "poop" in the real name). The "stuff" my team is cleaning up are skillshots. Like, all of them.
This video(Thanks for the shout out Gosu) is an example of a bug that actually exists on live right now. And frankly... fixing bugs like this involves a lot of change. If you fix some bugs, other bugs come up. Even worse bugs. Unless we re-write it. Which we've done. Huzzah! Re-writing how skillshots work is a huge change and the last time we put our changes on the PBE you guys were quick to find gameplay-impacting bugs. SHOUTOUTS TO THESE GUYS FOR POSTING. I <3 THE PBE COMMUNITY.
Oblivioncrusader, Frick You Austin, PO Little Mac, Micro98s (I probably missed some threads. If you made a thread about skillshots 2 weeks ago post it in the comments and I'll add it to the shoutout list x.^) This weekend I'm making a post because if there are no gameplay impacting bugs then we're ready to put our changes onto the live servers. Please feel free to leave any issues you find in the comments below! x.^"When asked about the differences between the new and old system, Riot Meyeacommented:
"The old system was not able to support a lot of things. I'm not an engineer- I'm a Quality Analyst and so I won't pretend to know how the old system is written as opposed to the new system, but essentially everything should behave exactly or almost exactly in the new system as it does the old system. What's different for players is that bugs that are considered un-fixable in the old system are now fixed in our system. It also means that there's the possibility to be more creative with skillshots, allowing the potential for really interesting abilities."He continued:
"Playerside, it should work exactly the same. It totally won't thought because what kind of dream world are we living in that we could re-write something that is exactly the same. More practically, there will be small insignificant differences probably everywhere but importantly we will be able to fix bugs and do more creative things with skillshots in the future"
When asked what else this team has worked on, Riot Meyeanoted:
"Yes, other large under the hood changes have been made by this team. I wasn't involved with the other projects and so I'm not familiar with what specifically they've fixed. I'll ask the team since I'm just curious now as well. A reason you might not have heard of this team is because it's not permanent. It's created on a need basis. Specifically this time, the team was brought together because our missile system was so dysfunctional that bugs couldn't be fixed without creating new ones. Extreme things like that require a complete overhaul, but most things actually don't and so this team dissolves once they're "done" with whatever they were called together for. I like to think of us as the Justice League."

They rewrote some of the code to better detect where the shot's going and if it'll hit som'in, while keeping it's graphic proper (no more weird Ashe arrows, for starters)

His E is getting a new ability. Plus him and Miss fortune were confirmed yesterday morning for the visual update/rework list.
I mentioned that, I was dumbfounded in a previous post on this page that he's the second character to ever get two VUs.

Ironic how so many people main support, yet it's STIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILL so hard to find in Team Builder.
I only main support in ranked. I play around in team builder because it's a no risk way to practice other champions.

Reactions: Jutsei
I pretty much fill when I play ranked. Yeah ADC/Support Main, but pft, gotta play em all.

Also grats. I need to work on my win streak.

just got done with a match where I was sitting on nearly 1.5k of AP... I was deleting Ekko in 1 shot, and leaving Tryn with ¼ his health left on just a standard ult shot XD it was nuts

edit:
I made the worst joke ever XD

Gnar: Hey Anivia. What else is in the sky besides you?
Aniv: uhhh
Gnar: I am! *E's off of Aniv's Head*

Last edited:
rot2015_Jun2.jpg

Guess I'll stop playing Lulu support, and use more Annie again...
LeeSin_Splash_10.jpg

image%2B%25286%2529.png

MMMMMMMMF DEM MUSCLES

Last edited:
Ekko is interesting. He's strong, crazy strong, in fact, but his skill floor is so high that it doesn't actually seem to be worth keeping him banned at the moment

also god I hate ranked. I had probably my best riven game I've ever played and ended up losing because for the first time I could say with confidence my team was uncarryable. maybe I just suck super bad but christ in heaven is it frustrating to have dropped so far.

I tried ranked over a year ago, I played it over the course of one weekend in solo queue. It was the most miserable experiences I ever had with a video game. The perception players have in that mode made me want to throw my laptop off a cliff. Since then I have stuck with normal games, Howling Abyss and occasionally hexakill.

I tried ranked over a year ago, I played it over the course of one weekend in solo queue. It was the most miserable experiences I ever had with a video game. The perception players have in that mode made me want to throw my laptop off a cliff. Since then I have stuck with normal games, Howling Abyss and occasionally hexakill.
So my fear of Ranked being filled with the Tryhards who are even saltier than regular players is true?

My words about ranked are this:
If you want a more competitive environment where you can more thoroughly test your skill as a player, that is when you play ranked. I wouldn't say it's "filled" with salty tryhards, but you will be treated less well compared to normal queues. People can be real ass hats and there are more feel bads when you lose because you actually have something on the line, so people are a bit quicker to get angry. I wouldn't recommend playing ranked unless you are interested in how good you are as a player, and only if you understand what playing ranked implies, (I.e. you being better than other players doesn't mean you'll win every time) or if you're interested in the skin for the season.

Honestly if you can afford the time and have a good buddy to play with, I'd recommend playing up to gold V just for the skin. Outside of thank, normals is good enough if you just like playing, ranked is good if you like testing how good you are at the game as well as test the very fibre of your being. Because man, sometimes you've gotta be a saint to deal with what people do.

It's actually a bit interesting psychology how ranked works, and how moods and attitudes affect the game and players, but that's a different day.

Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
if I get a salty team in ranked I just mute them and tell them to communicate with pings.

ranked isn't as bad as people can make it out to be, out of them 10 I played, I only got like, a couple games where someone was really salty.

also, just got cassiopeia, and played my first game with her.
new mage main baby.

Last edited:
I really wonder why they put Cass' difficulty bar so high.

btw, wanna see if we can all qeue up for hexakill?

Last edited:
also, I forget, do you even get anything from playing hexakill?

also, I forget, do you even get anything from playing hexakill?

Yeah, the enjoyment of a lifetime.

Guys I have enough IP for a 6300 tier champ. Informal poll
Lulu, Nami, Zac, or Zyra

Last edited:
Awwww. You went with Fish Face? Oh well. I just got Lulu with leftover RP, and HOLY SWEET GOD SHE IS TOOOOOOOOO MUCH FUUUUUUUUN
This was my first Nami game and look at that. I shudder to think of what Lulu would have unleashed