• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Overwatch Thread

So I don't know what kind of fucking witch I charmed, because I only got three Summer Boxes in total (Including the free one)
And on the last one I got fucking Track and Field Tracer.

I'll admit I dropped 20 bucks on crates just because I didn't get to play as much as I wanted and I mostly wanted the Ribbon emote for Symmy. Got it on the last crate.

I got every single Summer skin except Torbjorn's, Widowmaker's, and the white version of Lucio's.

I got Junkrat's highlight intro, and all of the emotes.

Presumably because people were complaining that they didn't 'feel' like they were making real progress, so they just bumped the numbers up for the people who just like to see numbers go up.
Presumably there will be more competitive rewards in the future, and they wanted to be able to have "cheaper" things while not asking for 25 points?
But yes, also the progress thing and general in-line bringing of the prices (3000 sounds more like something expensive than 300)

E: Didn't buy a crate, got every item I think except the Genji skin and some voicelines or so

Also, Bastion sucks and is terrible design, but he is an intended noobgate that FORCES people into what Overwatch is supposedly to be about (teamplay, character switching) and thus rather useful
If you are a shit player who runs headfirst into Bastions without understanding that he gets hardcountered by half the cast, you're held up from climbing until you learn how to play the game somewhat properly. Good stuff.

The only real problem with Bastion is that one of his main counters is Genji aka "Wow I'm ninjaweebmastersamurai who never does anything, I'm so cool" of all characters; further legitimizing that character pick amongst the trash chute

And yeah playing him is boring as shit, but again it gives abysmal players some sense of satisfaction to hold LMB and get PotG for it so who cares; a lot of the cast are kinda boring.
If you really really want to play Bastion and have more fun with him, use his Sentry mode liberally and play him on Attack; can even move there in Turret Form by sitting on the Payload!

Last edited:
Plus if you get a Reinhardt in front of you you'll pretty much go uncontested if the other team is unorganized.

ALSO

NO SOMBRA

HAH!

[I seriously hope that the second I post this someone is going to run in screaming that Sombra was announced.]

ALSO

NO SOMBRA

HAH!

Well, there was this. That post is counting down btw, if you check the general Overwatch forums on the site it says that this post was 19 hours ago, it said 22 hours ago when it was first posted. Also, the binary in the title translates to 23.

That ended up leading to another ASCII skull, but using different characters. Using the different characters gave this image:

yAW6OMj.png

(Two things, One: The red circle wasn't in the original image and Two: It was actually a short video clip. All that really amounted to was the heart rate actually moving, which is important because...)

You see those lines above the heart rate? From left to right, if you assign each of them a letter in alphabetical order, then use the heart beat to find the order of the letters, you get the phrase 'amomentincrime'. Going to the website 'amomentincrime.com' reveals well, that website right there. Somebady sent an email to 'tips@Amomentincrime.com' and got back this response:

vcE4n90.jpg

Then, the original forum post by 'Skycoder' was updated, and people were able to pull this image out of it:

sGkYfB4.jpg

And that's where things are currently stopped (For now, from what I here the Overwatch ARG Discord is going completely nuts right now, so there will probably be more information soon). There's this image to decode, and then there's also the countdown on the forum post.

huh

well that's cool.

for a second when I saw the X-Ray i thought it was Ana. cause she too was shot in the eye.

Me too, anyway i kinda had this theory that maybe sombra is related to reaper in some way

maybe. buuuut. who knows?

this whole Sombra thing starting all the way back before Ana was even in just has me so wowed over Blizzard. That they have done this deep world building and that they have allowed the community in on this "Find Sombra" Game. [Ps: I think she's actually in the game right now due to the game doing an update during midday for me. So she could be in the background of the title screens... only... invisible.]

THIS IS SO MUCH FUN. OH MAN.

maybe. buuuut. who knows?

this whole Sombra thing starting all the way back before Ana was even in just has me so wowed over Blizzard. That they have done this deep world building and that they have allowed the community in on this "Find Sombra" Game. [Ps: I think she's actually in the game right now due to the game doing an update during midday for me. So she could be in the background of the title screens... only... invisible.]

THIS IS SO MUCH FUN. OH MAN.
Its speculated that she is in the lucio ball stage on top of one of the goal posts. Theres a video on it...somewhere.

no no no

she wasn't in the actual stage in the game when Lucio Ball came out.

People thought her Invisibility shield was in there in the PROMO VIDEO of the Summer Games. Along side the Compass.

But...was it?
it's not there in the actual map. But it was there in the promo video. it's a little faint but there seems to be this hexagonal prism that's refracting the light from the stage in the video.

for a second when I saw the X-Ray i thought it was Ana. cause she too was shot in the eye.

I'm pretty sure it is, actually; to my knowledge Janina Kowalska is a generic sort of name in the same vein as Jane Doe or the like, which can be used for unidentified medical patients. Like, for example, someone who was trying to pretend that they were dead.

THE SOMBRA COUNTDOWN LEAD TO /ANOTHER/ COUNTDOWN.
Something about Sombra Protocol being at 2%
pull up a chair, boys and girls and everyone in between or not at all.
This is gonna take a while

THE SOMBRA COUNTDOWN LEAD TO /ANOTHER/ COUNTDOWN.
Something about Sombra Protocol being at 2%
pull up a chair, boys and girls and everyone in between or not at all.
This is gonna take a while
see?

BLUE

BALLS

Update

It's at 3% now.

I can't believe Sombra uses Internet Explorer

mmmm until I see other examples of the same event I'll consider it legit. Not to be a hype downer but after smash and rayman like I can't trust anything haaaaaah

That's obviously fake.

why would they look EXACTLY at the spot where "Sombra" appears as soon as they hear the noises, and then proceed to follow her trail exactly until she goes offscreen?

That link above to a post? it briefly goes to a distorted image of Reaper at almost point blank with his gun before becoming this wall of Text
ICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICA6UEKPQms6CiAgIC
AgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAsakKIQEJAQkBCQEJCTC4KICAg
ICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgIDdHlkKTQpVCTU1NTU1CQEJAQkBOcg
ogICAgICAgICAgICAgICA6a0KSQpCIl01NT01PTU9NT01NTU2M
QphCQEIxLAogICAgICAgICAgIDo1kUKNQphCiEJCTU1PTU9NT0
1PTU9NT01NipJuQm5CQEJCdS4KICAgICAgICA3MG6GlUKIQpJC
lEJYQkJPTU9NT01PTU9NT01NQk1QQphCiEJAQkBCQE5yCiAgIC
AgIEeYlpdCSiBpQohCh4ggIE9CTU9NT01PTU9NT01PTZYyICBC
j0JAQi4gRUJAQkBTCiAgICAgIJKWQk2HR0pCVS4gIGlTdUKIT0
1PTU9NT01PTU9NTZdPVTE6ICAua0JMTYhNhkKXCiAgICAgIEKM
TU1CmUIgICAgICAgN4hCQk1NT01PTU9NT01PQkKWOiAgICAgIC
BCh0JNTYhCCiAgICAgII2YiEKKQiAgICAgICAgIDeSlkBNTU9N
T01PTU1AQkA6ICAgICAgICAgQEBCQEJACiAgICAgII+ST0xCLi
AgICAgICAgICBCTkKPTU1PTU9NTY9CRUIgICAgICAgICAgckJq
TYRCCiAgICAgIJBAICBAICAgICAgICAgICBNICBPQk9NT01NQH
EgIE0gICAgICAgICAgLkAgIEBACiAgICAgIISVT3ZCICAgICAg
ICAgICBCOnWMTU1PTU9NTUJKaUIgICAgICAgICAgLkJ2TUBCCi
AgICAgIIRCkUKYSiAgICAgICAgIDCRQpdNTU9NT01PTUKVQkB1
ICAgICAgICAgcUBAQEJACiAgICAgIEKETUJCjHYgICAgICAgR4
+LQk1NTU1NTU1NTU1NQkKINSAgICAgICBGhEJNTUBCCiAgICAg
IIdCQk1/QlBOaSAgIExNRUKFT01NTU2PQoNNTU9NTYpCWk03IC
AgckVxQodNQkKECiAgICAgIEKYloRCTSAgQm1ChEIgIHFCTU9N
QpBChUKEQk1PTUJMICBCQEJAQiAgQEJAQkBNCiAgICAgICBKlm
2GhFBCj0KEQplCN0eIT01CQi4gICAsQE1NTUBxTEJAQkBAQEJx
QkBCQnYKICAgICAgICAgIGlHQpUsaTCETZZCbk1NT4tFICA6IC
BNQE9NTUBAQEJAUGlpQEBOOgogICAgICAgICAgICAgLiAgIEKX
TZBCj01NTUBCQEJAQkBNTU1AQEBNQEIKICAgICAgICAgICAgIC
AgICBAQkBCLmlATUJCQEJAQkBAQk1AOjpCQEJACiAgICAgICAg
ICAgICAgICAgQkBAQCAuQkBCLjpAQkAgOkJAQiAgQEJATwogIC
AgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgOjAgckBCQCAgQkBAIC5AQkA6IFA6
CiAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgdk1CIDpAQkAgOkJPNw
ogICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAsQkBCCg==▌

I can almost swear I see something in the words as well on the blizzard forum page, almost like a gun of some sort.

Maybe is something like: "Enough of this! Release the damn character! Cheers!"

BLUE

BALLED

who else has blue balls? Zenyatta

what is Sombra doing right now?

Uploading shit to the omnics.

What is Zenyatta?

an Omnic.

Ergo Zenyatta is Blue Balling Us to prevent us from getting to Sombra.

The Information [Aka: Treasure ] That JunkRat stole is that the omnics are going to go all Judgment Day on Humanity all over again.

SHIT. Is going to get real.

BLUE

BALLED

who else has blue balls? Zenyatta

what is Sombra doing right now?

Uploading shit to the omnics.

What is Zenyatta?

an Omnic.

Ergo Zenyatta is Blue Balling Us to prevent us from getting to Sombra.

The Information [Aka: Treasure ] That JunkRat stole is that the omnics are going to go all Judgment Day on Humanity all over again.

SHIT. Is going to get real.
Ninja, my man. You gotta stop drinking Mountain Dew at this time of night.

shhhhhhh

they'll hear you...

if we're going to talk you've got to wear your tinfoil wizard's hat!

Sombra is trolling us so hard right now.

Mountain Dew induced hysteria
Speaking of which it'd be neat if she had a Hal9000 quote. Like when she hacks someone she can be like "I'm sorry ______, I'm afraid I cant do that."

Im so willing to bet that in like..2 or 3 days it will shoot to a higher number like 57% or something.