• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Palettes of Skullgirls

Eliza's Urien and Dr Doom palettes have different blood colors for anchor and everything else (red and silver instead of white and pink). It's just because they're still unfinished, right? Just asking because Urien used to have white with pink anchor.
add143d644.jpg

Eliza's Urien and Dr Doom palettes have different blood colors for anchor and everything else (red and silver instead of white and pink). It's just because they're still unfinished, right? Just asking because Urien used to have white with pink anchor.
Uh, the Urien one might have been an oversight, since we implemented separate colours for the anchor after I made that colour.
Doom is intentional, though.

Reactions: Ryin
RE: Vice Versa white arms, Bunny 'Bella vs. Gamagori 'Bella
patch notes said:
- Fixed Filia color #24 on character select, and differentiated Cerebella's #7/#25 and Painwheel's #22/#25, and reordered Painwheel's last few colors.

BEFORE
GrfoxYt.jpg

AFTER
Ve1OyZO.jpg
A good compromise that makes #7 more distinct from #25. The high-key yellow tones lend Vice Versa an eggshell-white warmth.
NW4nFGf.jpg
Personally, I didn't think the change was necessary as the Cerebellas were different enough and hit their targets spot-on. Plus, the more-chromatic diamonds on #7 set off a tiny chime of continuity alarm bells in the back of my mind (i.e. bunny costume doesn't have diamonds!). But it is fine!

Reactions: SmashBlade
Apparently with the all the new colors that were added, a couple were cut. I noticed that these two are gone.

LwlPpJ4.jpg
69BA41063624F56FC35883EDCC84769BE08DF3CA
Not that I care.

I care immensely.

That's sad, I really liked that SMT palette Eliza had.

Dost my eyes deceive me? Did I spot a familiar face in tonights stream?
SA-Fortune.jpg

latest

latest
I know it's not an SA-X palette but it's really close. And I'd been pulling for that palette because Robo-fortune's design already reminds me of the Varia suit, and I imagine that she is tasked, in part, with hunting down Ms. Fortune. Those cold lifeless eyes in Metroid Fusion haunted a lot of my playthroughs.

Last edited:
I dunno whether to be disturbed or impressed... The palette looks good either way.

BUT I'M PISSED AT THE LACK OF GURREN LAGANN THOUGH

It seems taht with every palette that gets added to or removed from the game we descend deeper into madness.

Dost my eyes deceive me? Did I spot a familiar face in tonights stream?
Yeah, he said it was Varia suit at the beginning of the stream. There's also Gravity suit.
GadlU12.png

The other colors shown were Varia Suit (of course), the Rainbow Swag palette, and two other unspecified colors.
u3ABXJ4.png
G29h283.png
zb2O6rn.png

I thought maybe the blue one was Jenny XJ9, but she doesn't really have and black or yellow parts on her.

Also, all these new colors have me hype, though. Several of them were colors I did too.
pNzocHK.png

ec1strO.png

y3rDiyF.png

03pTScK.png

I noticed that that all of Filia's palettes have the same eye color (orange) in the character select screen. Is it normal ? Fukua doesn't behave like that and has different eye colors in the character select screen.

I think R-Fortune's new red palette is Colon from Choujuu Sentai Liveman.
latest

and mainly because it looks like her Colon palette from the palette ideas image.
latest

There's a few things off (such as the belt and tail) but eh, close enough.

I have no idea who the blue palette could be tho.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
That sounds too forced...Why would they give her a water based character

Patiently waiting for the Doraemon palette to show up

Reactions: Denizen
love the Swag palette

R-Fortune's new palettes are in the beta!

She also has her RACaseal palette from her palette concept image. I'm not sure if that was shown in the stream because I missed it. ^ ^'
tumblr_nmav1bHDkq1tdm0tyo1_400.png

Last edited:
Eh, now i'm questioning Dr. Light's motives on making Roll...
He wanted a family?

Super fucking robot! Megaman!

Super fucking robot! Megaman!
Fucking to save the world!

Since the Bella colors got changed for looking too similar, I found some other palettes that look pretty similar. They aren't difficult to distinguish between as pictures, but in the heat of battle, it might be a little tough to tell who is who.

Ms. Fortune
XFxKkhO.png

Since palette #8 is referencing a character (Black Rock Shooter) and palette #12 is referencing a console (PS3), I suggest changing palette #12 to have blue ears to help differentiate the two.

Valentine
BgmpikZ.png

I'm pretty sure that #20 cannot be changed because it is an IGG palette, and palette #9 is a reference to the Silent Hill nurse. I'm not really sure how these should be altered.

I dunno, BRS Fortune looks different enough from PS3 Fortune with the much paler skin and open midsection, along with the different blood colors.

You might have a point with Silent Hill Val and Shinobu Val, but i personally think the red blood and extra bright shadings on Silent Hill Vall keep it distinct enough from Shinobu Val. They also have different-colored weapons and such.

I dunno, BRS Fortune looks different enough from PS3 Fortune with the much paler skin and open midsection, along with the different blood colors.

My main concern with the two palettes is how difficult it would be to distinguish between the two heads if both Fortunes went headless. I reckon that it'd only need a minor change.

There's people saying that the new turquoise palette for robo is xj9. Was that confirmed?

There's people saying that the new turquoise palette for robo is xj9. Was that confirmed?
xj9 didn't have black or yellow parts on her.
i think it's splash woman.

Reactions: SmashBlade
NOOOOOOOOO I just discovered that Squigly's #5 is gone!! That was one of my favorite, where is my black & white & gold team now, why LabZero why.... :,,,(((

No, actually in the stream chat when that palette was show off, persona said it was player 2 Fei-Yen from Virtual On.

NOOOOOOOOO I just discovered that Squigly's #5 is gone!! That was one of my favorite, where is my black & white & gold team now, why LabZero why.... :,,,(((
I'm guessing it was replaced with the new palette #24.
As both represent a different take on the same idea, perhaps Lab Zero felt they are too similar to have both in the game at the same time.
OzX4eqf.png

But isn't the white-black-gold palette a tradition? Every other character has it and it always looks amazing. Was it really necessary to make an exception for a reference?

But isn't the white-black-gold palette a tradition? Every other character has it and it always looks amazing. Was it really necessary to make an exception for a reference?
As necessary as complaining about the removal of a color?

Are the new colors coming to retail with Beowulf's patch, or are they gonna hang back and chill with Robo?

Are the new colors coming to retail with Beowulf's patch, or are they gonna hang back and chill with Robo?
From what I remember Mike saying, the current build of the endless beta (besides the Robo Fortune stuff of course) was the one submitted to retail. Since the colors were already in that build, they should be in the game when Beowulf comes out.

Reactions: Wenzel
As necessary as complaining about the removal of a color?
That is the very first time I complain about a change in the game, actually. I am sorry if that made you upset.
I just wanted to express my frustration because that was one the palettes I used the most and I don't understand why it got removed.

That is the very first time I complain about a change in the game, actually. I am sorry if that made you upset.
Nothing makes me upset anymore. :^) And I understand how attached people can get to colors, but it's also pretty pointless.
I just wanted to express my frustration because that was one the palettes I used the most and I don't understand why it got removed.
#5 looked like #24, and we wanted #24, so #5 got changed to not look like it.

They got rid of my Tager color after BBCT and I'm fine. They got rid of my Potemkin color after #Reload and I'm fine. EWJ Squigly is gone and I'm fine. You will survive.