• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

I always take those statements with a grain of salt. Last time they said games only for a certain season Kirby 3DS was announced.

we'll be getting more info on Triple Deluxe and Mario Kart 8, I'm sure
likely a new smash reveal
maybe something that'll come out in June idk

Yeah, that snowstorm of the century might be a hamper on the Diddy time.
.....It all makes sense. Tropical Freeze.....snowpocalypse.....nintendo direct......

Nintendo can control the Weather, but never does so unless it benefits them! 0_o

Reactions: DDB
WHAT A TWIST!!!
Oh shit guys
IF WE DON'T GET DIDDY TONIGHT WHAT IF IT'S SOMEONE NEW.
WHAT IF THEY REVEAL KING K ROOL OR DIXIE
GUYS THIS IS NOT A DRILL HYPE IS RISING AT CRITICAL LEVELS
They won't do a direct for just diddy, he's a veteran.
although predictions:
Palutena
Mii
Little Mac
Dixie Kong (with diddy or without)
One of the above.

King k rool is VERY unlikely since he wasn't even in donkey kong country returns or tropical freeze.

Well they did reveal Sonic in a Direct, but he's probably the exception rather than the rule.

It might be palutena, cant get our hopes up

I can expect a new trailer tomorrow with the new character reveal.

What if it's more than one character?
I mean, you never know.

If it's not a Donkey Kong Country but Little Mac or a Rhythm Heaven thing, wow.
Shit. I'm probably getting overhyped but I had a stressful day due to Windows Update and the Snow storm but this is perking me right up

my mood right now is approximately between "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah" and "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"
bring on the boxing

Reactions: DDB
Personally I think it's possible we'll get a Newcomer tomorrow if we don't get Diddy
Then next week we get Diddy or someone else DK related.

They did it with Rosalina, we didn't think we'd get someone else, but then they threw Zelda at us a week later.

It's always two characters a month ever since December.

December = Rosalina & Zelda
January = King Dedede & Lucario
February = DKC rep & newcomer.

Well they did reveal Sonic in a Direct, but he's probably the exception rather than the rule.

They also revealed Luigi in a Direct.

GUYS WAIT.

DONKEY KONG WAS A BONUS BOXER IN PUNCH OUT WII

IT'S A SIGN.

This actually makes sense. Little Mac reveal trailer with Donkey Kong in the boxing ring stage.

Reactions: jam1220
Calling trailer tomorrow.

Donkey Kong is running through the jungle, setting up people to think Tropical Freeze.

He starts beating up random enemies until he hits a wall.

He breaks down said wall and it reveals a familiar boxing ring.

He looks around, confused, and then looks up and gets angry to see a familiar face that's smiling and warming up.

LITTLE MAC ENTERS THE RING!

Reactions: jam1220 and Lavama
I can see it now...
Diddy Kong's in the ring, with a boxing outfit

Then text comes up saying DIDDY KONG er, wait wh-

And then BOOM

Little Mac punches him in the face.

That'd be good.
We might not need to count on fake-outs, Sakurai did fake-outs once with Rosalina (Well, twice really), but we have no idea if he'll do it again

Would the first E3 trailer be considered a fake out, since it started with Animal Crossing?

You know what is kinda scary? We're talking about Little Mac coming in, and this was posted today also:

Psst, also who's Brian Davis?

Reactions: Jutsei
Would the first E3 trailer be considered a fake out, since it started with Animal Crossing?
Not really, it was kinda made abundantly clear within the first 10 seconds that it was Smash related, given the Smash Bros Wax Seal and the fact he wasn't in the New Leaf style.

But still, Fake-Outs are a possibility, I just don't think Sakurai will rely on them 100%

GUYS GUYS
GAMEGRUMPS JUST STARTED A PLAYTHROUGH OF PUNCH OUT

WE ALL KNOW ARIN IS IWATA
LITTLE MAC CONFIRMED

edit: shit, fucking ninja'd. And I thought I was being funny

A possibility of it being Little Mac? I'm perfectly okay with this.

Hey guys what if we get a Cranky Kong trailer though? Could you imagine the meltdowns?

Oh, and of course, we got a new leak.
1fS6XDs.png

Note this was posted on Monday before the date was revealed! That makes it kinda hold water, sorta.
Other than that, I'd be down with this.

I really don't think it's that.
this Nintendo Direct is focusing on games launching in the Spring.
I don't think they'd suddenly say "OH YEAH GUYS BY THE WAY YEAR OF YOSHI"

Plus, don't forget the foreshadowing with Donkey King, Punch-Out or not I don't think they'd show Yoshi for Smash tomorrow.
Let alone with Baby Mario.

Yoshi would make more sense in March since his game comes out that month.

Reactions: Jutsei
Plus the Baby Mario part seems kinda unnecessary. Could you imagine the people complaining about how you're K.O.'ing babies with it's adoptive parent?

Plus the Baby Mario part seems kinda unnecessary. Could you imagine the people complaining about how you're K.O.'ing babies with it's adoptive parent?
That's another thing.
Plus what the fuck would Baby Mario even do?
It'd kinda squander his potential for something awesomer.
Like a Team of Baby Mario and Baby Luigi who do Bro attacks from Mario & Luigi

Yoshi would make more since in March since his game comes out that month.
That too.

Slap a Teen Rating on this bad boy and hell let's throw in some alcohol references.