• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

ngl if bandanna happens I'm gonna laugh my shit off
I've resigned that Big Gay Army is probably cut in favor of Masked Dedede, but Bandanna being possibly possible reignites the fire

ngl if bandanna happens I'm gonna laugh my shit off
I've resigned that Big Gay Army is probably cut in favor of Masked Dedede, but Bandanna being possibly possible reignites the fire
They're mostly riding on the fact King Dedede's Side B is different now.
And the fact they didn't show his Final Smash.

And though Waddle Dees were shown in Smash Run, they were Parasol Dees, not Bandanna Dee.
Remember when the ROBS were shown?
Same thing.

I personally wouldn't mind him, but I have trouble imagining a cool FM for him. Maybe a horde of the little guys comes off screen like one of MVC2 Servbot's supers?

In other news

image.jpg

Get rekt

So has anyone brought up this new rumor? http://gematsu.com/2014/04/rumor-shulk-palutena-set-super-smash-bros

It's a character list "leak" made just before the direct yesterday by the same guy who predicted WFT/Villager/Little Mac/Megaman/Pac Man/Mii before E3 2013.

He says that Pac Man and Mii are still coming along with these 5:

Palutena (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
Shulk (Xenoblade)
Chrom (Fire Emblem Awakening)
Chorus Men (Rhythm Heaven)
Pokemon from X/Y (Which turned out to be Greninja)

Notice something a little weird in the list? Like the FUCKING CHORUS MEN? WHAT? Such a bold prediction on a character just about no one has guessed yet makes me want to consider this list as possibly real. And, I mean, Rhythm Heaven representation would be awesome, so there's that too. The only suspicious thing is that he doesn't specify which Pokemon from X/Y.

Reactions: Jutsei
If there's anyone that would appear from Rhythm Heaven, it would be the Karate Man - he's one of the few characters to appear in all three games, and he's the most suited to fighting.

the chorus guy has a name
it's Marshall

2 separate things.

These are the chorus men, from a game from the original Rhythm Heaven:
Sjsj.png

This is Marshall:
Marshal.jpg

I was just thinking about how I want a character from Rhythm Heaven.
That's not a bad list, but given how he was off about Pac-Man, and Mii, you never know.
I would be fine with Chorus Men since they seem cute and small. And isn't that thing the mascot of Rhythm Heaven as a whole? I dunno

I mean, if I had to pick a Rhythm Heaven character I'd pick the Wrestler with the Reporter in the background, with rhythm based chain throws or something.
And you'd Pose for the fans to power yourself up

Ya know or, The Ouendan Team.
With Elite Beat Agents Alternate Costume

Dat double post instead of edit.

My internet was lagging because a douche was using the microwave and the waves interferred.
Didn't think it sent so I added onto it.

Anyway, still, seems cute enough. But you never know. That list does seem very believable.

it does make sense why they would choose Charizard and Greninja for playable pokemon in the new smash.

Charizard is probably the 2nd most iconic pokemon of all time, only behind Pikachu.

and Greninja was the more popular starter of gen 6, plus, Ninjas are Japanese, Nintendo is Japanese. I feel they'd have some sort of.... kindred spirit thing going on.

TVtropes pointed out there's some rock paper scissors going on
Charizard is super effective against Lucario (Lucario is steel type), Greninja is super effective against Charizard, and Lucario is super effective against Greninja (Fighting beats Dark-type)

Reactions: juju_for_president
Greninja ain't even a worthy husbando but whatevs. He seems fun to play.

Greninja earns his slot with Substitute alone.

tumblr_inline_n3s5n4N6EL1sy118x.png

Why is that Substitute plush the BEST LOOKING THING IN SSB4 right now? That fur texture! Those creases! It looks so good... WHY?!?

If Nintendo starts selling Substitute plushies in real life, they will make a fortune.

Reactions: TailsWorld1 and Φ
ALFONSO CONFIRMED?

Greninja earns his slot with Substitute alone.

tumblr_inline_n3s5n4N6EL1sy118x.png

Why is that Substitute plush the BEST LOOKING THING IN SSB4 right now? That fur texture! Those creases! It looks so good... WHY?!?

If Nintendo starts selling Substitute plushies in real life, they will make a fortune.
I thought that was a real life doll for a second.

Still kinda curious about that so-called leak.
I'm pretty much for all 6 of those characters.
And funnily enough, the sheer fact it's from the guy who called Wii Fit Trainer of all people makes you wonder.

If Pac-Man, Mii, Palutena, and Chorus men are coming... ewwwwww.

Reactions: Smilax
Ok, time to be That Guy(tm) and poke holes in that alleged leak:

Palutena and Chrom could just be coasting off of the most likely reps of their respective series. Palutena in particular is probably also there because of all the leak hype already surrounding her. That he doesn't specify what Pokemon is coming from X and Y just screams "I'm just gonna be as vague as possible about what Pokemon so that the only way I would be wrong is if there aren't any X/Y reps to begin with."

Shulk is probably there as the obligatory fan favorite pick with mid-to-low likelihood. Pac-Man is the most likely post-Sonic 3rd Party pick other than Snake, and Mii only started showing up in these kind of predictions/"leaks" after all the Mii-centered games started being repped with stages.

The only one I can't really knock is the Chorus Men (How on Earth would you be able to prove OR disprove a flippin' Rhythm Heaven rep, of all things), and even then it could just be the obligatory WTF guess that no one could see coming.

Don't get me wrong, I like these characters except for Shulk and Chorus Men which i'm indifferent to, i'm even actively rooting for Chrom and Pac-Man, but I want to be able to see the other side of things.

I'm game for all of them but Chrom. I'm currently not talking to Chrom because he hasn't returned any of my calls-
Wait, what?

If Pac-Man, Mii, Palutena, and Chorus men are coming... ewwwwww.

Pac-Man, Mii, and Palutena are the 3 most likely newcomers, lol. And Chorus Men would be worth it if only for the meltdowns it would bring. You thought WFT pissed people off? Chorus Men will destroy them.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
So has anyone brought up this new rumor? http://gematsu.com/2014/04/rumor-shulk-palutena-set-super-smash-bros

It's a character list "leak" made just before the direct yesterday by the same guy who predicted WFT/Villager/Little Mac/Megaman/Pac Man/Mii before E3 2013.

He says that Pac Man and Mii are still coming along with these 5:

Palutena (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
Shulk (Xenoblade)
Chrom (Fire Emblem Awakening)
Chorus Men (Rhythm Heaven)
Pokemon from X/Y (Which turned out to be Greninja)

Notice something a little weird in the list? Like the FUCKING CHORUS MEN? WHAT? Such a bold prediction on a character just about no one has guessed yet makes me want to consider this list as possibly real. And, I mean, Rhythm Heaven representation would be awesome, so there's that too. The only suspicious thing is that he doesn't specify which Pokemon from X/Y.

Wasn't that guy who predicted this stuff revealed to be just a guy making guesses on a forum though?
The source this is from is so ungodly old I can't find it anymore,
but I swear I've seen the original post and it was phrased entirely as a prediction and not a leak.

Wasn't that guy who predicted this stuff revealed to be just a guy making guesses on a forum though?
but I swear I've seen the original post and it was phrased entirely as a prediction and not a leak.

I think so. That doesn't automatically disqualify the validity of the source though. Remember, this guy predicted Wii Fit Trainer and Villager-and actually referred to them by those exact names.

GAF is known for having developers and media people on the site, so once again, this doesn't automatically disqualify the source.

Edit: Are you sure this is the first posting of this? I recall people saying the original source referred to the Villager as Villager, not as "Animal Crossing Guy."

I think so. That doesn't automatically disqualify the validity of the source though. Remember, this guy predicted Wii Fit Trainer and Villager-and actually referred to them by those exact names.

GAF is known for having developers and media people on the site, so once again, this doesn't automatically disqualify the source.

Edit: Are you sure this is the first posting of this? I recall people saying the original source referred to the Villager as Villager, not as "Animal Crossing Guy."
I was just replying to TheMightyBox, I honestly have no idea if it's the original source.

Remember that this is the guy that not only predicted wii fit trainer, but megaman and villager, just before e3.
That's some astronomical luck if they're predictions.

Literally yesterday on Smash Boards.
The place fucking blew up last I checked.
The Ridley supporters are at an all time low for Morale, and the Bandanna Dee supporters basically just went super saiyan.
And meanwhile everyone's grasping at straws and reeling from the assist reveals.
makes me happy that I have been a Bandana Dee supporter :)

Oh hey! I see a moveset change to Link! I don't think it's been pointed out or showcased before, if it has, lemme know. This point right here when we're showcasing Megaman's downsmash, look at Link. He's performing what looks to be the jump slash and was used while running. Obviously his dash attack has been altered to make him less vulnerable after his dash attack it seems (Because we all know the melee and brawl iterations sucked (Minus Brawl's awesome DACUS potential on it)). But yes. Something I wanted to point out :)

ss (2014-04-09 at 10.15.20).jpg

EDIT: Actually, the end lag is still complete shit as can be seen during the next segment with WFT and she totally wrecks him lol.

Last edited: