• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Honestly, if the Mario Bros stage had that scrolling left to right thing in Brawl it might've actually been "okay".
God I hate that stage.

Also, could we maybe see this happen for a Pac-Man Maze stage, perhaps? With the one area that sends you to the other side of the maze being left-right walkable but everywhere else kills you? Would be neat.
Honestly, I'm pretty sure Pac is in and I've warmed up to him a bit. Just a bit.

See, unlike every other character people speculate on (Simon, Ridley, Mii), the more people talk about Pac-man being in, the more likely it seems. Mind you, I care little for Pac-man's inclusion though the little care I do have is towards the "Please don't let this happen" side. I mean, I can't even begin to imagine a good moveset for him... At all. I've seen some ideas and they are all very bad. It's troubling.

See, unlike every other character people speculate on (Simon, Ridley, Mii), the more people talk about Pac-man being in, the more likely it seems. Mind you, I care little for Pac-man's inclusion though the little care I do have is towards the "Please don't let this happen" side. I mean, I can't even begin to imagine a good moveset for him... At all. I've seen some ideas and they are all very bad. It's troubling.
Have him riding a Mokujin Battle-Bot. Problem solved. Final smash he eats the damn thing and goes to eat everyone else in glorious 8-Bit Fashion.

Reactions: Rellek
I'm strangely ok with this.

That or just screw Pac-man entirely and literally make Mokujin a character. Literally the Random button every match.

That or just screw Pac-man entirely and literally make Mokujin a character. Literally the Random button every match.
But there's a nintendo themed mokujin they could be using:
132Ditto.png

They could even give him the derp face on his transformations like in the anime to make it unique, like this:
ditto-machoke.png

Although to make it as authentic as possible, they could make ditto mimic a random opponent. Instant mirror match button.
But really you can't say this wouldn't be the coolest thing ever either way.

Reactions: Lavama
But there's a nintendo themed mokujin they could be using:
Although to make it as authentic as possible, they could make ditto mimic a random opponent. Instant mirror match button.
But really you can't say this wouldn't be the coolest thing ever either way.
Ditto should be a pokeball pokemon and not be withdrawn from the final game like in Melee. That'd be cool.

But no, Ditto is not on the same level as Mokujin. Mokujin looks the same regardless of who he gets his moveset from. Ditto transforms into the opponent with the exception of the face (In the case of the ditto in the anime (They're supposed to be able to recreate every single aspect)). Mokujin would be awesome for mind-games on both parties. Looks the same every match (Minus things like pikachu and charizard in which case he'd have a tail or a wooden sword for Marth and Link).

I would TOTALLY love to see that. That would make me so happy.

Ditto transforms into the opponent with the exception of the face (In the case of the ditto in the anime (They're supposed to be able to recreate every single aspect))
That's why I indicated "like in the anime" in my post.
I said that more so that picking ditto isn't a random button with an alternate intro animation. With the derp face he would be a bit more distinct.

Ditto should be a pokeball pokemon and not be withdrawn from the final game like in Melee. That'd be cool.

But no, Ditto is not on the same level as Mokujin. Mokujin looks the same regardless of who he gets his moveset from. Ditto transforms into the opponent with the exception of the face (In the case of the ditto in the anime (They're supposed to be able to recreate every single aspect)). Mokujin would be awesome for mind-games on both parties. Looks the same every match (Minus things like pikachu and charizard in which case he'd have a tail or a wooden sword for Marth and Link).

I would TOTALLY love to see that. That would make me so happy.
Because of the differences in each character, he would almost certainly have to change size as well. Which would make most characters immediately recognizable, with the exception of some very similar ones- like mokujin mario or luigi, mokujin fox or falco or wolf (assuming the latter two make it in.)

Because of the differences in each character, he would almost certainly have to change size as well. Which would make most characters immediately recognizable, with the exception of some very similar ones- like mokujin mario or luigi, mokujin fox or falco or wolf (assuming the latter two make it in.)

In Tekken, he doesn't change size at all, his hurtboxes are just altered. Like Tekken Tag 2 for example. Ogre takes up the entirety of his side of the screen, easily 10 feet tall yet mokujin is the same height he always is.

Though you got me with Kirby and Pikachu. I dunno how the shit they'd do that without making it hella awkward to look at.

I feel like I'm the only one who's on #teammokujin

Except Sakurai said no fighting game characters.

:PUN: [Crap! I forgot about Mega Man, but he didn't debut in a fighting game! So hah!]

Isn't that the Nuka Nuka fish from Ice Climbers down in the water?
Actually, the fish is from Balloon Fight. That the fish is in the Summit is just a cross-series nod, and because Ice Climber stages always had Balloon Fight stuff with them (I guess not anymore, though, or at least not on tne 3DS version).

Except Sakurai said no fighting game characters.
I love how his Mega Upper is specifically from a fighting game. But yeah, dumb quotes and shit killing chances for actually good characters like Mokujin (He's easily a better joke character than Ridley or Pacman)

Well, most of Sonic's moves come right from Sonic the Fighters.

Man that game is terrible. But in a good way.

Except for goddawm Metal Sonic. ONE COMBO DOES 75% EVERY CHARACTER'S HEALTH ON CHIP.

Except for goddawm Metal Sonic. ONE COMBO DOES 75% EVERY CHARACTER'S HEALTH ON CHIP.
welcome to the world of Virtua Fighter.

When you get gud anyway

I love how his Mega Upper is specifically from a fighting game. But yeah, dumb quotes and shit killing chances for actually good characters like Mokujin (He's easily a better joke character than Ridley or Pacman)

Ridley isn't even a joke character though.
He's an actual character. With importance to Nintendo and shit.
We are talking about the Nintendo crossover game right?
Not the random put a character from anything in so long as they have a viable moveset right?

"Pic of the day. Don't eat him. You can't eat him."

Aaaaand Waddle Dees count as Pokepuffs, apparently.
Charizard is still looking for love. That poor waddle dee is going to have hickeys all over next morning.

Reactions: Covenant
Ridley isn't even a joke character though.
He's an actual character. With importance to Nintendo and shit.
We are talking about the Nintendo crossover game right?
Not the random put a character from anything in so long as they have a viable moveset right?
Bait.png

that's some pretty weak bait
you need to become better at baiting
like I am
I'm so good at baiting that they call me a
baiting pro

zlCfzR1qeCs-gMV36h

"Pic of the day. Don't eat him. You can't eat him."

Aaaaand Waddle Dees count as Pokepuffs, apparently.

Yea, this filler probably won't end till mid May or something. But that's okay, we got so much this month already.

You said a thing.
I provided a counter argument.
Oh dang, you sure got me, I won't dare attempt to counter your masterful trolling in the future, how could possibly ever recover from how stupid I made myself look, saying things like,
Ridley is not a joke character. There probably won't be non-Nintendo characters in the game.
I might as well just leave the internet now.

then go for it
prove to us how done you are
are you just bluster or are you really done

What if
I took it one step further
and became part of the internet instead?
Transcend this mortal existence and become something greater.
While discussing probable features of the new Smash Bros.

So you're a master baiter?
:PUN:
goddamn it you took the joke and me'd it
the entire point was subvert the expected master baiter punchline
goddammit

You said a thing.
I provided a counter argument.
Oh dang, you sure got me, I won't dare attempt to counter your masterful trolling in the future, how could possibly ever recover from how stupid I made myself look, saying things like,
Ridley is not a joke character. There probably won't be non-Nintendo characters in the game.
I might as well just leave the internet now.
No need to be upset man. I thought it was obvious that the shit I said about Ridley was ridiculously sarcastic yet you felt the need to take it seriously. It was funny, laugh a little.

I think you're all forgetting Ridley IS a joke character.

You can't scream in space!

No need to be upset man. I thought it was obvious that the shit I said about Ridley was ridiculously sarcastic yet you felt the need to take it seriously. It was funny, laugh a little.

I'm not actually upset.
But the statement didn't really look at all sarcastic, I honest to God thought you were being serious and I wanted to debate.

Doesn't this picture prove you can now grab enemies?

Edit: Er, single player enemies.

Doesn't this picture prove you can now grab enemies?

Edit: Er, single player enemies.
You could grab enemies in Subspace. It's just that you couldn't pummel them. As soon as you grab, the character throws.

The pic looks like you can pummel now.

Charizard a grappler now?

I could dig it.

it just looks like the beggining of his back throw

You know, I want Chorus Men in now. Just thinking about the possibilities...

Of course the one time I post a moveset it's not one of my own.
Whatever, you should check out this thing where someone puts together an actually entirely believable moveset for the Chorus Kids.
Well, just one of them. Marshall. That's his official name.

Charizard's old pummel after a grab in brawl was him biting you, so that's almost definitely his old pummel.