• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Really, Marshall would need more than just attacks referencing the games
an actual rhythm/timing mechanic would be pretty cool actually
like DK's Final Smash expanded to an entire character

Can you imagine if the rhythm combo mechanic was in time with the background music?

People would start banning songs for tournament play. It'd be chaos. Beautiful chaos.

"goddammit who forgot to turn off the underground theme that song is OP as fuck"
"you can't play that stage that's where dark pit's theme plays do you know the cross ups Marshall has with that song"

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Can you imagine if the rhythm combo mechanic was in time with the background music?

People would start banning songs for tournament play. It'd be chaos. Beautiful chaos.

No items, Chorus Kids, Final Destination, Super Smash Bros. 4 official theme only.

Fun fact, Mother 3 actually has a battle system where you have to hit in time with the beat. This song was made specifically in 15/8 time to be hard to combo to.

Good fucking luck Marshal

Reactions: Lavama
That kind of stuff would be impossible to pull off online, though.

Fun fact, Mother 3 actually has a battle system where you have to hit in time with the beat. This song was made specifically in 15/8 time to be hard to combo to.

Good fucking luck Marshal

this f*cking thing HAS rythm?

but... now that you got on the matter, mother 3 has a beautiful theme... and all these variations: from the most joyful and upbeat to the darkest and most depressive.

That's ART!

Reactions: Agent York
Yeah, Mother 3 really is a great game.

Too bad it has magical transvestites and physical/verbal child assault
In a dream area, but still
and forcing male characters to make out with male mermen to stay alive. Nintendo would have to censor it A LOT.

Honestly though, the fan translation is so good though that it's fine. I recommend it to everyone. It's an easy RPG.
Spoilers though, you'll cry. I did.

"Sleeker, sexier, and more hang time than Air BOREDans! Pre-order your pair today at the Nintendo e-shop while supplies last! Heel-less version not available."

samus_aran_s_high__heeled__jump_boots_by_southpawper-d7fpw4b.jpg

Samus's beauty mark not large enough.

That's a disgrace to us beauty-mark'd people.

I'm offended.
That's probably because they realized that it looked stupid.

I actually like it. I think it looks good. BOOO UNPOPULAR OPINION

And it's actually been there since Super Metroid, but you couldn't see it cause 16 bit.

at least she ditched it by fusion
i guess horrible bodily disfigurement and recovering from that disfigurement makes you come back better
whodathunkit

I honestly have no problems with Other M's character design, aside from the fact that they made Samus so short.
And those stupid heels.
I can't remember if I've said it in this thread and I don't feel like looking, but I have to give some props to the Smash team for taking a stupid design choice from Other M and actually giving it a logical purpose.
Still kind of stupid but it's definitely an improvement.

I can't remember if I've said it in this thread and I don't feel like looking, but I have to give some props to the Smash team for taking a stupid design choice from Other M and actually giving it a logical purpose.
Still kind of stupid but it's definitely an improvement.

Pretty sure you said it, but for sure. I mean, Other M's look is much better than the other Prime ones
Zero_Suit.png

*shudder*

And yes. The heels in Other M are stupid. Here, they're pretty badass. If they couldn't get Bayonetta in without cranking up the rating, then this is the next best thing.

I actually like it. I think it looks good. BOOO UNPOPULAR OPINION

And it's actually been there since Super Metroid, but you couldn't see it cause 16 bit.

It's not in Prime so wtf man. Why you gotta lie to me?

It's not in Prime so wtf man. Why you gotta lie to me?
Prime is super non canon, pls follow the correct other m timeline

Prime is super non canon, pls follow the correct other m timeline
Ooooh ok. Sorry man. Here I am thinking this awesome game is canon when the crappier one actually is the one that's canon.

Honestly reminds me of the Pokemon/PMD situation :P

The main Pokemon franchise vs. Pokemon mystery dungeon. It's a spin-off that I find infinitely more entertaining than the regular pokemon games :P Granted, it's not the same situation seeing as PMD isn't canon and Other M sadly is.

To be fair, the only things I truly dislike about Pokemon are tradeable/breedable only moves and garbage story/overworld design.

Other M was kinda a whole pile of "why".

mystery dungeon games are boring as heck
at least I can make shit up when I play pokemon, but mystery dungeons gotta go and have some shitty story about a furry or whatever

zlCfzR17IoMoq06Pxi

"Pic of the day. Yoshi's Egg Throw now leaves a rainbow trail, and we've improved the pose Samus strikes when she fires the Paralyzer. Every staff member is working hard as we brush up whatever we can."

Another pic of Smash Bros.' Bizarre Adventure.

Cause Birdo's a confirmed to be trans female.
Either that or a male crossdresser.

To be fair, the only things I truly dislike about Pokemon are tradeable/breedable only moves and garbage story/overworld design.

Other M was kinda a whole pile of "why".
I'm still playing other M, but I actually like the combat system and 3rd person view. The main issue is that it needed better variety; finishers got a bit repetitive. I'd love to see Team Ninja give it another go.

I cant comment on the story or Samus' personality. My first metroid was Prime3 and Other M was my second, so she came off as feeling human and not whiny to me.

EDIT: The auto targeting too getting used to and wasnt bad, but I'd like to see improvements to it. And I personally didnt have issues pointing the controller at the screen, but felt it wasnt necessary. I understand the director wanted to just use the wiimote, but the nunchuck would've worked great in that game for switching between 3rd and 1st person.

so in other news, the CHALLENGER APPROACHING banners are gone
we might be one last april reveal because why the hell not

I'm still playing other M, but I actually like the combat system and 3rd person view. The main issue is that it needed better variety; finishers got a bit repetitive. I'd love to see Team Ninja give it another go.

I cant comment on the story or Samus' personality. My first metroid was Prime3 and Other M was my second, so she came off as feeling human and not whiny to me.

She's just
really out of character.
And the game got rid of all the exploration elements.
And the enemies and bosses are brought back for no real reason other than they're Metroid enemies.
They ripped off Fusions plot.
Etc.

She's just
really out of character.
And the game got rid of all the exploration elements.
And the enemies and bosses are brought back for no real reason other than they're Metroid enemies.
They ripped off Fusions plot.
Etc.
Thus why I had no issues lol.
I had nothing to compare to.
I felt prime 3 had me exploring (i.e. backtracking) too much
and I didnt play many of the other games so I didnt realize enemies and bosses were reused

But I thought Other M was a sequel(prequel? midquel?) to fusion...

mystery dungeon games are boring as heck
at least I can make shit up when I play pokemon, but mystery dungeons gotta go and have some shitty story about a furry or whatever
I dunno if you're serious or if that's only half joking. Regardless, there's no furriness happening :P It's a human consciousness somehow transferred into a pokemon. While the first game was tear-jerking in terms of story, the second game was the greatest pokemon story I've ever heard. It was freaking awesome. Not sure if you played it all the way through, but it is very boring in the beginning.

Thus why I had no issues lol.
I had nothing to compare to.
I felt prime 3 had me exploring (i.e. backtracking) too much
and I didnt play many of the other games so I didnt realize enemies and bosses were reused

But I thought Other M was a sequel(prequel? midquel?) to fusion...

Prime 3 had a lot of backtracking yeah.
But Super and Fusion were like, actually about exploration without a whole lot of backtracking.

It comes before Fusion on the timeline but he two aren't really related
aside from how much Other M recycled its plot.