• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

I just realized Charizard's tail is going through the platform he's standing on. That isn't a face of smug satisfaction.

That's a face of the "Oh-shit-my-tail-is-in-the-ground-again" emotion

You know, except for the one with Charizard.
screen-8.jpg

Yeah but I'm DDB.

Along with everything else that's been said, Kirby hasn't been seen with copied abilities at all on SSB4 pictures.
He was seen with a charizard hat.
Not a luigi one, no.
(Edit: God dammit skullheart why don't you display this thread correctly)
Although, to be devil's advocate, not-other m ZSS samus is a pretty likely alt costume what with the ridiculous amount of people that hate the design.

Now that ZSS's colors aren't tied to Samus', let's hope we can finally get the legendary outfit in it's full glory
samus_aran_resin_justin_bailey_by_pixel_ninja-d3fru2l.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: musica
Why has that woman spray painted her body red, she should probably put some clothes on.
And maybe throw that image under a spoiler or something.

yeah that's alright but when's Fusion samus
both suit and zero suit

Now that ZSS's colors aren't tied to Samus', let's hope we can finally get the legendary outfit in it's full glory
samus_aran_resin_justin_bailey_by_pixel_ninja-d3fru2l.jpg

You know if they did that, the rocket heels would be forced on the outfit right?

also I just realized that J-Bails Samus is wearing green sandals
that's tackier than any pair of rocket heels

New "Leak" of Green Hill being a retro stage on the 3DS one.
The fact that it's clearly not on a 3DS screen bothers me, so I'm calling fake. Too easy to just install a Brawl mod that adds outlines to the characters, and even stil they don't look very good here.
Considering it's the same people who brought you these shots:
Fake_1.jpg

Fake_1.jpg
Fake_2.jpg

Fake_3.jpg

This one it my FAVOURITE

Fake_4.png

And this AMAZINGLY real chorus men trailer:

It's literally impossible for the image you posted to be fake. Absolutely impossible.

Reactions: Goodbye18000
It's literally impossible...like GLOBAL WARMING and MANBEARPIG.

No possibility of a fake here.

You know if they did that, the rocket heels would be forced on the outfit right?
Not necessarily?
Believe it or not there are ways of putting rockets in your shoes even if they aren't heels. Pretty sure they could adapt her moveset to use rocket not-heels without changing anything.

Reactions: Calypsx
Rocket heels are half of her moveset...

I wasn't saying take out the rockets. Take out the heels, put the thrusters somewhere else, adapt skeleton, models and animations to match hitboxes properly. Unless she has a move where she takes off one of her heels and stabs you in the eye with it, there's no reason she specifically needs to have thruster heels- she just needs rocket feet. Like astro boy.

That seems like a lot of effort for a gimmick colour :/

But there's the case of Jiggs and Pika having different hats.

it's easier to put a hat on a mouse than to almost completely rework a character for a single costume, I'm sure.

it's easier to put a hat on a mouse than to almost completely rework a character for a single costume, I'm sure.
Well... yeah... And her stance actively uses those heels as they are because we see the dynamic springing action when she's in idle stance.

So yeah, highly unlikely.

Well... yeah... And her stance actively uses those heels as they are because we see the dynamic springing action when she's in idle stance.

So yeah, highly unlikely.
We have the case of male wii fit trainer to work off of (who likely cost more money than zero suit samus without heels would) so I wouldn't say it's all that unlikely considering the hate other m samus gets.
Also, didn't mean that this would be just for a justin bailey palette.

male fit trainer has all the same animations, though. He's even the exact same height.
he's literally just a model swap.

male fit trainer has all the same animations, though. He's even the exact same height.
This.

ZSS actively uses the model for the heels in everything she does. Taking out that would totally kill her idle animation and likely running, walking, jumping, recovery, etc etc. No springiness, no Samus.

zlCfzR3Eetw7TKPeHd

Pic of the day. The Assist Trophy, Midna!

This is the 3DS version. She's going to grab and throw things all over the place. Her uncontrollable, whimsical nature remains intact.

Looked like the Heels were added onto the suit. So I don't see how much of an issue it'd be to have them added onto Justin Bailey's outfit. Just, ya know, have them green.

Reactions: Goodbye18000
Well first of all they still have to tweak the animations. It's not just a model swap. Any change that significant is going to need some tweaking in some way, the same height and such is just to ease that. The difference being that with no-heels ZSS they have to replace some animations instead of tweaking them.
The difference being that no-heels ZSS needs almost no modeling in comparison, just a lot more animation tweaking. Animations are usually cheaper to create than models. They'd probably have to replace ~50% of her grounded animations, with the rest of them being smaller tweaks. In comparison they're doing, at most, an eighth of the work the did on male wii fit trainer on her model- really just the shoes and maybe smaller breasts, possibly a different face if they wanted to go all out- creating an entirely new model from scratch isn't needed.

No, we're talking about alternate costumes.
The heels are still a very important topic though.

And what he's trying to say is that removing the heels without changing the animations would have Samus awkwardly walking on her toes.
So any alternate costume would have to have heels as well.
At least I think that's what he's saying.

Well first of all they still have to tweak the animations. It's not just a model swap. Any change that significant is going to need some tweaking in some way, the same height and such is just to ease that.
Except that this is wrong. It quite literally is the exact same rigging with a different model applied to it. There is NO additional tweaking whatsoever.

I'm more stunned that Horseman is so deadset on having Justin Bailey as a thing.
Nah he just likes saying people are wrong.

I'm more stunned that Horseman is so deadset on having Justin Bailey as a thing.
Also, didn't mean that this would be just for a justin bailey palette.
But you know whatever.

No, we're talking about alternate costumes.
The heels are still a very important topic though.

And what he's trying to say is that removing the heels without changing the animations would have Samus awkwardly walking on her toes.
So any alternate costume would have to have heels as well.
At least I think that's what he's saying.
Yeah, that's the problem.
I'm saying you would have to rework a bunch of the ground animations but overall it's not more difficult or more expensive than male wii fit trainer.
And no heels ZSS is exactly what an alternate costume should be. Half of the fanbase likes the new design and the other half hates it, why can't we have both and make everyone happy? If I could pick exactly one more alt costume to be made I would pick this without hesitation.

Except that this is wrong. It quite literally is the exact same rigging with a different model applied to it. There is NO additional tweaking whatsoever.
Of course there's tweaking, you don't just throw a new model onto a character that's about the same size and say "done" unless you're perfectly fine with constant clipping and grabbing/leaning on ghost body parts. Almost any change to meshes requires animation tweaks, let alone swapping one model for an entirely different one.

Nah he just likes saying people are wrong.
I'm not even telling anyone they're wrong, I'm just saying this is within the realm of possibility. :/

Last edited:
how about give Zamus a horsehead and make no one happy
except for me
that would make me happy

I don't.
I mean, we weren't even talking about the heels but if we want to start this up again, I fuckin will don't test me.

Reactions: Horseman
are we getting mad over video games on the internet again

how about give Zamus a horsehead and make no one happy
except for me
that would make me happy
That would be fucking hot man.

Yeah, that's the problem.
I'm saying you would have to rework a bunch of the ground animations but overall it's not more difficult or more expensive than male wii fit trainer.
And no heels ZSS is exactly what an alternate costume should be. Half of the fanbase likes the new design and the other half hates it, why can't we have both and make everyone happy? If I could pick exactly one more alt costume to be made I would pick this without hesitation.

Of course there's tweaking, you don't just throw an entirely new model onto a character that's about the same size and say "done" unless you're perfectly fine with constant clipping and grabbing/leaning on ghost body parts. Almost any change to meshes requires animation tweaks, let alone swapping one model for another entirely different one.

I'm not even telling anyone they're wrong, I'm just saying this is within the realm of possibility :/
You realize there's a horrid amount of clipping already, correct? Those characters are animated with that model and there is still incredible amountes of clipping. Just look at Shiek, it's disgusting :P The only tweaking necessary is making the model compatible with the game itself, not the rigging. I've done model textures for brawl and there is no reason to alter animations to make the model compatible. That would alter the move/movement/idle itself and would ultimately be a different character with even SLIGHTLY differing properties. Last time I checked, alternate costumes don't change character properties. Please show me an instance where this happens in smash. I'd like to see it.

Perfect example: Mokujin. Completely new model, EXACT same rigging and properties. I don't see an issue with clipping with him either. In fact he FIXES clipping issues on Ogre.

I was just saying I find it confusing how people have a problem with Samus in heels. I wasn't really trying to start anything.

I fuckin love those heels. I don't get what people's beef with them are :P