• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

I might be interested in that Gamecube controller if it didn't have to plug into the Wii-remote and it was actually made by Nintendo.

And if the Wii U played Gamecube games. I love Gamecube.

Reactions: Hemijack
How come the Wii U seems to require wireless controllers? Even that Tekken Tag 2 stick was wireless. It's not like the Wii U doesn't have USB ports.

just make a gamecube controller for that kind of stuff but make it not support melee
then let the tears flow

Reactions: Smilax
On the pose-mirroring, I don't think Mac mirrors either. It's actually an important detail which hand a boxer primarily uses, so it's good that Mac doesn't magically switch his primary hand every time he turns around.

Well damn, I like that they're developing that controller. It's really not needed, but whatever :P If it gets more people on the Wii U train then I'm all for it

could this mean a sudden revival of Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom???????????????
[sigh]
If only...it really was a fun game; and baroque, while not perfect, is pretty much the only comeback mechanic I truly respect because it actually requires sacrifice and any input error will end it.

I like how they're doing this without giving characters ambidextrous sprites. Like, I can still get a good look at how Greninja's scarf-tongue is folded when he's turned around even though his body's been mirrored.
Yeah, it's not just a straight up mirror, they just altered the position of the model leaving the textures as is.

I would LOVE another Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. It would push me over the edge to buy a Wii U. Sadly it's not going to happen because of Tatsunoko.

Tatsunoko was soo good! It's the reason I modded my Wii to play imports - I knew there was NO WAY we would EVER get an English version of the game.....

I believe it did? Iirc, we got uh
Frank West and Zero I believe it was? It's been a while so I'm probably wrong

^Correct, we got Frank and Zero, lost the fat genie guy, and gained a few of the Gotchaman characters, I think.

By any chance, didn't the english version have exclusive characters?
You mean the update? Yeah, the update had Frank West, Zero, Yatterman-2, Tekkaman Blade, and Joe the Condor, whereas the original had Hakushon Daimao. I think there might be an actual Tatsunoko vs. Capcom thread somewhere on this board, though.

Reactions: Hemijack and Smilax
Guys come on, ease up on the potshots.

taking the blow for you jutsei

How about that E3 tournament. Who do you expect will be invited?

Also I'm totally preordering 4 of the GameCube WiiU Classic Controller's so that my friends and I can hop right in.

I hope the "Smash Bros Character Design" part of it means there's more than one type.

YOU MISSED THE HYPE?

GET ON IT, SIR

• $25 each
  • Gamecube-like
  • Wired to a Wiimote (not true Wired, but works like any other Classic controller I think)
  • Featuring Smash Bros character artwork
  • Third party but made with Nintendo's help

I use the Wiimote/Nunchuk more than a GC actually.
So you all have fun spending 25 bucks.

Wait I'm confused is this what the pad is supposed to look like or is that something else and we don't actually know yet?

No, that's the PREVIOUS controller made in the partnership between PDP and Nintendo. Way back for TvC and "other fighters". This one hasn't had a revealed design yet.

I use the Wiimote/Nunchuk more than a GC actually.
So you all have fun spending 25 bucks.
I need another "normal" controller for my WiiU as is. All I have is the GamePad, a Pro Controller and two "Kidney" Classic Controllers. A GameCube-styled Classic wouldn't just make Smash more fun for my friends but make certain other games (such as the GC virtual console titles we were promised) more fun to play.

I need another "normal" controller for my WiiU as is. All I have is the GamePad, a Pro Controller and two "Kidney" Classic Controllers. A GameCube-styled Classic wouldn't just make Smash more fun for my friends but make certain other games (such as the GC virtual console titles we were promised) more fun to play.

I understand, I-
I was just being an asshole is all.

I was just being an asshole is all.

As was I
21ootuf.gif

Man though I just really hope the 3DS version holds its own, cuz I can't afford a Wii U. I haven't played an online game using Nintendo's services since the Wii and DS so I don't really know what it's like these days. I still have nightmares of Brawl's terrible five-second input lag.

Kid Icarus Uprising on the 3DS has literally perfect online. Considering it was made with basically all of Brawl's team, and how they're working on it with Namco Bandai, Smash's online should be amazing.

and rip in pieces brawl wifi
played once, never again

I did, shit was awful... no Daisy.

People use Facebook still? I jumped ship after a while, most of the people I knew just got on my nerves after so long.