• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Snake's new Smash design confirmed
2SrPG5b.jpg

Reactions: musica and Hemijack
Also when's Lucario's new side B - Bone Rush
PleasantSentimentalBigmouthbass.gif

get rekd u lil shit.

The nearest Best Buy for me is like a four hour fucking drive so I'm gonna miss out on all the fun. Looking forward to the Youtube footage though.

I'ma record as much as I can. I'm pretty close to a Best Buy.

Funnily enough, it's in TWO Best Buy's in Edmonton for some reason. I'm not complaining.

People from Skullheart that have the chance to play the Demos, please try Rosalina and let me know your opinion lol

Alright, so wait. When's the Smash Bros conference again?
Wouldn't it make sense for the Tournament to end just before the conference starts?

The Tourney is 4 PM Pacific.
And the Direct is 7 PM Pacific.

So there's a solid 3 hours between the two.

And since I haven't made the comment here yet,
I'm calling it now, there's gonna be a character reveal after the tournament and two during the direct.
Possibly a bit optimistic, but that's what I'm calling.

if thats the case all those wanting Jigglypuff should pray that HungryBox Wins

I meant newcomer character but whatever.
And Falcon and Jiggs probably won't be revealed until the game launches.

A new character is a give-in, we already have a nice tentative release date (summer for 3DS, winter for WiiU) and a playable demo is confirmed at Best Buys!

But yeah. Hype is max.
Wait Best Buys are getting demos? I knew they were thinking about it, but I didn't know they confirmed it. That's REALLY awesome news because I live right next to one.
fff+joy+picard+1-thumb-600x348.jpg

Reactions: Hemijack
Have to check the website. They're very specific stores.

I really want either a Little Mac or Rosalina to destroy everyone in the tournament.

Not just because I really like both characters, but I am willing to guess that they will be very fun to watch. Little Mac will have kickass combos and counters, and Rosalina is a puppet character, which I hope means her best strategies and techniques will be hard as heck to master, but frightening when done right.

I actually wonder if, pre-tourney, be allowed to practice.

Cause I mean, someone with Fox or Marth has an advantage against any newcomer, not even because they're better but simply because the other person is more familiar with the character.

Plus, the first few rounds are a 4 player FFA, meaning that certain characters like Mega Man would have an advantage because of the whole scuffle thing.

It'll be interesting to see how it goes.

I actually wonder if, pre-tourney, be allowed to practice.

Cause I mean, someone with Fox or Marth has an advantage against any newcomer, not even because they're better but simply because the other person is more familiar with the character.

Plus, the first few rounds are a 4 player FFA, meaning that certain characters like Mega Man would have an advantage because of the whole scuffle thing.

It'll be interesting to see how it goes.

Wasn't it said that the competitors would choose their characters the morning of the tournament?
I assume that means they have the day to get used to the physics of the game and any tweaks on the character they're using.

So what day and what time(EST) is the Smash direct and tourney? I swear I'll be kicking myself if I miss either.

The Tourney is 4 PM Pacific.
And the Direct is 7 PM Pacific.

That's 7 PM and 10 PM Eastern.
If I have my time zones correct.

So the 9th at 4:00 and 7:00 Pacific (7:00 and 10:00 Eastern)? I'll definitely be catching that.

Wait it's Tuesday? Whoops I made a mistake.

"Pic of the day. Here's a new Wii U stage, Mushroom Kingdom U! It brings to life the worlds of New Super Mario Bros. U."
zlCfzSACFmgn4pYpMS.jpg

"When Kamek casts a spell, the stage transforms drastically! That said, this is not what you would call a moving stage… …By the way, this stage will be playable in the demo version of the game for E3, a game expo that starts on June 10 in Los Angeles."

zlCfzSACGFkxjQ_owV.jpg

Reactions: musica and Hemijack
Huh... not bad.

Rainbow Road would be a cool stage to have, though. MKW's Rainbow Road to be exact. You could have Daisy throw her salty tears at you as she drives down the course.

You know there already is a Rainbow Road stage, right? With Shy Guys that drive, right?

Than being said, I find it more than ironic that I come looking at the Smash Bros Website because I woke up because I have burns on my shoulders. And there's water in the pic.

Why...

Reactions: musica
I forgot about that, whoops. Thanks for reminding me.

""When Kamek casts a spell, the stage transforms drastically!"

Aww I was hoping he'd use that gimmick for a Yoshi stage. Still nice looking stage.