• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Someone posted a fake pic of the day

if only

BrA8wxICMAQCml4.jpg:large

Pic of the Day. Here is a preview of the Glitzville stage for Smash Bros Wii U, In this stage every fighter will be stylized.

That would be the greatest thing ever.

It'd be from what?

Sorry, I didn't hear that. I mean, pfft, what? There was no other Paper Mario RPG after TTYD. Nope, there was Super Paper Mario, but we're no longer allowed to discuss that game here after the Bleck Wars of 2014 claimed twelve lives, so I mean, what possibly could you be talking about?

AHAHAHAHA
Hate it if you will, but Super had a pretty damn good story.
Better than the original & that disappointment.

If we're back on
this
argument again,
I do have to say, I remember a hell of a lot more from Super than I do from TTYD, and I didn't play them all that far apart.

Reactions: Hemijack and Jutsei
For me:

TTYD excelled with its battle system and memorable party members and villains, while Super had a better story and in my humblest opinion, the best writing in any Mario RPG.

PM64 is just fine all on its own. It's a great game, but doesn't do anything completely outstanding.

Original, TTYD, and Super all made me shed manly tears

Super the most though
TTYD is all around the best though in terms of story, combat, post game content, etc
Original has the Master, enough said

Sticker Star had funny sticker gimmick and that's about it
Kersti's Power is an
AMAZING theme though

I personally adore the first PM, loved the second, struggle to keep focus on Super and have yet to play Sticker....

Moving on...

I really hope more than 75% of the roster has 2 or even just one alt costume (not just color swap) just because they're so pretty to look at. Any ones you guys in particular I'm hoping for?

I'd love:
Fire Peach (with Ponytail)
Hilda (same hair color too!)
Legit Fusion Suit Samus (I know it's super unlikely since they've shown the color in game....BUT STILL!)
Dark & Dry Bowser
Ms. Pacman

And of course, the ultimate alt costume
tumblr_me7wchkTis1qgtyxi.jpg

In all its pixelated glory

So he's graduated from theft to kidnapping...

When's Grand Theft Nabbit?

A stage hazard that kidnaps people? Ughhhhh

I wanted Nabbit as an Assist Trophy and essentially work like Munchlax but this works too.

Superman, he's always as strong as he needs to be to win
Unless their on a planet with a red sun. Then Goku wins.

Oh, who am I kidding? Supes would still win for some crazy reason.

Last edited:
Fake. No Rochelle or Daneeka on the list.

Fake. Ridley's too small on that character select screen.

Guys! Hey guys! Who would win in a fight, Goku or Superman!?!?!!!

Psh, as if anybody cares.
Now who would win in a rap battle, that's what the people want to know.

Reactions: Skullmageddon
I have my Brawler all set up. All I need to know is all the possible attacks that it has so I can make it fit.

I've got like.
My entire Mii Roster ready for classes.
I'm just gonna list them all.
HERE IT COMES
Brawler: My Mii, Farris (An OC of mine), Reggie, Hank Hill, AVGN (Or Nostalgia Critic), Ghandi, Charles Barkley, Dio Brando, Waluigi, Senator Armstrong, Chie

Swordsman: Scarlet (My main OC), Iwata, Snoop Dogg, Johnathan Joestar, Billy Mays, Ryuko Matoi (Or Satuski Kiryuin), Professor Layton, Raiden, Yu Narukami

Gunner: Vermillion (Again, OC), Sakurai, Reggie Fils-A-MECH, Nostalgia Critic (Or AVGN), Arbaham Lincoln, Ringo Roadagain, Moemura, Nikki, Hideo Kojima, Gordon Freeman, Duke Nukem, Naoto.

Ohhh, here's something really interesting. People examined the trophy line up for the 3DS version and found these

tumblr_inline_n7stu4pmWY1rbr3m4.png

Three WFT trophies! That means we may be getting three per character again:
  • Classic Mode
  • Adventure Mode (Smash Run?)
  • All Star Mode
Which makes you wonder how you're gonna get the Final Smash trophy, however. Maybe WFT is an exception as her trophies are Yoga techniques for her series?

It could also be different poses = different trophies cuz what would Wii Fit trophies be like other than Wii Fit People

"Pic of the day. Some of the physical characteristics of Miis get carried over when you use them as Mii Fighters. The smaller ones become speed fighters and the bigger ones are more akin to power fighters."
zlCfzSGFk4MsWS_t3o.jpg

Reactions: Hemijack
Oh hey cool. Even more depth.

That ain't Falco though. Knew that leak was fake.