• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

You realize that I could set my username/nickname on my 3ds to anything I want it to be? Like even something like... I dunno, ESRB0083.

What a coincidence... That means that, well, ANYONE could have made that name... Super weird...

That's exactly why people find it suspicious. Why would they need to label the character ERSB000whatever? I'm pretty sure the ESRB knows that they are the ESRB. And why would there need to be the word SMASH stuck at the top of the 1 gameplay shot? I'm sure the ESRB is made aware of what they are viewing by full name ahead of time. It seems as if the leaker went out of his way to make it look like a "real" ESRB shot without knowing anything about the ESRB.

I could also question why these images would be included in the presentation. It's supposed to be the a short clip of any objectionable content in the game, so the only thing that makes sense to be here is the one image of gameplay (AKA cartoon violence), though that's the worst looking image of them all.

Incorrect! Yoshi and DK are well within the Mario universe. Same with Wario too. Notice how they are always in the same area on the character select screen? Gosh, Brawl had it close though. Pokemon having 6 and Mario having 8

Yes but Smash counts them as different entities. That's why there are individual emblems for DK, Yoshi, and Wario characters. It's been like this since Smash 64.

Reactions: Jutsei
That's exactly why people find it suspicious. Why would they need to label the character ERSB000whatever? I'm pretty sure the ESRB knows that they are the ESRB. And why would there need to be the word SMASH stuck at the top of the 1 gameplay shot? I'm sure the ESRB is made aware of what they are viewing by full name ahead of time. It seems as if the leaker went out of his way to make it look like a "real" ESRB shot without knowing anything about the ESRB.

I could also question why these images would be included in the presentation. It's supposed to be the a short clip of any objectionable content in the game, so the only thing that makes sense to be here is the one image of gameplay (AKA cartoon violence), though that's the worst looking image of them all.

To make this clear: The image with the smash ontop of it was piggybacking off of the previous images and aren't even from the same poster. I firmly believe that one is false as well. And I think the name thing gives it more credibility but to each their own.

Yes but Smash counts them as different entities. That's why there are individual emblems for DK, Yoshi, and Wario characters. It's been like this since Smash 64.

But Nintendo doesn't, that's why they're grouped together. You would think that if they truly were entirely separate franchises, they would be getting varying places on the character select screen yeah? But since the beginning, they've been grouped together. Too consistent.

The only inconsistency here is the clones who IN THEMSELVES have been grouped together. I love it.

EDIT: Sorry for that HORRIBLE formatting D:

I seriously think you guys are just supporting this because you want Shulk and Bowser Jr.
Also, someone pointed out that while the Famitsu and Stage select are similar, the roster is missing a plant from the Famitsu leak.
So similar, but not enough.

818eb8af7e02c445d9d3f2225065f173f5f6c9086a9f2b74ca8d42733e27fe2f.jpg

Reactions: shoryusatsu999
I won't be convinced until I see the "Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series" sticker on the boxart
AND as Dante's logo icon

Reactions: Hemijack and Jutsei
I seriously think you guys are just supporting this because you want Shulk and Bowser Jr.
Also, someone pointed out that while the Famitsu and Stage select are similar, the roster is missing a plant from the Famitsu leak.
I think you're just upset :P I put my wants aside and am looking at the sheer amount of effort required for this to even exist. Sure, I want Bowser Jr, but not enough to be like "Bowser Jr's in! IT'S GOTTA BE TRUE". Look at the renders and tell me where to find that Dunk Hunt one. Please, go find an image that looks remotely similar to that.

And I'll have to take a look at that plant issue. I'd like to see for myself.

im late but adding Dark Pit and Dr. Mario instead of Lucas and Wolf? That's dumb as frick

..... I seriously think you just hate leaks. I really don't care about any of these characters except Duck Hunt.
im late but adding Dark Pit and Dr. Mario instead of Lucas and Wolf? That's dumb as frick
I'm really sad about Lucas.

Reactions: Rellek
Also, let's not forget this originated on 4chan.
And apparently, the leaker is very rude and that's not quite helpng his credibility.
Yeah, okay. He's on 4chan, and neogaf, btw look at this thread we've all been r00d dudes that doesn't stop us from arguing.

Also, let's not forget this originated on 4chan.
And apparently, the leaker is very rude and that's not quite helpng his credibility.
The leaks that were true for X/Y originated on 4chan. And that dude I believe told everyone to suck a d***

dropping r-bombs all over this thread like a bunch of r-word hooligans

I hope Shulk is the next revealed character so it doesn't prove or disprove this leak either way.

Yes but the X/Y Leak is believable, I can believe stores breaking street date, I can't believe an ESRB member going out of their way to leak the roster, especially when they apparently don't play games.

Also /v/ isn't bad at all. If you've actually been there, it's pretty hilarious.

Yes but the X/Y Leak is believable, I can believe stores breaking street date, I can't believe an ESRB member going out of their way to leak the roster, especially when they apparently don't play games.
People are just assuming it's a member of ESRB because of the name. And the image quality is the same as the x/y leaks. I don't know how much more believable you can get without offering video.

It can actually, depending on his character art, and if it matches the one in the leak.

Shit I didn't think about that. Whatever, I'm still hoping for Shulk as the August Newcomer.

I really hope Sakurai fucks with us as hard as he did with Palutena.

Despite the fact that leak was actually false and just a really good guess.
I'm making a really good guess that
lIiPgKe.gif

Reactions: Hemijack and Rellek

Aw I think Palutena was a shoo-in anyway, leak or no leak.

The Palutena one? I thought that was just a character redesign. I mean, they can make an entirely new alternate costume in less than a month for ZSS, they can change a tiny detail in Palutena in a day.

I actually still think that might be real or fake, it'll be forever unsolved because Palutena's in anyway and nothing can change that.

And no, I'm not mad, just 100% sure this is fake.

I actually would hate to be Sakurai, dude works his ass off and puts so much love into it, but some people just don't appreciate how hard he tries to make people happy, and constantly make outlandish requests, and throw shit fits when they don't get it.
Let's not forget how BOTH of his hands are injured but he keeps trucking on because he cares about it this much.
I appreciate him, but I wouldn't wanna be him.

Wait, guys I think I know what's going on.
y9w3NXM.png

Reactions: Hemijack
if the leak is real i will cry for 20 minutes then preorder the game
Better start crying ;^).
:PUN:

*coughs up blood*

That's a lie, i-it has to be! Guys, Jutsei is Sakurai!

No wonder Jutsei is so confident about Ridley being in the game!

And so, day one of the fighting began. The Believers numbers may have grown due to newfound testaments hidden deep within the internet, the legion of Non-Believers stood steadfast in their judgement. The fighting claimed many lives, with previous friends turning against each other. Blood ran through the streets and children cried as the once peaceful board tore asunder. Both parties await a sign from God to prove the non-believers or disprove the other....

the fighting continues.

Seriously though, on September 13th/14th, shit's gonna be brutal
Unmarked spoilers everywhere, people believing things to be fake until footage is shown...
Not everyone (☞゚ヮ゚)☞.