• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

I sorta take my statement back.
Still, it's a nice nod to JSR players.

As much as I'm with the "it would be more appropriate to give him something actually FROM a Sonic-related thing" group, there is no way any of you could convince me to not use it every time I were ever to use Sonic.

Then again, it's irrelevant to me anyway since i'm not going to play PM anytime soon. =P

I can't because my Wii broke a few years ago.
I actually want to play Project M.

I brought it up to the dev team via Reddit (somehow didn't get downvoted into oblivion) and they pointed out that all of Sonic's recolors got extra love, so I'll give them that

ZbBvK4B.png

Ehhhh,
nothing specifically against the alt, but covering Sonic's torso and legs like that makes him look fleshy and hairless and gross.

Reactions: Cawtime
New PM alt revealed today

zB5NOql.png

I actively dislike this new Project M alt. Cause Sonic has so many actual costumes, and yet they're giving him this? And it breaks the whole "No representing franchises not featured in Brawl vanilla".

Like, for JSR fans, it's pretty cool. For Sonic fans, it's not.

I hate it because it's not something sonic has ever actually worn. =/

i hate it because it just reminds me how bad sega is with their own franchises

I hate it because it's not something sonic has ever actually worn. =/
Do you hate anything characters ever do that they haven't done before? Personally, that sounds silly.

I think its pretty awesome that they gave him a cameo from another game from the company he is from. I mean f***, I want sonic playable in a Jet Set game now.

Last edited:
I have no history with JSR, and I LOVE that alt! It helps that the moment I saw it, I could only think about how much Woolie from the Super Best Friends will be fan-gasming over it.

Y'know if they have time to do all of these alts, maybe they could devote some time to actually changing Ganondorf's moveset so he isn't a Captain Falcon clone anymore. After playing Hyrule Warriors and toying with the Custom Moves in Smash 3DS, I almost feel that they're wasting resources keeping Ganondorf the same.

Reactions: TailsWorld1
Tell that to all the players on Smashboards who insist that Ganondorf must stay a Falcon clone even though they could theoretically transfer the moveset over to Black Shadow. It's not just on the dev team.

Reactions: Tomo009
Porting Ganon's clone move set to Black Shadow seems like the perfect answer, but that would take up a Clone Engine space, of which they only have five, most likely less after the next update hits in a few weeks. Really, porting over Black Shadow would only serve to get you a slightly new character with the same model, an old character with a slightly new model, and would take up a space that could have gone to Ridley or something.

Speaking of filling Clone Engine space, any predictions as to who's gonna get added to P:M with the next update?

While I understand the reasons why they wouldn't, I honestly think Pichu is coming back.

Speaking of filling Clone Engine space, any predictions as to who's gonna get added to P:M with the next update?

While I understand the reasons why they wouldn't, I honestly think Pichu is coming back.

There was a supposed leak a while ago on /v/ (with pictures!) that said the new characters were Knuckles, Sami (Advanced Wars character), Lyn, Issac and Skull Kid, though I don't recall if they were specified for a 3.5 release, or sometime in the future (can't check, the thread got mod-nuked from all angles after it started circulating).

If it's Lyn I would be screaming.

though she's still not hector

I would LOVE Hector, he's like, my number one Fire Emblem newcomer hope.
Though, my number one joke pick for FE in PM would be Eliwood, but just as Roy from Melee. Including the dash attack that literally didn't have a hitbox.

Ridley finally makes a playable appearance
as a clone of Jigglypuff.

NEW AT DISCOVERED
Roll-Cancel Grabbing

Premise: Cancel a forward roll into a grab for extra range.

Execution: Tap forward on the C-pad, then immediately press and hold shield, then follow up equally as quickly into grab or jab. You'll know you have it down when you see a flash behind you during your grab animation. If you're having trouble with the inputs, try turning down the speed on training until you get a feel for the timing.

Applications: Fairly simple applications; RC grab to surprise the opponent when they think they're out of grab range, or shielding a lot. Mix up you're approaches, and get them when they think they're safe.

Additional Notes: Little Mac and Wario have the most noticeable difference from their RC's and non-RC's.

Demonstration:
https://gfycat.com/CreativeBitesizedHen

NEW AT DISCOVERED
Roll-Cancel Grabbing

Premise: Cancel a forward roll into a grab for extra range.

Execution: Tap forward on the C-pad, then immediately press and hold shield, then follow up equally as quickly into grab or jab. You'll know you have it down when you see a flash behind you during your grab animation. If you're having trouble with the inputs, try turning down the speed on training until you get a feel for the timing.

Applications: Fairly simple applications; RC grab to surprise the opponent when they think they're out of grab range, or shielding a lot. Mix up you're approaches, and get them when they think they're safe.

Additional Notes: Little Mac and Wario have the most noticeable difference from their RC's and non-RC's.

Demonstration:
https://gfycat.com/CreativeBitesizedHen
isn't that just dash grabbing?
i'm trying it now and not sure if i'm doing it differently.

edit: doing it some more i see the difference, a good way to do it is on final D version of mushroomy kingdom you can see the difference of distance by using each of the little squares as measurement.

Pic of the day.

The Flying Men that appear in the Magicant stage will ally with the first fighter that touches them.

Watch out for their flying cross-chop attacks! They also accumulate damage, and a grave gets erected every time a Flying Man falls in battle.

And of course, only up to five Flying Men can appear at a time

zlCfzShYJ6oslfngBW

That's really cool, but the problem arises when you realize you need two extra players in the game to SD, which could add to start-up time, and requires the kind heart of others or 150 bucks from the TO, all for Rainbow Road (assuming that no characters are ridiculous on it, like what happened to Mute city), and maybe Tortimer Island. Don't get me wrong, I would love more stages in this game to be viable, it just seems like more work than it's worth for two new stages, maybe.

Nintendo UK made a mistake - The GameCube adaptor is only Wii U and Pro Controller compatible.

I guess they want us to buy the GameCube Classic Controllers if we want GameCube for Wii on Wii U.

A few new weird things were discovered. First, grabbing Little Mac during the start-up of his K.O. punch takes you to the ends of the Earth. It is confirmed to work for Sheik as well, though not as far as Luigi's (God bless momentum).

Also, this happens:

The cause of this is Palutena's side-b 2, Super Speed, and the new ledge mechanics. Side-b to try and re-grab the ledge, and you will phase through all solid matter, up to and including walled FD variants.

Palutena confirmed FFF tier.

Reactions: CountofBleck
Looks like Chrom and Bowser aren't the only hot dads in Smash

During an interview with Namco Bandai's Mike Chang, it was confirmed that the Pac-Man in the Ghostly Adventures series is actually the son of the original Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man.

main.png

Look at this hunk

Pic of the day.

The Flying Men that appear in the Magicant stage will ally with the first fighter that touches them.

Watch out for their flying cross-chop attacks! They also accumulate damage, and a grave gets erected every time a Flying Man falls in battle.

And of course, only up to five Flying Men can appear at a time

zlCfzShYJ6oslfngBW

Yes Sakurai, completely ignore the fact that Ness is in the picture. Whatever, I guess there's our Ness picture. Next up is a Falco picture where Sakurai talks about the lasers on Corneria.

Interesting. So with this...
Reset Bomb Forest-Legal?
Rainbow Road-Counterpick
Corneria-Counterpick (I don't recall if they banned it because of that wall section in the rear of the stage though, so maybe banned still)
Pictochat-Legal?

I've done it.
Finally.
I've been trying since like, last Saturday and I finally beat Classic Mode on Level 9 with Little Mac and no customization.

Reactions: SkullMan
I think I have a new-found love for the Doc. He doesn't have the combo potential of regular Mario but that down-b is so good. He's gonna end up being one of my mains.