• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

I was more hype over Captain Toad at E3 than any other game announced. I am not exaggerating about that.

Granted, that is partially because I didn't know about the 3D World minigame beforehand, so I thought it was an entirely new thing out of nowhere, but I'm still super hyped about it. Captain Toad is such a freaking badass.

Reactions: Rellek
I fell outa my chair laughing! Holy crap that is amazing! I'm soo doin this to by buds.

would be funnier if it wasn't already considered a banned stage, that being said i'm so going to do that with some friends of mine.

Heard about the release date stuff. Sucks for you Europeans, but for us Americans, if you're wondering why we would get it first, before even Japan, it's cause of Black Friday. The rest of the world isn't getting it late, we're just getting it early because Nintendo cannot afford to miss that date. Nonetheless, hyped as hell, time to put down some preorders.

Also in other wonderful news, all these (original, AKA remixed) songs have been confirmed for the Wii U version:
Egg Planet (Good Egg Galaxy)
Title (Metroid)
The Great Cave Offensive-There's your stage confirmation
Fight 1 (Fire Emblem Gaiden)
Stage Select (Pikmin 2)
Xenoblade Chronicles Medley

Xenoblade Medley hype.

Source

And who could forget Captain Toad in December?

Answer: Everyone

I ain't forgetting about the captain, I'll probably get it for Christmas or something. $40 is an excellent price tag.

Last edited:
So like, this month's Archie comics, when put together, make a Smash Bros homage
ArchieSuperSmashVar.png

and now Archie just announced they're crossing over Sonic and Mega Man again!
sonicmegaman2.jpg

Knowing the nerds that Archie's writers are, I wouldn't be surprised if Smash stuff is brought up.

The Great Cave Offensive-There's your stage confirmation
My body is SO DAMN READY

I'm honestly thinking about just getting the download version. Black Friday is not the nicest day to be at any store.

I'm honestly thinking about just getting the download version. Black Friday is not the nicest day to be at any store.

Good thing it launches a week before Black Friday.

And Black Friday doesn't exist in Canada (well, it does, but it's actually what we call the day a huge mega-tornado tore through my hometown and we don't celebrate that) so there's that.

Though I need to somehow get my money out of PayPal and into my hands so I can preorder it in person so I don't have to wait for shipping. Hmmmm...

Good thing it launches a week before Black Friday.
Oh.
I guess i have forgotten the date for Black Friday.

Suddenly the catchphrase, Settle It In SMASH! makes more sense.

Don't know if we all knew this or not, but the GameCube controller adaptor will work with any game that wants a Pro Controller or Classic Controller - Pikmin 3, Mario Kart 8, and the Wii titles that used them.

Source

Well shit.
I legitimately can't afford to get the $100 Smash Bundle though.
So I'll just have to ask for that adapter for Christmas or something

Just do what I'm doing

Creating stupid YouTube Let's Plays that forces viewers into a Stockholm-Syndrome type scenario where they warm up to me, their captor, and then binge watch all my crap gameplay of nostalgic games for them.

Or sell your body. But that's only on Friday nights for me.

Don't know if we all knew this or not, but the GameCube controller adaptor will work with any game that wants a Pro Controller or Classic Controller - Pikmin 3, Mario Kart 8, and the Wii titles that used them.

Source

That doesn't answer the one thing I care about. Will it work in Wii mode? If so then I can now play Project M on my Wii U, huzzah.

That doesn't answer the one thing I care about. Will it work in Wii mode? If so then I can now play Project M on my Wii U, huzzah.

"This adapter will allow you to connect your GameCube controller to the Nintendo Wii or Wii U. Connect your GameCube controller to your Wii or Wii U console. Compatible with all games supported by the Wii Classic Controller, Wii Classic Controller Pro and Wii U Pro Controller."

From the official store page. If it says it works with the Wii (which has built in GameCube ports), then I don't see why it wouldn't work in Wii Mode. Like, the GamePad and Pro Controllers don't work on the Wii or Wii U, but if this is backwards compatible to the Wii, it should totally work on Wii U's Wii Mode.

Source
So does that mean I can play Brawl on the Wii U with a Gamecube controller? If so... then there is LITERALLY no reason to keep my Wii.

So does that mean I can play Brawl on the Wii U with a Gamecube controller? If so... then there is LITERALLY no reason to keep my Wii.

Hacking, my boy! Put any NES, GameBoy, SNES or Genesis game on it! Homebrew games too!

The thing is I don't even need that special Smash controller, I still have my old Platinum GCN controller I got just for Brawl.
and even so, I also have my Wii U Pro Controller, and as someone as pointed out, the 3DS Controls are similar to that, so it's kind of preparing you for that too.
So i'll just with with that.

Hacking, my boy! Put any NES, GameBoy, SNES or Genesis game on it! Homebrew games too!
I should have specified: I have no reason to keep it. I don't do homebrew, nor NES games and those emulators. I just use Stacksmash Brawl Minus and the occasional Twilight Princess.

If Great Cave Offensive is really one of the soundtracks it better be a medley of all the themes.

Preferably including the Computer Virus fight theme.

"This adapter will allow you to connect your GameCube controller to the Nintendo Wii or Wii U. Connect your GameCube controller to your Wii or Wii U console. Compatible with all games supported by the Wii Classic Controller, Wii Classic Controller Pro and Wii U Pro Controller."

From the official store page. If it says it works with the Wii (which has built in GameCube ports), then I don't see why it wouldn't work in Wii Mode. Like, the GamePad and Pro Controllers don't work on the Wii or Wii U, but if this is backwards compatible to the Wii, it should totally work on Wii U's Wii Mode.

That's excellent. Hopefully this is true!

If Great Cave Offensive is really one of the soundtracks it better be a medley of all the themes.

Preferably including the Computer Virus fight theme.

Oh man, can you imagine if the Computer Virus makes an appearance though? You could have RPG enemies from almost every game, with proper text!

"Goomba walked up!"

"New Age Retro Hippie approached!"

"Wild Ratata appeared!"

"Risen Commander Advances"

OH GOD YES

Speaking of, if you haven't already, spend your Club Nintendo coins on Kirby Super Star for your Wii U if you don't have it on there already. Even if you own a copy buy it again. I have it like, 4 times and I don't care. It's a perfect game.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
I would like to inform all that the corneria glitch works with mii gunner's absorbin vortex down-B as well.

Mii Gunner is best mii.

I dunno man. Swordfighter's Counter and spinning sword slash are super powerful.
We need to have a mii battle one day. My gunner vs your swordfighter. And maybe someone with a brawler thrown in there too.

New PM alt revealed today

zB5NOql.png

I actively dislike this new Project M alt. Cause Sonic has so many actual costumes, and yet they're giving him this? And it breaks the whole "No representing franchises not featured in Brawl vanilla".

Like, for JSR fans, it's pretty cool. For Sonic fans, it's not.