• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

zlCfzSmf4Dk-LNUB_q

"Pic of the day. In Stage Builder, you can draw lines on your Wii U GamePad to create stages!! It might not be the easiest stage to battle on, but you can even make stages like this one."

Silly Sakurai, Kirby and Waddle Dee aren't Halloween related! =P

Anyone who doesn't have a dick stage just isn't using the new Wii U stage builder properly.

Apparently the EU release got pushed forward from December to Nov. 28!

Good news for them, it's only a week after Smash 4, just like we got HW a week after them. Now we're even. Can we go back to worldwide releases now?

Speaking of, what's the first thing everyone is going to do when they boot up the game? I honestly think I'm going to see every Palutena conversation.

That's a good question, actually.
I guess play online, haven't had the chance to really do that with the 3DS version.
Maybe look at all the Palutena codecs, or at least the ones for my favorite characters.

I've been loving For Glory 1 v 1, it's like one of my favorite online modes in any game. I might do that after.

Or, but first unlock the stages/remaining characters.

But yeah - Palutena Codecs. I need this in my soul.

For Smash 3D, my first order of business is an all LV 9 CPU FFA between Mario, Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man on Battlefield

For Smash U, same thing but replace the 3rd Parties with the 7 other OG 8 members in 8-P mode

The first thing I did for the 3DS version is unlock all the characters Melee-style. I might do the alternative methods like play Classic Mode with certain characters for the Wii U version.

Afterwards, PALUTENA CODECS.

So, I may have a bit of a problem.
I have a local I'm going to in less than 24 hours, and, while practicing, I remembered just how bad Roy was.
Like, there's one top-tier match-up I don't need to fear, but other than that I'm screwed.
I am stressing pretty hard about this right now (and on Halloween, no less), and I really need to stop doing that pretty fast if I'm going to do things today or tomorrow.
Anybody have some tips on how to reduce stress here? Because I really need that, fast.

show people your butt and see how it affects their performance

I have a pocket Jiggs for emergency space animal removal, but I know literally no other top tiers, and I don't exactly see myself wave-shining dudes by the end of the day, if you catch my drift.

I don't exactly see myself wave-shining dudes by the end of the day, if you catch my drift.
listen man sometimes you just need to drop your pants and unnerve people to win

Pick Jigglypuff and then win by default.

listen man sometimes you just need to drop your pants and unnerve people to win

So the best way to win in a tourney is to be banned from the state, permanently?
I like the way you think.

Believe in the me that believes in you by learning everything there is to know about Ness before you leave.

That's all you need baby.

And pick yellow + black Ness. That like, triples your knowledge and chances by default.

I would also consider beating Earthbound.

I've done the third one, and I wasn't aware that there are non-bumblebee Ness colours, so I think I probably have that one down. Does he have a good MU vs Marth? 'cause that's all I really need to know.

Be patient and play 120% safe, he can out-space you. It's honestly a really shitty matchup.

Apparently the EU release got pushed forward from December to Nov. 28!

Good news for them, it's only a week after Smash 4, just like we got HW a week after them. Now we're even. Can we go back to worldwide releases now?

Speaking of, what's the first thing everyone is going to do when they boot up the game? I honestly think I'm going to see every Palutena conversation.

Chances are good that someone's probably going to break street date and upload those to YouTube so I'll try watching them there.

Probably same thing I did first when Brawl came out: set up the My Music settings to every stage.

Reactions: Lexeous
Be patient and play 120% safe, he can out-space you. It's honestly a really shitty matchup.
Well, there goes that. Marth is the only MU that I'm really afraid of right now.
General consensus from MU charts seems to be prayer or Sheik, so let's hope that PM knowledge transfers backwards.

Well, there goes that. Marth is the only MU that I'm really afraid of right now.
General consensus from MU charts seems to be prayer or Sheik, so let's hope that PM knowledge transfers backwards.
Yeah Marth eats Ness for breakfast man. Good luck trying to recover if you're offstage. Marth's dtilt is just pure broken in that regard.

You could try smash DI into the stage as he hits with dtilt, tech jump off the stage and pk thunder from a higher vantage point. But let's be real, the only match up good against marth is arguably space animals or Shiek.

NEW IDEA: Learn Marth.

I've been trying that, but the last lingering effect of years of Roy play is that I just flat-out can NOT space with swords anymore. It's like my mind just can't comprehend the idea of a disjoint character that can actually use the disjoint. Like, I used to have a pretty competent Marth; not going to go storm EVO with it, but I was doing pretty good in locals.
But then Roy happened and I can barely do Ken combos now. It's like magic; terrible, horrifying, life-ruining magic.

Be the low-tier hero that you are, adjust that belt, and go in there with your Roy, and your pride. That's the last bit of advice I can give.

But let's be real, the only match up good against marth is arguably space animals or Shiek.
Jigglypuff though.
Main Jigglypuff.

Jiggz is actually pretty bad against Marth.

So you know that Canada-only Smash Club thing?

I'm going to it today. Meaning I might be able to play the Wii U version again. I'll record it, if I can.

edit: Here's the rules. Interesting ones, defs not like a real "Smash Tourney"

nint648-ssc-fb-club_rules-post-960.jpg

Last edited:
Smash balls only.

Goodness... Definitely not a real tourney

But how the heck is "Smash balls only" leveling the playing field when some FSes are absolutely awful or all too powerful.