• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

I really wish Sakurai would just tell us the name of that stage already.

Clearly he's waiting for Ruin's husbando to be revealed, then he'll say the name of the stage.

Reactions: Lavama
Is Ruin's husbando Wonder Red

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
I do like how the obviously Punch-Out stage has some stage gimmick with the ropes.
Looks fucking awesome.

Also people on Smash Boards think it'll be called the Smash Circuit

Sweet, ropes do stuff. I hope you can approach it from the side still though. Like, if you run into it, it stretches like a rubber band, and when you stop, it launches you. Can you imagine doing a strong side attack and sending the opponent into the ropes, only for them to fly back and you Up-Smash them? It'd be awesome!

I play Castlevania HD a lot when waiting on Sakurai to post. Then I realize he waits until like two hours after my midnight. So I head on to bed then.

;-; Wait, wouldn't that be two hours after Noon Goodbye?

Anyway, let's see...
What could tomorrow and the day after's updates?
Surely that Boxing Ring couldn't be shown prominently for a King Dedede reveal, that shit's just nuts!

i have no idea what you're even talking aboot
When I posted that we were still eight pages back I think. Or a lot of posts were posted between the time I posted that.

Anyway, let's see...
Surely that Boxing Ring couldn't be shown prominently for a King Dedede reveal, that shit's just nuts!

Tonight: Something stupid
Friday: Something interesting
Monday: Show us the D ... DD

Reactions: Lavama
I think getting revealed 3 charcaters in rather quick succession is a bit of a stretch to be honest. I've already have one princess take another's spotlight, I don't eed yet another princess to take THAT princess's spotlight.

it's not hard for a princess to share a spotlight with a penguin

Princess*

But it kind of is.

daily.jpg

Shy Guys are back again as a stage hazard!

Last edited:
There goes my hopes of having a playable Shy Guy...

I thought he at least was going to be an assist trophy. The bullet bill special he has in Mario Strikers Charged is the most badass thing I've ever seen.

EDIT:

I already heard complaints about how both the Shy Guy and Conductor Link in the New Hyrule stage look like "Something out of a DS game".

Lawdy lawd can we stop this obsession with graphics? You're not going to be paying attention to Poly-Count in a Smash Bros fight.

Anyway, let's see...

No if it were Dedede's stage, it would be made much more obvious. (As in, we'd be seeing rows full of Waddle Dees as the audience and Dedede's face would be pasted everywhere) The only people it can belong to are Little Mac or a character from Pro Wrestling. Otherwise, it's just a generic stage that doesn't belong to anyone.

Yeah, I'm still expecting an Epic Yarn stage. It's not Dedede's at all, however, I can see it being used in a trailer for him as a homage, at least. Have him Super Jump and Inhale Kirby, like the original fight.

I think that, while Epic Yarn's art assets are superior, a Return to Dreamland stage would be a bit more fitting. Maybe something like Halcandra or Another Dimension.

And something from Super Star for 3DS
maybe the Halberd Interior with some HEAVY LOBSTER representation

i hope my hopes are true and they buffed Minion Toss

Computer Virus would be an amazing assist trophy, especially if he also takes enemies from other games.

"Goomba runs towards you! It does 1 points of damage!"

"Porky appeared! Porky did something...!"

"Buzz Bomber appeared! It rushes at the player!"

"Sniper Joe appeared! Sniper Joe is hiding behind his shield."

"Wild Meowth appeared! Wild Meowth used Pay Day! Money scattered everywhere!" (Coin Brawl just got crazier)

why would a move upgrade be DLC
that's just silly, Jutsei
you're silly

I wish the normal stage were on the ground so we can have hazards like spiders and scorpions
and BEES if they aren't already Villager's final smash (and they better be)