• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Wonderful Crismon Annie

Reactions: DDB
it's not like anyone really expected them to be removed
i just they look better than brawl's did with the "just transplant models from the games" thing

There's a confirmed assist trophy and you guys had doubts that normal trophies wouldn't make it back? Come on now.

We didn't know that there'd be different trophies depending on the game.
Which is super hype for people that love collecting all the trophies and just looking at them.
Like me

there goes my hopes of getting some metroid trophies.
At least the Fire emblem ones will be mine (want a lyn one)

5XlwbA3.gif

We didn't know that there'd be different trophies depending on the game.
Which is super hype for people that love collecting all the trophies and just looking at them.
Like me

Yay.

Is it just me, or was this all part of Nintendo's master plan for market domination? Poorly market a next gen console, have it kind of flop around a little bit as it tries to get some decent titles for it, then comes out with a game that has 2 different versions for 2 different systems with the only differences being stages and collectibles that more radical fans of Nintendo or smash would be forced to buy both systems and games for it because OCD and Nintendo makes more bank the they have ever had ever.

Master plan.

Reactions: Lavama
Yay.

Is it just me, or was this all part of Nintendo's master plan for market domination? Poorly market a next gen console, have it kind of flop around a little bit as it tries to get some decent titles for it, then comes out with a game that has 2 different versions for 2 different systems with the only differences being stages and collectibles that more radical fans of Nintendo or smash would be forced to buy both systems and games for it because OCD and Nintendo makes more bank the they have ever had ever.

Master plan.
Or maybe their plan was waiting to unleash like 10 great games in the same yearfor said flopping console.
Mario Kart alone and Hyrule Warriors will sell many Wii Us

Yay.

Master plan.
Smells like Pokemon.

Man, I wonder what Megaman trophies we'll get.
Classic, Megaman X & Legends on Wii U, Battle Network & Megaman Zero (With classic, more gameboy exclusive characters) on 3DS?

Side tilt with some fancy visual effects :P

Zelda definitely looks angrier this time around.

Looks like her moveset is definitely getting changed up a bit.
Things don't look too good for Shiek...

Nah.
0hwKW.gif

Doesn't mean her moveset isn't getting some changes. I'd be surprised if every character doesn't receive a bunch of changes for their moves.

I kinda want her specials to change. Maybe not her Side-Special, but def her neutral special and maybe her up special.

I wouldn't mind Zelda getting some changes
she needs some more tools and advantages tbh

I kinda want her to get the Light Arrows as a regular attack instead of a Final Smash. Giving her a fast, screen long projectile would be cool. Though it would need some different properties from Link or Pit... maybe ricochets off walls?

Only problem is that what would become her Final Smash then?

obviously her final smash would be HIEROFANTO GURIN

OOyLUl6.png

iH2APjQ.png

One of my friends says that this stage is terrible because "The reflection screws with perception and makes it unfair for characters who are not as back-forward similar like Bowser and Pikachu"

He was serious too.

Thoughts, or is he just an idiot?

he's a butt

the reflection looks great for shenans

I can't wait until someone would end up finding a glitch to make the reflections not reflect the people correctly.

Reactions: juju_for_president
That stage looks great, he's just salty because it's a push-off stage.
Anyway, super hyped for character changes if they are happening.
I mean Bowser's changes alone will be worth the price of admission.
I'm curious to see how he'll change up some other characters too.
And I swear to God if Luigi doesn't get any Mansion moves or references I'm gonna be...
Super fine with that because admittedly it is probably difficult to fit into his moveset

If Mario has to get stuck with FLUDD, shove Poltergust on Luigi.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Naaaaah. Shove that poltergust on Luigi's back.

I dunno, I still want some Luigi's Mansion representation.
...Huh.
I just realized Wii U will probably still have Luigi's Mansion, and 3DS will probably have the Treacherous Mansion

I wouldn't mind Luigi using the Poltergust for a move with a literal vacuum effect. Have him able to aim it high at an angle, straight in front of him, or downwards at an angle.

But don't we want Mario Cyclone to live on with Luigi Typhoon?

No I want it to replace his Up Special and have more Mario Galaxy influence to it. Unfortunately not only is that not happening, since he was shown to still have his Jump Punch, it was very unlikely to since Rosalina seems to be the big Mario Galaxy representation.

One of my friends says that this stage is terrible because "The reflection screws with perception and makes it unfair for characters who are not as back-forward similar like Bowser and Pikachu"

He was serious too.

Thoughts, or is he just an idiot?

Idiot. I can think of more valid reasons to hate it. (Not that I do)

Reactions: Jutsei
I can't wait until someone would end up finding a glitch to make the reflections not reflect the people correctly.

I don't know if that can even happen if it's just a reflective texture.

I wait until midnight myself, as that's when Sakurai uploads it for my time. It's only 2 and a half hours away at this point, I can do it.

Grab a coffee, edit some videos, watch some Game Grumps, and the time flies.