• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

And BEEEEEEEEEEEES has to be an item if anything.
I don't see you thinking of any better ideas, pillypal
plus BEES are iconic to Animal Crossing

Wait.
Since Sakurai has said Villager's all about collecting things, what if his Final Smash was emptying his pockets of something deadly, like a bunch of fireworks or bombs or something.

he throws a beehive you dumb butt
then the FS ends with him catching one and dispersing the swarm

also fireworks are his Up Smash too so those are out

So I'm playing the new ChibiRobo game on 3DS (great one, btw) when I met this robot guy in a box. Geotron X was his name. But on the box was... this symbol.

SSBB_Logo_J.png

(the X)

Know what that is? The Japanese logo for Brawl.
On his box.

Chibirobo confirmed.

Ehhhhhh, Chibi Robo's nothing special.

Reactions: Smilax
I think he's pretty special. The game was kind of endearing, and he's a very endearing character. He has weapons and fighting experience too. And with the new game out, I don't think its too much to say he's at least a contender.

Reactions: Jutsei
Oh well.
Chibi Robo had to have at least been on Sakurai's consideration list, right?

Also just for the record, allegedly, before Brawl was close to completion, Miyamoto suggested Muddy Mole from a game he made in the early 90s be in the game.
It was sadly too late at that point.
But...who knows?
Again, the snipping of SSE and storymode means we get the usual Singleplayer Goodies.
And maybe even more without it hogging resources and space.

People were actually right on their Dedede reveal predictions? Sakurai you're not trolling enough.

People were actually right on their Dedede reveal predictions? Sakurai you're not trolling enough.
Considering Dedede is voiced by Sakurai and is kinda his favorite thing ever, I didn't think he'd troll with him.

Now, Pokemon, Fire Emblem and Mother? That's when he's Maximum OverTroll

Guys.
Guys.
Look at his pictures.
Not a single Waddle Dee in there.
Bandanna Dee is safe for another day.

Look at this. Look at all this dissapointment you're setting yourself up for.

His Up B was Shown, his Down B was shown.
But not his Side B.

Also, probably getting Diddy Kong or Dixie Kong or King K Rool next month.
Due to Tropical Freeze.

Also, that's the last time I read youtube comments about Smash Bros 4.
People legitimately think Smash Bros 4 will have a smaller roster than Brawl?
I'm laughing at that ridiculous concept.
Ok, sure.
Super Smash Bros Brawl had 8 or 9-ish gigs on Wii, that's good. And 2.8 something gigs of it was from SSE (Which is gone), and all the stickers and music probbaly took up more.
Since SSE is gone, there's no need for stickers, cutscenes, and all those extra levels.
No matter how you look at it, there's going to be a lot of space left to fill with extra shit.

And on top of that, the 3DS Cartridge can hold up to 8 or so gigs.
Sakurai can manage, and probably add more new characters and removing some.

But yeah, went on a mini-ramble there. But seriously, SSB 4 having less characters than Brawl is absurd.

Last edited:
His Up B was Shown, his Down B was shown.
But not his Side B.

Also, probably getting Diddy Kong or Dixie Kong or King K Rool next month.
Due to Tropical Freeze.

Also, that's the last time I read youtube comments about Smash Bros 4.
People legitimately think Smash Bros 4 will have a smaller roster than Brawl?
I'm laughing at that ridiculous concept.
Ok, sure.
Super Smash Bros Brawl had 8 or 9-ish gigs on Wii, that's good. And 2.8 something gigs of it was from SSE (Which is gone), and all the stickers and music probbaly took up more.
Since SSE is gone, there's no need for stickers, cutscenes, and all those extra levels.
No matter how you look at it, there's going to be a lot of space left to fill with extra shit.

And on top of that, the 3DS Cartridge can hold up to 8 or so gigs.
Sakurai can manage, and probably add more new characters and removing some.

But yeah, went on a mini-ramble there. But seriously, SSB 4 having less characters than Brawl is absurd.

I'm stilling 100% backing Dixie Kong as a new character. That hair oughta be enough to revolve a moveset around. I don't really see any other character fighting with their hair... That and more DK reps, it just makes a lot of sense with the release of Tropical Freeze. Not going to say it's guaranteed, but it's highly probable.

So, you brought up a thought in my head about what they're going to be using all the extra space to do. I mean, the update to the graphics isn't major, they'll have a huge amount of space left (even after the inclusion of a larger roster) so what will they devote those resources to? More music? More trophies?

Perhaps with the versatility of the Wii U Gamepad, we'll see some minigames and other kinds of side games that use the gamepad for the Wii U version. As for the 3DS version, they'd be shrunk down a bit I suppose and allowed to be played on the touch screen. But stuff like a new minigame to collect stickers, trophies maybe even a new collectible eh? Here's hoping for the wall of acheivements to make a return as well :P

i think we all want a little bit of the DDD
I've got Samus why would I want him?

I swear a lot of his expressions seem to be influenced from the Kirby anime.

Why settle for DDD when you can have DDB
i like my penguin kings to be as alliterative as possible, baby

I swear a lot of his expressions seem to be influenced from the Kirby anime.

I see it too, it is pretty cool how they did that. Especially that second picture

So, you brought up a thought in my head about what they're going to be using all the extra space to do. I mean, the update to the graphics isn't major, they'll have a huge amount of space left (even after the inclusion of a larger roster) so what will they devote those resources to? More music? More trophies?

Perhaps with the versatility of the Wii U Gamepad, we'll see some minigames and other kinds of side games that use the gamepad for the Wii U version. As for the 3DS version, they'd be shrunk down a bit I suppose and allowed to be played on the touch screen. But stuff like a new minigame to collect stickers, trophies maybe even a new collectible eh? Here's hoping for the wall of acheivements to make a return as well :P
Don't forget we''ll probably also no longer have "Legacy Games"
Even more space to use.
All I'm saying is that we're definitely gonna get a lot of goodies to replace the resource hog that was SSE.
Though sadly I don't think we'll get that amount of music again.
I think we got that sheer amount of music because they needed to pad out all the levels SSE.
Oh, and speaking of.
Those levels probaly took up time too, and the enemy models.
Seriously, you never realize how much space and time SSE took up from Brawl's development until you stop and think about it

Expect Yoshi to be announced in March since his new 3DS game is set for that month.

Reactions: juju_for_president
Expect Yoshi to be announced in March since his new 3DS game is set for that month.
Well, bam.
There we go.

People are clamoring for Kamek for a second Yoshi rep but I'm pretty sure it'll only be Yoshi.
Also just for the record, Birdo was never in a Yoshi game.
So that's out.