• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Uh,
someone on another forum said that the comment under the question mark space says "other characters are still to join the battle!"

I don't know how true that is, but if it is, then it's pretty much a disclaimer that says this isn't the final roster.

Oh my fucking God guys.
Let's get back on topic.
You know, like about that SSB 4 show in Japan tomorrow.
It'll probably be nothing but who knows

I'm more interested in if we're getting a newcomer on Monday.

Uh,
someone on another forum said that the comment under the question mark space says "other characters are still to join the battle!"

I don't know how true that is, but if it is, then it's pretty much a disclaimer that says this isn't the final roster.

Well obviously it's not the final roster. It doesn't have Shulk in it yet.

Anyway, if there is new information from that show (Which is doubtful), we'll know today.

It's already the 30th in Japan, so the event is over. No new info :(

Well, didn't expect much anyway.
I had a feeling it was nothing anyway

That darn flyer though, gettin mah hopes up

There's a rumor that Kalas has been seen as an assist trophy, but much like Chunky Kong there's no proof

art_batenKaitos-Kalas.jpg

Reactions: musica
"Pic of the day. Here's a Poppant, an enemy that appeared in the previous game in this series. Poppants will appear in Smash Run, scampering around as they drop a variety of items."
zlCfzSG6_nczmqwKS4.jpg

Reactions: musica and Hemijack
There was also:

"There are other bonus characters that appear in this game too. Here's an Iridescent Glint Beetle from the Pikmin series. Keep hitting it! Keep hitting it for gold!!"

zlCfzSG6-3cirgLT6v

Yay for Pikmin enemies, my favorite kind of Nintendo enemies. I hope the Quaggled Mireclops makes an appearance in the Garden of Hope stage on Wii U.

No June veteran. :(

Okay then, next priority: WILL NINTENDO PULL A SUPRISE AT EVO?

There was also:

Yay for Pikmin enemies, my favorite kind of Nintendo enemies. I hope the Quaggled Mireclops makes an appearance in the Garden of Hope stage on Wii U.

Pikmin enemies are the best dude! I think so far only the bulborb and glint beetle are confirmed for smash run but I want to see them all!

except SNAGRETS, they can go to hell

Last edited:
Snagrets and Male Sheargrubs can die in a fire. But I love all other Pikmin enemies, especially Pyroclasmic Slooches and Nectarous Dandleflies in 3, they're simply beautiful and their names are fun to say.

But I digress, hell will freeze over before Sakurai reveals something for Evo.

Reactions: Skullmageddon
Probably not worth anything in the context of Smash Bros., but interesting and pretty cool nevertheless:

Nintendo's Facebook said:
Awesome robots never go out of style, right R.O.B.?

10433199_656113194473137_934862720740588541_n.jpg

Apparently, it was also on their Instagram. Still, don't no one get hype just yet (even if I would love for ROB to come back.)

Last edited:
When's my Waterwraith boss?

I haven't played Pikmin 3 yet (no Wii U), but apparently a new wraith-type enemy is the final boss. I would be fine with that instead.

Reactions: Skullmageddon
Yeah but don't worry it's stupid

Fuck Louie, that conniving little butt muncher. I say let the Waterwraith have 'em.

#waterwraithforsmash

Another ::yawn:: type update. I think we need more veteran reveals and stages fast. We've only got like two months before the 3DS version hits Japan.

we all got like
5 newcomer reveals at once
there's a cooldown with these kinds of things
I do think we'll get another veteran reveal soon though (I'm hoping for Lucas so people will shut up)

I'm thinking... Ice Climbers next. It feels like their time.

Reactions: musica
And I want Annie for Skullgirls but we ain't seein' that for a while are we

I'd continue this discussion but I don't want to get banned. Let's talk about Smash.

who's playing Melee at EVO besides me, I want to know if my chances of scrubbing my way out of pools is at all possible.

i mostly just want the reveals that will shut people up

Not even all the reveals in the world could do that :P

Because every forum needs one of these.

I really hope Ridley ends up being a playable character rather than a stage hazard. ;_;
To be honest. For me, it feels like Ridley is meant to be a boss only character. That's just what I feel. But it would be pretty cool to play as him...or her. I don't really know what gender Ridley is. I think Ridley is just a it.

To be honest. For me, it feels like Ridley is meant to be a boss only character. That's just what I feel. But it would be pretty cool to play as him...or her. I don't really know what gender Ridley is. I think Ridley is just a it.

Ridley is confirmed to be male.

Let's not start this.
We'll see in about 2-3 months when it comes out in September.
I'm just hoping all of us will have self control and not spoil the roster.
That will be the first thing I do. But I'll be respectful enough to put it in spoilers for you :)