• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

so anyone want to explain why an alt costume is taking up their own spot
is smash bros suddenly tekken

Now we know why they got Namco to work on it!

screen-1.jpg

Why is she taking a selfie

It's also worth pointing out the Lucina's big title card got a ?! instead of a !.
Which might mean something.

So including Game and Watch (because come on) and the three distinct Mii Fighter characters, we've now equaled Brawl's total roster size: 39 characters. Crazy stuff.

I'm seeing a lot of salt from people who haven't played Fire Emblem before

More like haven't lived life before am I right

If Nintendo is trying to get people who play their games to play more of their games, Smash is the time-tested way to do it.

But seriously if friggin RAYMAN is in the game can I at least get Jack Frost or Klonoa as an assist trophy too? God damn.

First I said I'd only accept Miis if they were customizable characters then I said Robin would be a much more viable choice for a playable Fire Emblem Awakening character instead of Chrom.

Sakurai are you reading my mind? In that case, PUTINSHULKKROOLANDMEWTWO!

Not big on Lucina as a Marth clone. I mean, that's just unnecessary.

I'm seeing a lot of salt from people who haven't played Fire Emblem before

More like haven't lived life before am I right

It's even better when people complain about the amount of reps Fire Emblem has, yet there's so many Mario and Pokemon characters

OK, from what I gathered from Robin's moveset, it looks like the sword and certain normals change depending on which tome is equipped, but FE's weapon decay comes in to play with Robin having limited uses before tossing the tome (probably set by how many specials are used with each tome.) Lightning Magic gives Robin strong, slow hits, Wind Magic is for multi hits and makes the Neutral A a hold A, Dark Magic comes with a vampire drain from the Nosferatu spell, and Fire Magic is the basic loadout.

It's a pretty major Alt Costume, different intro, different voice, majorly different outfit.
I think it's because she's a different character, that's why. She's the only "alt" that truly does that. Wii Fit Trainer is androgynous, so it can be applied to either gender of trainer, so is Villager.

Although this does raise the question, who else could join by this method? Louie? ...Uh...that's all I can think of, actually.

but why is there a rythm heaven enemy in smash run..

but why is there a rythm heaven enemy in smash run..

The Chorus Men could still happen.

It's simply that the Gematsu Leak wasn't real, which is really surprising.

Also, this is going to sound really, really pedantic, but the way you use two periods bothers me.

"." is a period, an end of a sentence. "..." is an ellipses, which denotes tone or "more information".

".." is nothing in the English language and as an English Major it drives me insane.

Welp..sorry..for offending..your delicate..sensitivities..I'll try. not. to improperly use. punctuation. ever.. again.

Funny story I was actually a grad level english student for a while, and honestly I couldn't give the slightest of fucks.

It's even better when people complain about the amount of reps Fire Emblem has, yet there's so many Mario and Pokemon characters

I mean, nothing against Fire Emblem or anything, I have nothing against there being 4 reps for it,
but I think Mario and Pokemon might be slightly more important to Nintendo than FE.
Just saying.

Honestly, I thought the gematsu leak became fishy the moment it told Shulk would be today's reveal. I mean, how can someone have detailed information as reveal schedule but not know about Rosalina or WHICH pokémon from X/Y (it's important to point out that "A pokémon from X/Y" is not even an educated guess, it's a CERTAINTY)?

At this point, we can safely assume that this leak is, at best, based on somewhat limited information combined with educated guesses and possibly some flat-out lies (like the Shulk reveal bluff). So gematsu leak may not be dead, but it's definitely not very reliable anymore ("chorus men" might actually be marshall, just an assist trophy, or nothing at all).

Also, WE HAVE ROBIN AND LUCINA INSTEAD OF CHROM, THANK GOD! I'm fine with whatever comes next, honestly.

Also, this is going to sound really, really pedantic, but the way you use two periods bothers me.

"." is a period, an end of a sentence. "..." is an ellipses, which denotes tone or "more information".

".." is nothing in the English language and as an English Major it drives me insane.

Using three points as an ellipses, what a scrub. That's what ALT + 0133 is for.
(Sorry.)

"As I'm sure most of ya know, the leaker e-mailed me last night teasing Shulk.

He also e-mailed me again this morning saying Nintendo keeps a lot secret from Bandai

Namco, and that Sakurai may change his mind as he does all the time, but that Shulk

was 100%.

A quote: "I only know what has been done, not what or when they will be made

available. Sakurai may change his mind, and he does all the time. Shulk will not be

changed."

I've e-mailed him about the lack of Shulk, as well as the whole Chrom being a Final

Smash thing. I'll update if I get a response.

Still finding it hard to believe. 8 for 11 is no easy task. I wonder what he has to say."

A little update there. I'm leaning towards out of date information combined with Sakarai being purposefully unpredictable. So it's obviously not 100%, but 3ds version and whatever reveals we get might resolve some things...finally.

Ya know. I think that replacing Chrom with Lucina and Robin in the existing speculative roster makes for a more interesting selection overall. Not to mention stuff like Dark Pitt.

This is going to sound really, really pedantic, but the way *lengthy farting noise*.

Yeah, Dark Pit as a costume/alt/thing similar to Lucina seems like a given.

Then again, no one can predict Sakurai.

FUCKING RAYMAN THOUGH I'M STILL IN SHOCK FROM THAT

Yeah, Dark Pit as a costume/alt/thing similar to Lucina seems like a given.

Then again, no one can predict Sakurai.

FUCKING RAYMAN THOUGH I'M STILL IN SHOCK FROM THAT
I decided to check TVtrope's Awesome page, and RAyman's trophy was listed there, and the fact it was revealed casually was listed as a Mind Screw.

I mean dude has a history of overreacting to spoilers. Those quotes from development about why we won't get a subspace emissary equivalent. It's totally the internet's fault for making youtube videos.

Or like the old eye in the panties.

Well like laying out what the person got right the entire first gematsu leak got all 6 characters right. Pacman, Mii, Lil Mac, Villager, Megaman, and Wii fit. That is understood.

The second leak is a little more flakey. Palutena was announced and technically a pokemon from x or y, but not chrom, shulk, or the chorus men.

Rosalina was also missed entirely. So up to this point we were at 90% correct in terms of characters which took a hit to roughly 70 in a single day...not to mention the leaker missing the day entirely. However, the leaker saying x will appear now and being wrong is a precedent within the leak. All 6 of the initial characters were supposedly originally going to be at last years E3. At this years he basically stated the same thing but with the information from the second leak.

With the Ghost Rythmn heavan enemy and his accuracy before this point. I think it's fair to see that his information is outdated rather than outright wrong. Or he's a troll with actual information. Which happens from time to time. So while this leak isn't gospel it should at least be kept in the back of peoples heads going into October.

But the conclusion from all this is that even with all the information we have there will always be surprises in smash bros.

That trailer gave me everything I wanted and more.

Playable Lucina? Check
The return of Captain Falcon? Check
Playable Robin? Check
Female Robin alt? Check
Chrom deconfirmed? Check
Leak has become outdated? Triple Check

screen-4.jpg

Does Captain Falcon look like he has some asian in him now to anyone else? It would be pretty cool if he did.

Reactions: Rellek