• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

No new unlock from classic after Falco, Ness, Dark Pit

omg the Crazy Hand and Master Hand fight

038d54157b.png

Streamers keep losing smh

Edit: Holy fuck those Crazy Hand buffs.

038d54157b.png

Streamers keep losing smh
Christ, no... oh well, I'd better get over it because I'll probably end up using these guys. Here's hoping they play like the Ice Climbers

4eccb3a21f.jpg

4eccb3a21f.jpg
Damn, that dog looks so adorable...

btUxGqG.png

Everything Mother-related has made me squee like a girl. Magicant is gorgeous, and its theme makes my ears melt.

Ness's PSI Magnet got buffed by the looks of it, neato. I also like the new VO.

Not sure what to say about Dark Pit, he just looks like Brawl Pit.

Falco looks like Falco.

Final Destination's theme in this game is the best FD theme in the series.

MASTER HAND AND CRAZY HAND BROFIST. GOD DAMN.

Duck Hunt dog looks like the Nintendo-equivalent to Pac-Man. AKA just a homage to everything 8-bit Nintendo.

Character select theme is really badass.

Reactions: Lavama
Remember when Sakurai said that "other bosses" could appear at Final Destination in Classic Mode? Well...he wasn't referring to Crazy Hand.

Someone in the comments said "Micheal Vick confirmed" and I started laughing harder than I should have.

Remember when Sakurai said that "other bosses" could appear at Final Destination in Classic Mode? Well...he wasn't referring to Crazy Hand.
I don't know if this should spoiler'd or whatever but... maybe Tabboo?

I don't know if this should spoiler'd or whatever but... maybe Tabboo?

Spoilering that would be like having to spoiler someone saying "there are secret characters in the game".

Spoilering that would be like having to spoiler someone saying "there are secret characters in the game".
Okay, so I can unspoil it?

00b85c642c7a0987da881432ae67e6da.gif

Reactions: TailsWorld1
CV85JBf.png
Also Flat Zone 2, which I don't think was in the ESRB leak?

KgscJBT.png

As usual the streamer loses

ibOti3k.png

Tornado confirmed

The trend seems to be, beat Classic with a character closely related to them to unlock them. Falco, Ness, and Dark Pit excluded and are just from doing Classic the first 3 times I guess. DHD seems to be gotten for beating Classic 10 times.
Examples:
DHD Classic>Game&Watch
Link Classic>Ganondorf
Mario Classic>Doc
Now he's trying Marth Classic for Lucina, and I don't think it's too farfetched to guess that Bowser Classic might unlock Bowser Jr.

5FDTrnJ.png

wsUDmZH.png

Beat Classic with Marth

Last edited:
Guys.

Guys.

I have found an IRL picture of Jutsei
leaky.jpg

More seriously, I don't know how I feel now.

Reactions: Jutsei and Cawtime
So we got a better look at the Master Core, which seems to have three phases.

-The creepy swarm.
-A copy of the character you're playing as.
-The core itself exposed, which you just beat on.

The music was very eerie, really digging everything about the boss.

Edit: And now that we've seen someone spend 45 minutes on the thing, it has 5 phases, including a guy and a hellhound thing. IT LIFTS THE ENTIRE STAGE. SHIT'S NUTS.

Last edited:
So we got a better look at the Master Core, which seems to have three phases.

-The creepy swarm.
-A copy of the character you're playing as.
-The core itself exposed, which you just beat on.

The music was very eerie, really digging everything about the boss.
Make that 5 phases

Is Pyrosphere not an already unlocked stage? I mean, we shoul have confirmed if Ridley is a boss if someone selected that stage.

Is Pyrosphere not an already unlocked stage? I mean, we shoul have confirmed if Ridley is a boss if someone selected that stage.

Pyrosphere is a Wii U-only stage

Well shit, now I don't even feel like I need to buy the game. It's my own fault though.
WARIO HYPE

Man

Why do BOTH of the Twitch streamers suck absolute shit at this game

Up-B spam is never a viable tactic with any character

Gema is ok at the game.

Slight stage spoilers I guess...
I want Magicant to be tournament viable, the layout is cool. But the flying man =( He ruined my dreams.

OK, I can't stay up any longer. If you guys could keep compiling all the info in spoiler tags, that would be rockin'.

So I saw a video of Dark Pit.

I mean really? There's practically isn't move variation. He doesn't have his staff as a special, it's just a different colored bow. He seemed to be exactly the same as Pit. Like if I didn't know any better I'd say that I was just facing off against a Pit with a dark palette.

Last edited:
So I saw a video of Dark Pit.

I mean really? There's practically isn't move variation. He doesn't have his staff as a special, it's just a different colored bow. He seemed to be exactly the same as Pit. Like if I didn't know any better I'd say that I was just facing off against a Pit with a dark palette.
Um, Putting the character's name on the spoiler tag isn't really spoil tagging it. :P

I think his side special and Final Smash are different, but yeah,
straight up clone.

Falco's final smash is still Landmaster.

Thanks Masterchief Sakuraba

sayonara wolf
dROyqib.jpg

FUUUUUUUUUUUCK!
BxOf9w4CUAAsPTI.jpg:large

That should be Wolf's spot you cheap asshole!

I think his side special and Final Smash are different, but yeah,
straight up clone.

Seriously? Goddamnit Sakurai you had all those weapons you made in Uprising and you don't do shit with them for either Pit OR Dark Pit? That pisses me off. And that was the whole reason I was excited for Dark Pit too!