• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

10410300_716677251714249_5692150100378554249_n.jpg

Speaking of Fire Emblem...

zlCfzSdK4fELbLcjHV

"Pic of the day. Well, I'd better post some pictures from the Wii U version once in a while, right? We've brought back the Castle Siege stage from Fire Emblem!"

zlCfzSdK4lwvLIPwt0

"Most of the games in the Fire Emblem series have a different unique setting and have fields without much height, so it was hard to narrow down what venues to focus on. Castle Siege and Colosseum are two stages that aren't exclusive to specific games in the franchise."

All I need is Power Hungry Fool and the Shadow Dragon Medley back for music and this will automatically be my favorite retro stage. I need my organ and electronic-mixed FD music, dammit!

See this gives me more hope that Kirby might have a new stage in addition to the Halberd. BTW, that orchestral Fire Emblem Theme from Brawl better be in this or riot.

Oh hey I love that stage. Awesome.

And yeah, I'm expecting a new stage for every character in the Wii U version (Magicant I sort of feel like might be a stage in both though) simply cause there is room and more dev time.

Okay.

Yes, new smash is awesome. Quickly adjusted to the new grab,everything feels GREAT.

Mega Man is awesome, Feelager... I don't know, I don't like him.

Oh yeah.
Worth mentioning that the eShop demo, not the Club Nintendo demo, has 30 uses.
Not 30 matches, but 30 times you can open the demo.
So I suggest lots of sleep mode and never letting your 3DS die.

I tried the demo today. I felt a little awkward with Mega Man's Standard (since I was used to the standard physical hit), but I still had some good fun with him. The others play nice as well. The controls were good as well, if a bit strange at first.

everyone confirmed Lucario clone
That's pretty cool. It just gives you a little edge for surviving at high %, but nothing too much. Just watch though, somebody will compare this to X-Factor. Heck, there is probably somebody out there on Smash Boards/SRK/EHubs that has already done so.

#Platinumswag
#Platinummad
#Unlimiteduses
#Freegames
#JoinClubNintendotodayMac
#ItWasMyBday
#BDaySwag
#ImAlsoAClubNintendoMember
#GonnaEnjoyThatSmashSoundtrackDiskYo

Played the new demo and I'm very much liking the physics! Like wow. It doesn't feel as floaty as Brawl but isn't as damn clunky as Melee. I'm super psyched about the ledge mechanic making it literally impossible to edgehog someone. Super cool.

The only issue I have with it is that I'm a native Gamecube controller user... and the shoulder buttons are the OPPOSITE of what I have been used to for nearly a decade. I just can't rewire myself to overcoming this. I feel that I'll just be grabbing incoming smash attacks/projectiles and shielding against a helpless opponent in front of me for a while... The Wii U version can't come soon enough...

Played the new demo and I'm very much liking the physics! Like wow. It doesn't feel as floaty as Brawl but isn't as damn clunky as Melee. I'm super psyched about the ledge mechanic making it literally impossible to edgehog someone. Super cool.

The only issue I have with it is that I'm a native Gamecube controller user... and the shoulder buttons are the OPPOSITE of what I have been used to for nearly a decade. I just can't rewire myself to overcoming this. I feel that I'll just be grabbing incoming smash attacks/projectiles and shielding against a helpless opponent in front of me for a while... The Wii U version can't come soon enough...

You know the controls are completely customizable (at least in the full version) so you can always change it back when you get the actual game.

Have two hours to kill? Watch these three entertaining nerds go through the entire Smash series in anticipation for Smash 4.

You know the controls are completely customizable (at least in the full version) so you can always change it back when you get the actual game.
This is true. Though, the Wii U version is still more anticipated by me. I really jerk around the controller when I play, so having the screen also on the controller makes it difficult to do well lol.

everyone confirmed Lucario clone

Interesting. I like it.

Maybe you already know this, but you can't prevent the enemy from clinging to the edge by clinging yourself first anymore, i think this will make it more fair.

And everyone has better recovery this time around. It's not really "more fair", just different. Instead of knocking your opponents so far they can't recover you're gonna want to spike them/chase them offstage and make sure they're dead before they have the chance to recover.

Apparently, some characters might have legit followups to stealing the ledge from someone, so that doesn't mean you have a free pass onto the ledge. Just think of Marth quickly grabbing the ledge from you after you recover and immediately being able to dair you from getting booted off the ledge. If this ends up being true, that is.

Last edited:
They did it. They finally did it.
BWyAscK.jpg

And they will stop at nothing.

Reactions: Lexeous
That must be what true power looks like

Am I the only person that's going to create a bunch of Mii's for Smash?

I mean I got Beowulf, Squigly, Feng, Kenshiro, Proffesor Oak, and Big Band already....

JE3WQbM.png

So, I saw that in another place... But, I mean, any real evidence against? Yeah, there are trophies... But I mean, I've never seen that render of Lucas nor Wolf before.

JE3WQbM.png

So, I saw that in another place... But, I mean, any real evidence against? Yeah, there are trophies... But I mean, I've never seen that render of Lucas nor Wolf before.
It's fake...

Obviously...

That Mewtwo is from Project M

It's fake...

Obviously...

That Mewtwo is from Project M
Sorry I don't play Project M enough to recognize a Mew Two portrait.

JE3WQbM.png

That's a nice looking Lucas. The other two, not so much.

I'm sad, this game is not what I wanted... Nothing will ever be the same. NOW WE ARE NOT ABLE TO SEE PEACH'S GRANNY PANTIES! My whole childhood... I remember playing melee and watching Peach's dress just, lift. It was beautiful. Perfectly shaven and smooth legs, strong thighs. But now... there is only darkness, life has no meaning anymore.

I'm sad, this game is not what I wanted... Nothing will ever be the same. NOW WE ARE NOT ABLE TO SEE PEACH'S GRANNY PANTIES! My whole childhood... I remember playing melee and watching Peach's dress just, lift. It was beautiful. Perfectly shaven and smooth legs, strong thighs. But now... there is only darkness, life has no meaning anymore.

You can see under Palutena's skirt.

tumblr_nbq744vEme1raikxso1_500.jpg

My god, it's full of stars...
2001-space-odyssey-warp-o.gif

I've been waiting several weeks for a chance to make this joke...

Reactions: Lavama
About that Lucas/Mewtwo/Wolf thing

They have trophies in the game already

That's where the character portraits come from.

tumblr_nc5vyzFhBf1s229q4o1_400.jpg

tumblr_nc5vyzFhBf1s229q4o2_400.jpg

tumblr_nc5vyzFhBf1s229q4o3_400.jpg

tumblr_nc5vyzFhBf1s229q4o4_400.jpg

Welcome...TO THE VOID