• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Is this 1984?
I still hate him and think he's a waste of a slot. But this game is going to be around for a while so I'd better get used to it.

So here's something I just found out (forgive me if it's common knowledge, but I hadn't heard anyone say it):
Apparently Villager can pocket the power pellet at the end of Pac-Man's sideB
before he's finished laying it out.
Like it travels forward, Villager pockets it, and the move just ends leaving Pac-Man back in neutral.
You can actually hit that pellet with any character and it will cut off pacman from doing his sideb.

You can actually hit that pellet with any character and it will cut off pacman from doing his sideb.

I know that, but
he just grabs it.
No remorse in his soulless eyes, he reaches out and takes the power pellet from the end of the chain leaving poor Pac-Man with fuck all to eat.

40:30 in the video. Indescribable feelings welled up within my soul. Anger? Sadness? The urge to commit seppuku on my roof? Who knows.

God fucking damn it DSP got his cancerous mitts on SSB 4
Who?

Who?

The worst of the worst of Let's Players.

Let's just say the So Bad It's Horrible Page on TVTropes has two sections - Misc LPers, and DarkSydePhil.

Watch the video. It's easy to see why. and yet he's somehow SUPER POPULAR

I'll take your word for it.

For your viewing "pleasure"
He's about as clueless and bitchy here as he is in other videos, but it's not his worst performance. I can think of a few well-liked people on YouTube who would suck more at this game.

*cough*GameGrumps*cough*

Last edited:
zlCfzShjqXk4HEEszk

Pic of the day. Here's the Trophy Shop for the Wii U version. It operates identically to the 3DS version, but it sure has a different feel, doesn't it?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3DS trophy shop is embarassing next to the Wii U's shop.

I want this shop to exist in real life. When will Nintendo make a real life super smash bros trophy store

I'd like it if they could sell real trophies in real stores too. Maybe even make them function with the actual game somehow. If only that were a thing.

Two more secret characters are up on the site.
screen-2.jpg

This stage features Blaziken. This stage is officially my favorite stage. And it looks so good.

screen-1.jpg

Those black textures look real nice on Wii U. Where does this picture take place though?

There's a simple way to describe Dark Pit. Yeah he's cool, but I would NOT miss him at all if he didn't show up in a sequel.

Reactions: Crayolan and Φ
I just caught on to something

There's a trophy of Ganon. He's not going to make it.

Guys, I know Ganondorf's normally a Falcon clone but........ I'm so sad... (/sarcasm)

So I guess Pittoo isn't good enough to even get his own trailer, even if he did make a quick cameo in Palutena's. I mean, he is a clone, but still, everyone eats those newcomer trailers up.

For your viewing "pleasure"
As much as DSP sucks his haters can be really nitpickey.
Like, I call bowser's side B a command throw. What's wrong with that? Do I have to keep standard fighter terminology out of smash bros at all times?

So I guess Pittoo isn't good enough to even get his own trailer, even if he did make a quick cameo in Palutena's. I mean, he is a clone, but still, everyone eats those newcomer trailers up.
Neither did duck hunt dog.
But nobody loves him apparently.

102? why, 102 sounds positively
wonderful *cries softly*

*UNITE HANDING IN THE DISTANCE*

As much as DSP sucks his haters can be really nitpickey.
Like, I call bowser's side B a command throw. What's wrong with that? Do I have to keep standard fighter terminology out of smash bros at all times?

Wait,
what the fuck do other people call it?
A special move that functions as a grab dissimilar to a character's standard grab, that's a fucking command throw.

So yesterday I learned you can grab while Dashing.
That is fucking eye opening
I assume you never played a Dedede player in Brawl.

I like how Doc has the stereotypical Italian hands going on there.

If any of you are music nerds like me for video game music PLEASE do yourself a favor and download Harmony of Heroes. It's 100+ songs all from Smash Bros and a lot of them are REALLY REALLY GOOD. Some of the Zelda ones almost made me cry, and the Rainbow Road medley in this WAAAAAY beats out the one in Smash 4. It's free too.

Reactions: SkullMan
If any of you are music nerds like me for video game music PLEASE do yourself a favor and download Harmony of Heroes. It's 100+ songs all from Smash Bros and a lot of them are REALLY REALLY GOOD. Some of the Zelda ones almost made me cry, and the Rainbow Road medley in this WAAAAAY beats out the one in Smash 4. It's free too.
Thanks so much for introducing me to this. I always like to hear other people's renditions. So far, they sound great.

Reactions: Goodbye18000

He did get a trailer, it was shown at E3.

He did get a trailer, it was shown at E3.

Uhhhh no. He didn't. He was in the last few seconds of Palutena's (in anime form) and that was it. The website update is the first time they've even acknowledged him as a character, considering he's secret.

Uhhhh no. He didn't. He was in the last few seconds of Palutena's (in anime form) and that was it. The website update is the first time they've even acknowledged him as a character, considering he's secret.

I think he's being sarcastic.

http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-on-the-clone-characters-in-smash-bros-wii-u3ds/#more-175332

Sakurai: This [clone characters] is like a free dessert after a luxurious meal that was prepared free of charge. In a restaurant with this type of service, I don’t think there’s anybody who would say, “Change this to a meat dish!!”

Yet, I’m told [to do that] about Smash Bros. But, I guess since a lot of them are children, it cannot be helped.

He piggybacked onto Palutena's trailer, just like Lucina piggybacked onto Robin's trailer. The difference is people actually wanted Lucina, and she was shown at the start of the trailer, so not officially announcing her would be weird.

You missed the actually factual part

There are 3 fighters [Lucina, Dark Pit, and Doctor Mario] that are alternate models (clones) in the game. Each was originally a color variation, but during development, they were given balanced characteristics. Since their functionality had differences, forms were separated from each other. However, it was vital that this didn’t increase the required man-hours. Some relative tuning was sufficient as it wasn’t necessary to create balancing from scratch.

So yeah - they were originally Alph-like but changed a bit and given more personality. I'm a-OK with this.

Dark Pit is a free dessert? I mean, I like free dessert and all, but when it's half baked...

I think the really strange thing is I just don't understand why it was so necessary to include him. Counting the Mii Fighters as separate characters, this Smash has 51 characters. Dark Pit literally feels like the odd one out.

Dark Pit, I kinda get,
because if I understand my KI lore correctly, it wouldn't make much sense for him to use the Three Sacred Treasures an maybe the Upperdash Arm, I'm less sure about that.
I still don't get the justification of Lucina, but whatever.

Doc's the most justified of the 3, really.

Reactions: TechPowah and Φ