• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

How would chrom even be different than Marth

How would chrom even be different than Marth

Marth is a fencer, while Chrom uses his sword traditionally with the Fire Emblem as his shield. Sure they technically have the same sword (albeit differently designed) but the way they use it is totally different. Plus, unlike Marth, Chrom can class change into a whole bunch of other classes, meaning he can also use lances, bows, even magic.

Also Music of the Day

You know what would really throw everyone off?

If Sakurai decided to dig deeper and make one of the Jugdral characters playable.

Sigurd confirmed.

Reactions: Tiltyu
Some of us have suggested himn to replace Ike
Just saying, if someone were to replace Ike, wouldn't it be Priam? Since he's basically just Ike as a character in Awakening?

We don't know, we already got Marth but who else could they add from FE?
What about someone who isn't a lord for once? Like, seriously, there are about 30 good choices in every single FE game that aren't lords, pick one of them for fuck's sake.
I actually said this before, but I would kind of like the strategist to be playable as a summon character. Because it's been awkward that the lords find strength in their companions in FE, but always show up for SSB by themselves like they don't even need the rest of their army. So the strategist would have sword/magic based normals, but all of his/her specials and smashes would have one of the characters from FE Awakening come out and attack.

Just saying, if someone were to replace Ike, wouldn't it be Priam? Since he's basically just Ike as a character in Awakening?

What about someone who isn't a lord for once? Like, seriously, there are about 30 good choices in every single FE game that aren't lords, pick one of them for fuck's sake.
I actually said this before, but I would kind of like the strategist to be playable as a summon character. Because it's been awkward that the lords find strength in their companions in FE, but always show up for SSB by themselves like they don't even need the rest of their army. So the strategist would have sword/magic based normals, but all of his/her specials and smashes would have one of the characters from FE Awakening come out and attack.

I would like a heavy hitter to be the second rep. A large, sluggish, beastly, axe-wielding beauty in the form of someone similar to Titania. She was awesome but also never seen without the mount so maybe not.

I'd like to see a class changing Chrom if everything else falls through. Like down b instead of countering switches his weapon between various things. That would be fun I think... kinda.

Nephenee for SSB 4 she's a lancer and very mobile.

I never thought of strategist being assist kind of character but it makes more sense and sounds pretty cool.

I would like a heavy hitter to be the second rep. A large, sluggish, beastly, axe-wielding beauty in the form of someone similar to Titania. She was awesome but also never seen without the mount so maybe not.
There is a lord like that.

*cough*

Remember, a character has to already be IN Brawl in some form for the PM crew to put them in as a new character.

I remember there being some guy who worked on it who said they wanted to work, but deleted it after
It was Lyn from FE and Knuckles from Sonic

Reactions: MysteriousJ
if anyone from FE is in SSB4 it should be a pegasus knight

or one of the villains-with-special-classes (zephiel, alvis, lyon etc)

I'm kinda wondering why we haven't gotten a new stage for the 3DS version since the Kid Icarus stage was revealed.

250px-Space_Channel_5.PNG

*sigh* Maybe some day...

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
I'm kinda wondering why we haven't gotten a new stage for the 3DS version since the Kid Icarus stage was revealed.

I really hope there's a Sonic and a Mega Man stage for 3DS.
Like, I'd imagine Windy Hill could be used again, but for Mega Man, I'd like to see maybe a stage, like Gutsmans.
250px-Space_Channel_5.PNG

*sigh* Maybe some day...

There is no way in Miyamoto's 7 Rings of Hell Ulala is EVER getting in. She's SEGA, and even they they ignore her except for cameos occasionally.

I fuckin love Mario Party despite its "God fucking damn it" moments where your friends fuck your shit over and you have no defense.
View attachment 828
Come on, we all know the Mario game that really destroys friendships:
8-7nsmbwii-1-.png

New Super Mario Bros Wii. Four Players. Dragon Cars (my nickname for the above level). Friendship ends in 2 minutes tops.

Still though guys.
What are your predictions for this week?
AND DO NOT SAY "NOTHING", Sakurai fucks with us but we can still hope right?
My gut says Falco reveal. We all thought that Sakauri was going to shave off the fat of Brawl by removing the "clone" characters, but Toon Link threw that out the beautifully cel-shaded window, so it is possible.

Reactions: Rellek
I really don't think we'll get many cuts.
Even Lucario who I thought was sure to be cut became relevant again and got a Mega Evolution on top of that.
The FIRST documented in-STory Mega Evolution too, no less!

Remember, a character has to already be IN Brawl in some form for the PM crew to put them in as a new character.

I remember there being some guy who worked on it who said they wanted to work, but deleted it after
It was Lyn from FE and Knuckles from Sonic
I remember the first one. I think Mew2King said it.
Lyn was definitely the one I was thinking of anyway. Fire Emblem 7 needs representation and apparently Sakurai doesn't like Hector, so we'll just have to go with the next best thing.

I thought the clone engine made it possible to add entirely new characters?

They're saying that it has to be in the data somehow and not just taken out of nowhere. They're just disconfirming things stuff like Goku that has absolutely nothing in the game as opposed to Mewtwo or Roy that had character data.

Reactions: juju_for_president
They also don't want to be sued by adding in a character that's not licensed to be in. They got in trouble by putting in the Skyward Sword theme if I recall.
Dracula's Castle is public domain so it was okay, but any other actual Castlevania elements are not.

They said it could be a trophy, assist trophy, or sticker.

In only 4 minutes and 10 seconds, my excitement for the new Smash Brothers was completely obliterated by Project: M. Seriously, watch this trailer, it is incredible.

ONLY TWO MORE WEEKS!!!
...oh wait...

Also
Would anyone be opposed to a Kalos Pokemon Trainer wiiiiiith:
Chespin, Braixen, Greninja

I really like both Braixen and Greninja so I'd be all for that. Chespin can go get lost in the woods.

Any predictions for the next character reveal? My money's all on Princess Zelda.

I really like both Braixen and Greninja so I'd be all for that. Chespin can go get lost in the woods.

Any predictions for the next character reveal? My money's all on Princess Zelda.

apparently there are alot of anniversaries tomorrow

apparently there are alot of anniversaries tomorrow

Which anniversaries? This could change everything.

Does anyone else here want Rosalina as a newcomer in Smash with a Mario Galaxy inspired moveset? I mean she is playable in Super Mario 3D World.

Reactions: Rellek
Does anyone else here want Rosalina as a newcomer in Smash with a Mario Galaxy inspired moveset? I mean she is playable in Super Mario 3D World.
We've been over this.

I'm with Horseman on this one; we've already been over this but I feel like saying it again anyways.

I really want Rosalina in because that would be awesome.

Sorry I'm just incredibly late to the discussions as usual. Anyway I'd love to see Rosalina as a newcomer plus there hasn't been any newcomers announced since E3 it's been all veterans.

Sorry I'm just incredibly late to the discussions as usual. Anyway I'd love to see Rosalina as a newcomer plus there hasn't been any newcomers announced since E3 it's been all veterans.
I agree. Friday seems as good a day as any to release a newcomer Mario related. Rosalina would make my day.

God we're getting so hyped over speculation for the 22nd....watch Sakurai troll us hard.
This is probably our best chance (though still a super slim one) of getting a newcomer this year. So if we don't get one on Friday, I'd say don't expect one until 2014. Good chance for a veteran though!