• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Yeah
Smash doesn't let dead characters be playable
Ganon was a one-time thing

I'm trying to decide whether or not (Major Mother 3 spoilers)
Lucas would count, cause he kinda but kinda doesn't "die", he just... Warps out of existence or something.

Well hey either way that main artist of Pokemon knows and likes Shantae enough to draw her so SOMEBODY over there knows who she is.

Also I'm pretty sure one of the artists behind some of the Warioware games drew her but I'm not sure if that's completely right. Some other Nintendo series at least.

Either way I know Japan would find her cute, so eh.

No Wonder Red, Joe and Bomberman barely even made the top 50. Shame.

i can see japan getting behind shantae pretty easily.
they do love sexualized underaged characters, after all

Well... yeaaah her design hasn't been the best over the years...

I guess it's the fact that they officially jumped pretty far away from those body designs in the new game coming out that I'm not as critical towards it.

I'm just glad they actually gave her a personality on top of all that though, which I think is pretty important sometimes in Smash.

Shantae and Shovel Knight are basically null in terms of Jap rep/recognition.
080.png
yR2ZPCq.png

Aren't those from months ago though?

Aren't those from months ago though?
Yes, but not even Reddit or SmashBoards has anything more recent the only thing recent I found was for the top twenty in Japan. Though the only thing I can really say is if anything is going to change is Inkling positions as its success sense the initial vote.
New Rank: Character Name: Ranking Change from February:
King K. Rool Up 6
Wolf Same
Roy Up 2
Waddle Dee Up 10
Inklings Up 15
Snake Down 3
Magolor (No data)
Ice Climbers Down 4
Geno Up 10
Banjo and Kazooie Up 23
Paper Mario Same
Krystal Down 4
Ashley Up 27
Jibyanyan Up 4
Dixie Down 5
Arle Nadja Up 5
Cloud (No Data)
Isaac Down 3
Bayonetta Up 27
Pichu Down 14

Waluigi was always my most wanted, but now second behind Dillon. They'd both be so great, yet both were assist trophies. Huh.

Honestly I don't like it. The fact that the hand is just a still image that they slide across the screen is disappointing and looks really bad.
Is the layout randomly generated, or is there a set amount of layouts picked randomly?

Woah, this is pretty swanky

I guess they really aren't making any more characters until the ballot ends, interesting
i'm actually excited for who they end up choosing

Reactions: CountofBleck
Finally

Something

It would be a treat for it to be free, but I'm guessing another $4.99. Ugh. Then They're gonna release 3 more characters and I won't have ANY money.

That sounds like something out of the Mother series.

What is it? Can't see images at school

Well, at least ones from restricted sites.

As if they weren't already

It's not a given, really; from around 2008 up until last year, we've been out of their lineup. There was no confirmation that it wasn't just a one year thing.

I was actually referring to the metric shit-ton of videos like the one TheMightyBox posted

Because that video is still funny to me

Mario Maker stage launches today, and a long with it...

PIRATE SHIP FROM BRAWL RETURNS

12049150_484550815051937_1772493383641885357_n.jpg

aaaand MORE MII COSTUMES

12063698_484550818385270_9159549207651712237_n.jpg

Reactions: CountofBleck
So nothing of value.

captain falcon and fox deconfirmed :(

Duck Hunt is free for 3DS while Pirate Ship is Wii U only.

Last edited:
Also, balance stuff.
Shields are now generally stronger, uncharged shield breakers and DK's forward B do less damage on them now, but it mostly seems to be custom specials being altered around the cast.

Also, balance stuff.
Shields are now generally stronger, uncharged shield breakers and DK's forward B do less damage on them now, but it mostly seems to be custom specials being altered around the cast.
Oh great I love having even more difficulty using Jigglypuff.

MH costumes, sweetness

You guys are very late. Shields got a big nerf. The shield stun got increased. It's higer than melee.

It changed a lot. Characters like Jigglypuff is more safe to attack against someone who use shield. It's more safe to smash attack on someone that use shield. You get locked (but can DI) by Lucarios aura sphere near the edge of the stage! Megamans crash bomb is much more usefull!

Reactions: TheGoggledGamer