• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Guys, we have an excuse to ban Diddy from all tournaments

wasn't that found like the day of the patch

nb4 iMDb Kingdom Hearts voice actor "leak" and 50 cent epona jokes

Isn't the solution then,
don't fuckin' use multi-hit moves on Diddy?

I mean
that too
but you could also, like,
do both.

On one hand Ryu was mined long before he was announced. On the other there are like 30 Smash leaks a week and almost none are true.

As much as I'd love Bomberman to be in, I don't see it. Have there been any Konami costumes or anything?

I'm honestly not sure what to think about for the 3 character slots.
They're either characters decided on previously, were highly asked for in the ballots before, or are the three characters we're getting from the ballots.
I personally think they're characters to tide us over while they count votes for the ballot

Wolf's pretty much gonna be there.

Everyone else is fair game though.

I mean it wouldn't really make much sense for the people working there to only be working on costumes, some balance, and some stages for the last few months since Roy, Lucas, and Ryu, then suddenly shift into gear and make more characters on top of more costumes, balancing, and stages.

I'm just expecting something soon character-wise tbh.

This might sound stupid but it says "First contenders of the smash ballot" lets say this is real (I doubt it) but if it is could this mean theres more then 1 wave of winners?

Thats is of course if this is real (probably not).

They did? I just thought Sakurai said it was gonna be fanservice from now on. I mean the ballot is fanservice, yeah, but I was thinking he was just confirming he wasn't going to pull any fast ones like duck hunt for new characters kind of deal, you get me?

Well, I don't exactly remember WHERE I heard that, don't quote me on it, might be bullshit.

That sounds way more in-line with Sakurai's crazy way of doing things.
Ballot or not, I think we're getting some cool stuff

Well, I don't exactly remember WHERE I heard that, don't quote me on it, might be bullshit.

That sounds way more in-line with Sakurai's crazy way of doing things.
Ballot or not, I think we're getting some cool stuff

Etika said it was Ballot-only and he simply misread what Sakurai said. At the same time, this was the video where he said Wolf had no chance because it was ballot only now, but I digress.

Considering the fact we have a 0.5% chance of getting Snake back, I wouldn't mind Bomberman. Gives Konami something at least. Also, the fact Metal Gear is the only series ever to be completely removed from a Smash sequel is saddening. Songs, characters, trophies, etc. have been removed but not a whole series, let alone a whole company to my knowledge.

Had a feeling I was misquoting something and was wrong on some form. Guess we'll know soon.
If we get some kind of official word, we'll know

But then again, I REALLY don't think they'll release straight numbers, that might sadden a few people.

I'm pretty sure Sakurai himself said everything else would be ballot determined in the lucas/Roy/Ryu video...let me double check.

e92.png

Metal Head :3
But seriously we probably won't hear anything for about month/month 1/2

Reactions: Peterthegameguy
Oh it is a joke leak? Come on, you people on SH earn my trust and then throw it away a minute later...

Oh it is a joke leak? Come on, you people on SH earn my trust and then throw it away a minute later...
Hey you should know by now, you can't trust us for as far you can throw your salt. or something like that

That literally almost made me scream in rage

I'm open to the inkling being playable in Smash, yes, but isn't the fact that they have a mii costume make them also 9001% easier to photoshop into the game anyway?

Even if the leak is fake, which it probably is, it's still going to happen at some point.

99% sure it is fake. For one I'm pretty sure if Inklings got in they'd be introduced in dual gender. So it would be Inklings clam THEIR turf. That, and the fact that the Inkling is doing the Stealth Burst special for Mii's is also pretty ugh. Also the render looks kinda familiar, like I'm pretty sure I know who did the 'leak' but can't find solid proof of it right now.

I just want to join in on the spoiler fun, there's nothing worth reading here.
Did Jetsei look yet? Notice me.

I just want to join in on the spoiler fun, there's nothing worth reading here.
Did Jetsei look yet? Notice me.

Mom when are you gonna come home.