• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

I think he's showing attention to detail mostly. Think about it. The Toad effect normally has this dash-like effect with it, and maybe the background can lose leaves?

By the way, never try to use Toad against Ness and Lucas's forward smash. Their forward smashes reflect projectiles, and Toad's spores count as a projectile. So you'll just end up getting hit by your own counter.

I did not know Lucas reflects with his stick/sword more reason as to why I use him

Or maybe it's... THIS
tumblr_my09s4EVD81sy8lv6o4_500.jpg

Reactions: Rellek
Nice. I feel trolled because I thought Kirby was in MK8.

Dammit.

Reactions: TailsWorld1
Well, uh,
eat my words and mark them for later because hey, they've been invalidated.
I was not expecting that at all.

New Conner yay when's pichu

Pirate Rosalina of the Stars confirmed.

Watch her have an Pirate palette :P

After watching the Rosalina gameplay.... Rosalina is a stand user? Awesome!!!!

Is she listed as a Mario character or a galaxy character?

Sorry Peach you have been officially dumped to sub status. I'm feeling all kinds of good today seeing that trailer.

I think this was the real best part of the show
tumblr_my0b672A7P1s60yqpo1_500.png

By the way... do you think we're going to get a Rainbow Road stage now, or maybe it's gonna appear in the Galaxy stage?

A puppet character that actually seems fun thank you sakurai savior of games

Yay puppet characters.

I want them in my Smash.

You people realize what this means, right? We are literally playing as the Mario franchise's answer to GOD!

No seriously, she's at least 100 years if not much older, somehow gaining immortality and cares for small star creatures that eventually grow up to turn into life sustaining planets and galaxies. We are essentially playing as GOD!

I can't believe that they actually made Rosalina playable. Forget anything bad I've ever said about him, Sakurai is an amazing developer.

Day 1 main!

She has a spike it is beautiful

All the newcomers are better looking than the veterans

I like the fact that they slightly spruced up her design a bit by adding a star pattern on her dress.

I like the fact that they slightly spruced up her design a bit by adding a star pattern on her dress.
Oh wow you're right. They're kinda subtle in motion, but they're there.

I like them. They're pretty. :D

Awwww Yisssss Puppet Characterssssss!

I was not expecting this and even more so, wasn't too keen on her.

She looks bloody amazing! Gameplay-wise, and aesthetically.

I'm not smitten with her... I just like her dress... and stuff... wow she's pretty...

Reactions: Lavama
Oh wow you're right. They're kinda subtle in motion, but they're there.

I like them. They're pretty. :D

In the trailer, the pattern faintly shimmers in both the movie and gameplay. It's the little details that bring things together sometimes.

Since nobody's talking about character colors right now I wanna say that I hope Rosalina and Peach have Fire-Flower palettes. I need to see a 4 player match with Mario, Luigi, Peach and Rosalina in Fire-Flower colors now that it's a possibility.

Reactions: SpaceCadetKeon
It's her Japanese name me thinks.
Awwww Yisssss Puppet Characterssssss!

I was not expecting this and even more so, wasn't too keen on her.

She looks bloody amazing! Gameplay-wise, and aesthetically.

I'm not smitten with her... I just like her dress... and stuff... wow she's pretty...
Not like me and Lyndis at all.

Sakirai is just rolling in himself right now. He probably smiled so hard knowing how perfectly hard he surprised everyone. Hot damn is that guy a player.

Between Chibi Robo coming west, Hyrule Warriors being hype as shit, Mario and Zelda FREE-DLC coming to Sonic and Rosalina, hot damn I'm happy with that direct.

Though I made the mistake of looking at other people's opinions.

Chibi Robo being "shovelware", Hyrule Warriors being a "shameless cash-in and retexture", Mario and Zelda DLC being "an example of why Nintendo should never touch Sonic" and Rosalina being "Blue Peach LOL".

Sigh.