• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Nah, tonight is when...

Male Wii Fit Trainer is revealed to be his own character after all.

I don't know what you guys are talking about, they've been waiting all this time to reveal the most important character . . .
decapre-ultra-street-fighter-iv.jpg

daily.jpg

"Pic of the day. Hello fighters! I'll assist you with fresh-picked fruit from my town!♪"

It seems Isabelle is an Assist Trophy. Sounds like she gives out Food to the fighter(s).

Also, Direct on Tuesday, specifically for Smash. Get hype.

Congratulations on your appearance Isabelle! I also have another important announcement. On 4/8, at 3 PM PST (8/4 11 PM UK time), we'll be airing a Super Smash Bros. Direct!! There will be all kinds of info about the new Smash Bros. games on this simultaneous global stream that will be delivered "directly" to you, so don't miss it! You'll be able to watch the stream from the official site (www.smashbros.com).

Come ooooonnn Chrom/Ness/Ike/Yoshi/Pichu/Neku/Andy/Eternal Darkness stage! :P

Last edited:
Come on any Palutena or any FE rep that ISN'T a sword wielding Lord(Marth has that role on lock)

Well, Directs that involve Smash is all but code for "Newcomer character imminent", and this direct is Smash-specific meaning it's probably gonna be a good sized infodump, so I need to make sure people see it.

Oh, I don't remember if they showed it already from an earlier pic, but the Isabelle pic looks like it also confirms New Smashville will keep the internal-clock-mandated day/night system.

Come on guys, there's obviously a character reveal. Like 95% certainty on it.

I honestly don't know what else it could be outside of features for the Gamepad (minigames, etc) and the adventure mode. Here's hoping for at least one of those three. I'd be a super happy camper if all three were in there.

And the My Music feature. I need the ability to have more than one track per stage, and then make the effort moot by setting all but one track off, making only one song ever play anyway. :P

And then it's just a recap of all the Miiverse posts up to this point and a "In 2 weeks"-like release date.

What I'd love to see is a WiiU Smash Bros bundle or such.

Wait Tuesday?
BIRTHDAY...
tumblr_lsobgzXSuq1qii6tmo1_400.gif

Reactions: Goodbye18000
Come on guys, there's obviously a character reveal. Like 95% certainty on it.

I honestly don't know what else it could be outside of features for the Gamepad (minigames, etc) and the adventure mode. Here's hoping for at least one of those three. I'd be a super happy camper if all three were in there.

I hope it goes into more detail abou Mac and Rosalina's gimmicks the way that the previous Smash direct went into Villager's and Mega Man's.

We still have very little idea on what Rosalina's specials are, or at least what they're mapped to, and I want to know more about Little Mac, which moves have armor, how long it takes to charge the Power Meter, stuff like that.

And also a new character reveal, does anyone know if anything happened on April 8th?

direct reveals aren't really tied to dates

also i imagine we'll be getting a little more than just a reveal since it's a whole direct
we might even get two if we're lucky, plus some minor, finer details

Why didn't he wait until Monday to reveal this? The wait for this is going to kill me now.

Anyways, this'll be airing just as I get out of work so I'll catch the archive when I get home. I'm hoping we get a bunch of veteran reveals (Ness, Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Wario, Metaknight and Ice Climbers mostly) and at least one or two newcomers (C'mon Shulk and Dillon) and some info on other modes and whatnot.

I just hope he's not going to announce the release date in this direct like some people on Miiverse are hoping. I'd rather that be saved for E3.

i wonder what exactly we're gonna get
I'm expecting at least one newcomer reveal but anything other than that is just up in the air

At the very least, one newcomer.

The least that I want, one newcomer and one vet.

Until then, let us sing a song of hype

Last edited:
for some reason
i'm expecting Palutena and Mewtwo
dunno why
the time just feel "right"
maybe someone from fire emblem idk
if they aren't Bara Ike they won't matter to me that much

Goodbye did you remember how I kindly asked you to put videos in spoilers because it fucks up my Firefox? :T

But that aside, wow, Smash Direct, that woke me right the fuck up.
I love how Isabelle is an assist too.

We're probably getting multiple veterans and newcomers revealed, as well as probably a release date.

I wonder if we will get a bigger promotional video like the first Brawl trailer - showed off several new and returning characters.....

i imagine they'd save something like that for E3
this will probably just be a reveal or two, plus some other little deets

I hope we see some more Final Smashes showcased
I wanna see if Mega Man's is the Rush Adaptor (like it should be)

Reactions: Goodbye18000
Alright.

I predict:

• 1 or 2 new characters
  • 1 or 2 obvious vets
  • One surprise vet (ROB, Snake, Jiggly, etc)
  • Two new stages (newcomer)
  • Two retro stages
  • Tentative release date
  • "We will be releasing promotional anime and live action shorts in the style of the ones that were used to promote the original Super Smash Bros on it's official website."
  • Surprise at the end

My guesses:

~At least 2 new character reveals. One at the beginning of the Direct and one at the end
~Yoshi's return
~Recap of Miiverse posts
~Release Date
~Demo (unlikely but you never know!)
~At least 3 new/old returning stage reveals
~At least 2 new items
~̶S̶u̶r̶p̶r̶i̶s̶e̶ ̶C̶D̶-̶i̶ ̶L̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶r̶e̶v̶e̶a̶l̶

I hope it goes into more detail abou Mac and Rosalina's gimmicks the way that the previous Smash direct went into Villager's and Mega Man's.

We still have very little idea on what Rosalina's specials are, or at least what they're mapped to, and I want to know more about Little Mac, which moves have armor, how long it takes to charge the Power Meter, stuff like that.

And also a new character reveal, does anyone know if anything happened on April 8th?
That shit is super minor and we already know what Rosalina's specials are mapped to. How the Power Meter charges is rather insignificant, all you need to know is that it charges over the course of battle. I really would not like them wasting time in a direct going over stuff like that. We have already seen it, people will experience it when the game comes out, no need to go over it again.

And holy cow you guys are greedy as fuck lol. Expecting the majority of the game to be revealed in a direct. Jesus.

the real important question is
who is the announcer/Master Hand voiced by this time around

That shit is super minor and we already know what Rosalina's specials are mapped to. How the Power Meter charges is rather insignificant, all you need to know is that it charges over the course of battle. I really would not like them wasting time in a direct going over stuff like that. We have already seen it, people will experience it when the game comes out, no need to go over it again.

And holy cow you guys are greedy as fuck lol. Expecting the majority of the game to be revealed in a direct. Jesus.

What? We do?
We know that the launch star is her upB but everything else is kind of speculation at this point.

I just want the same thing Sakurai's already done with Villager and Mega Man in the first Smash direct so calm yoself.

My guesses:

~One or two newcomers reveals.
~Show Yoshi, just to shut up the paroniod fans already.
~A demo ( Too see gameplay at it's current state, if it can live up too Melee. )

What? We do?
We know that the launch star is her upB but everything else is kind of speculation at this point.

I just want the same thing Sakurai's already done with Villager and Mega Man in the first Smash direct so calm yoself.
Sakurai himself has stated that the scribbly gravity thing is her down b and the her neutral b is summoning Luma. With only a single input left to speculate, it's obvious that the Luma Shot is her Side B.

And exactly, those were a waste of time.

No no, there'll be an image on Tuesday...

But its description will be talking about how you should watch the Direct.

Reactions: Jutsei
Hey... Anyone remember that "leak" from Gamestop a while back saying the game was going to be released April 8th? Obviously it isn't, but perhaps it may be hinting at a release date revealed on the 8th.

Anyone with me?

Sakurai himself has stated that the scribbly gravity thing is her down b and the her neutral b is summoning Luma. With only a single input left to speculate, it's obvious that the Luma Shot is her Side B.

And exactly, those were a waste of time.

Or is Luma Shot neutral B after a Luma is summoned?
Or is it a forward smash with a completely unknown attack as forwardB?
And if Luma Shot is forwardB what happens when you use neutralB after a Luma is out? Does it recall the Luma or get rid of it?