• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Steven Universe Thread! [SPOILERS]

This episode was one of the more clunkily written episodes so far methinks. The whole thing was just weirdly paced with everyone stopping mid action scenes to have heart to hearts.

Also, I'm not sying I'm an expert on how this stuff works... but I would have used that laser on Steven instead of my own foot.

Reactions: ReSpAwNz67
Also, I'm not sying I'm an expert on how this stuff works... but I would have used that laser on Steven instead of my own foot.
7f6a83602f.jpg
She hits a button which detaches the foot from her suit.

If you watch it again it's a bit more clear with the effects.

This episode was one of the more clunkily written episodes so far methinks. The whole thing was just weirdly paced with everyone stopping mid action scenes to have heart to hearts.
I feel it's just the limit of 15 minute episodes.
You have to start something, build up to something, and end something in less than 15 minutes while juggling a bunch of different topics and action.

I agree it could have been done a little bit better?
I wish they had 30 minutes instead.

Last edited:
Finally, a character I can relate to.

Anyway, so there are a couple of theories going around why Peridot's kind of starting to jump on the cuckoo train so I'll just sum 'em up.

1) From a geology view or whatever, pure Peridot should only be really found in meteorites, as pure Peridot tends to become chemically unstable when in contact with Earth's atmosphere

2) Peridot has never had to do something on her own before due to Homeworld's strictness and whatnot, and is unintentionally showing off her true self as she evades the Crystal Gems alone.

3) Peridot is literally a child. In terms of gem age, Amethyst is considered to be still relatively young, at a younger teen age at least, and she was made when Homeworld went on Earth. Peridot thought the older tech on Earth from Homeworld was archaic and nonsensical, meaning she was made a decent amount of time later.

Yeah this last episode felt very... odd? It felt very anime in the way that i was written and how jokes/situations were
presented

I wasn't a bad episode by any means, I actually really enjoyed it, but there was some disconnect I felt from a lot of how the show has been written thus far.

week of sardonyx and THE GODDESS PERIDOT IS MY FAVE SO FAR

I'm just surprised we didn't see anything of the extended intro in one of the episodes

Reactions: Kuzlalala
I'm just surprised we didn't see anything of the extended intro in one of the episodes
trust me they'll put it in there. most likely at the season finale where Steven is all battle hardened is having a flashback or some shit.

I just don't know how to feel about this Steven Bomb. I was expecting some Malachite and Peridot (although yea we did get some Peridot thrown in there) They sure have been building up Malachite for a while now and I just want to see what happens.

Reactions: Kuzlalala
You can't get it out of your head even though you made it? Pitiful!

Also in the first episode he fires the shield hard enough to slice through objects, but here he chooses to throw it softly enough to just lightly bonk Peridot? I know the first time he kind of forcefully ejected it from his gem, but come on Steven.

Last edited:
Well he does want to be friends with every gem.

he could have hurt her if he did it stronger

For some reason I doubt that immensely. Maybe he would befriend some gems but maybe others can take advantage of his kindness. Besides "this isn't a cartoon" :P

I read somewhere that Steven mimicked Peridot's way of socializing so that they would be familiar to each other... just how Steven tried to socialize with Lapis.

Makes sense to me.

Well, I guess Peridot DID copy Steven copying the general snarkiness of her attitude, so it's a start.

Not sure if you guys discussed it before but I recently read a theory on corrupted gems and that they were made that way by a weapon from Home World. Basically the theory stated that Home World fired a weapon at Earth in order to just end the war and be rid of the planet by turning all gems on Earth into monsters. The only gems saved were those within Rose's immediate vicinity via her shield or bubble. Amethyst wasn't out yet so maybe that's the excuse for her. That sort of would explain why Peridot was surprised that there was gem life on Earth. Sure it has a few holes in the theory like "why wouldn't they try to retrieve Rose Quartz even after the weapon was used?" or maybe some others I can't think of. Any thoughts?

on another note, i fucking love every single fusion in this show.
i think i'm mainly biased towards malachite, though.
why?
because malachite, if lapis hadn't taken over and trapped herself and jasper, could have seriously fucked shit up.

butsardonyxwasprettydamngood.

To be honest Lapis could've just murderlieurdled Jasper in five seconds instead of kept her as a prisoner
Since you know
The ocean was like five feet away from them
I mean yeah it's probably because of the whole "Homeworld is too advanced for me to understand and Earth is Earth and I have no real home and-" thing Lapis has going for her but still.

Reactions: Cheesedragon
I only like this show for Garnet.

Best mom.

amethyst is like the trouble making teenage sister

pearl is ugh... "THAT" Mom. the one that is a little over protective and can embarrass you in front of your friends.

Now this is pretty after-the-fact but I just realized that Pearl's salt about fusing with Garnet was hinted at in her song in Coach Steven.

She says "can't you see that she's out of control and overzealous, I'm telling you for your own good AND NOT BECAUSE I'M-"

Yeah, there's pretty much only one word that rhymes with 'overzealous'

Jealous

ho boy some of those episode titles. some shit really is going to go down. Others seem to dive back into the past with the gems. And of course we get the DBZ fight for Earth saga.

And just to clarify, those episodes aren't actually in order, that one Steven Universe guy who's on Twitter confirmed that Cartoon Network.com just kind of shits out all the episode titles at once without knowing the schedule first.

Kiki better hand deliver that murder to my front door than