• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Steven Universe Thread! [SPOILERS]

SOCIAL JUSTICE 123!

SOCIAL JUSTICE 123!
You forgot the WOO! WOO!

I don't know if this basically sums up what's happening, but here it is:
tumblr_nwtbgprgPo1ushea8o1_540.png

(Also a link to said picture: WARNING: I mean, lolicon, you know. But ianjq is definitely in the likes section.)

Anyway, the argument (at least for this guy) here seem to be going for the: "Draw whatever you want! Even if the problem that kicked this off was racist/transphobic/pedophiliac/fatphobic/etc art!"

I think what we should get out of this is: "Mob mentalities and abusing others is bad and it should not be condoned. However, art that specifically puts down another as a human being should still not be tolerated and should be reported and removed."

That argument isn't valid since drawing a fictional character in a different style isn't putting down anybody.

Steven Universe is the cartoon that the immature triggered types flock to so I guess this can't be surprising.

Wait there's a difference between "a different style" and "straight up drawing pedophiliac content of minors", which one are we talking about here?

I was talking about skinny Rose, but arguing about scantily clad rabbit girl is equally stupid.

Wait there's a difference between "a different style" and "straight up drawing pedophiliac content of minors", which one are we talking about here?
wait? That drawing is Shimakaze from Kantai Collection, she's not a minor she's a boat.

Draw a girl
Call it a boat
Fuckin Japan
i still love you

Reactions: Aferni
man who thought that a show about the adventures of a kid with a rock in his bellybutton and a pet lion could get so controversial
it's almost like people take children's cartoons too seriously or something

I saw this shit coming since the Gashi Gashi is a racist incident.

These people were going to snap anyday.

In other news, I've been cropping transparent gifs
tumblr_nxy2chq3jN1sfv767o1_500.gif

We are due for Season 3, soon, aren't we?
Definitely within the next year

But

Do you still trust CN?

Yeah and after Adventure Time getting like two bombs in a row I think I'm on terms with them now

Where is that last shot from?

Because that scratches the "really cool anime villain intro" itch so hard.

Where is that last shot from?

Because that scratches the "really cool anime villain intro" itch so hard.
It's from the extended intro.

It hasn't appeared in any of the episodes yet so it had to be recorded. They played it first at comic con, then they found out it would play at places like Chuck E. Cheese for the kids and whatnot.

"Looks like another waste of my time..."
tumblr_nyjexf0UKs1sfv767o1_1280.gif

WHAT DO YOU MEAN STEVEN IS 14
given how Steven was like 12 in the beginning of the show and that he has had one birthday after that...

yes. Steven is 14. he is a tween. a nerdy little tween.

NO NO NO THIS IS A CARTOON! JUST LIKE ASH KETCHUM HE STAYS 12 FOREVER. >=(

I thought Steven was like, 10 or 11 at the show's start. The fact that he's 14 and basically 4 years younger than me made me realize just how quickly my childhood died.

I thought Steven was like, 10 or 11 at the show's start. The fact that he's 14 and basically 4 years younger than me made me realize just how quickly my childhood died.
i know how you feel. don't worry for the next 3 years of your life you'll desperately try to get back that childhood in college. I have done it and I have failed. You can still act like a kid, but you can never truly feel like a kid again. That magic is lost. That's why Steven is an okay character, he embodies childhood and the growth of someone out of that world into a more responsible role of the world.

or something like that...

i know how you feel. don't worry for the next 3 years of your life you'll desperately try to get back that childhood in college. I have done it and I have failed. You can still act like a kid, but you can never truly feel like a kid again. That magic is lost. That's why Steven is an okay character, he embodies childhood and the growth of someone out of that world into a more responsible role of the world.

or something like that...
Actually I was talking about the time one of my classmates slapped my ass at a field trip to a holocaust museum, but I guess that works too.