• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Steven Universe Thread! [SPOILERS]

I totally missed on the entire last set of episodes. Were they any good?
December's set of episodes?
Hit and Miss, it was built on a really flimsy overarching thing of
Steven and Connie not communicating and it all came down to miscommunication, there was also an insufferable Sadie episode in there
But the last two episodes were fantastic.
Ended with a reveal of Pink Diamond

Too much slice of life stuff happened, especially after such a story benchmark from the trial episode.

Is the show really going on hiatus again?

I liked the idea of Sadie's episode, but in execution it was... yeah.

The only episode of the StevenBomb before these two that I felt was needed at all was the one with Connie. It was all happening in what really should not have been a downtime period for the Crystal Gems. Even outside that, I can only remember Sadie's and Connie's.

It would have been much cooler to see what the hell Lars was doing while Steven was at home messing around. Lars in the Stars wasn't all that great to me, but it began moving the plot again.
Edit: I should just share some basic thoughts
So the Pink Diamond dream was interesting, and funny how it started by channeling through Connie's subconscious or w/e.

It was also interesting how life grew on a formerly controlled... moon.

LARS WHERE DID YOU GET THAT COAT ON GEM-CONTROLLED PLANETS!?

Last edited:
Yeah, December's batch of episodes were more miss than hit for me, I was DREADING the episode where Sadie joined a band and yeah, it wasn't very good.
Also didn't like the overarching theme of Steven and Connie not being together due to miscommunication
But it was kinda worth it for the reveal in Jungle Moon
bummer I hought Sadie Killer was the only super strong episode from the last bomb.

I think it's the problem with this show: filler episodes are mostly about the humies (WH40K Orks' slang for humans) and, being humies, they're not that interesting.

The only ones I really care about are Greg, Sadie and Mayor Dewey, but each have their flaws: Greg usually gets shelved unless it's an episode about Steven's childhood, Sadie is kind of a minor character and all her episodes are mostly about Lars too, and the mayor is the niche-est of the niche and made me suspicious when he reacted to the word "cover" in Ronaldo's Not-YouTube video episode, making me think he had something to hide while XX episodes later nothing happened. (You'd think the humies' government would be plotting something with all these alien rocks tampering with Earth)

Also I think I dropped this show arond the Zoo arc. Anything good happened?

The show's problem is that it has two different plots: Aliens and Humans, and it's stuck meandering between the two of them without good focus or connections between them

Reactions: ArgonBern
^^^ that, and the plots' genres are even very different.

Gems: X millennia ago there was a coup d'etat that got uncovered just now, and shit is about to hit the fan as a handsome of gems are just trying to protect the Earth.

Humies:

HELLO EVERYONE YES I'M BACK AFTER 20000 YEARS
Are we talking about the keychain leaks yet?

THIS ONE!
(Spoilers, duh)
tumblr_p4dddjqhrs1vxd8zso1_1280.jpg

THIS ONE!
(Spoilers, duh)
tumblr_p4dddjqhrs1vxd8zso1_1280.jpg
*Clears throat*
Now here, we can clearly see...
1. Pink Diamond somehow looks more terrifying than Yellow, but her design is very cute, she looks like a little elf. Also. NAVAL GEM. AHHHHHHHHHHH.
2. Past Pearl's outfit seems to incorporate the colors of every diamond, hm... What could this mean...
3. We now know that yes, Rose Quartz soldiers have the same attire as Jaspers and Amethysts.
4. AHH RUBY AND SAPPHIRE GETTING MARRIED AHH RUBY IS THE BRIDE AND SAPPHIRE IS THE GROOM THIS IS TOO CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE

those look ridiculous.

and ill probably buy one or two

Reactions: ShinRynozilla
those look ridiculous.

and ill probably buy one or two
I'll probably end up buying two of each

I don't have a healthy financial life

Pretty predictable honestly I think everyone is blowing it out of proportion since most of the things shown were things that anyone who thought for more than 30 seconds about where the plot was going to go could've figured those things out.

Yeah, for those that didn't see, during an interview the video showed a clip that was uncleared to be shown and has heavy spoilers for the Season (or some say even Series) finale, the still is making the rounds on Youtube, so be careful with that shitty algorithm

It's still possible that it's wishful dreaming on Steven's part. Not holding my breath for it though.

Also this was finally the breaking point that legitimately pissed Ian JQ off enough to make him vocal about it

Even if Bismuth is back back than it's still too little too late

Also the idea of redeeming the diamonds after being literal genocide dictators is so..........

Last edited by a moderator:
Also the idea of redeeming the diamonds after being literal genocide dictators is so..........
At the end of the day this is still a show on Cartoon Network for people of all ages, including children.
I don't think CN would allow anything but allowing something like that.

So uh, not using spoiler tags for talking about the leak?

Well anyway new episodes were pretty nice.
Garnet's entrance pose with Steven in the first episode was hilarious. The Beach City episodes also didn't feel as weird in the grand scheme since it didn't feel like Steven was ignoring his stranded friends for no reason.

At the end of the day this is still a show on Cartoon Network for people of all ages, including children.
I don't think CN would allow anything but allowing something like that.
Doesn’t stop it from still being the absolute worst thing this show could possibly do

Oh wow. This show still hasn't gotten decent again I see.

Not smug. Just disappointed.

Don't watch any new promos, huge spoilers if you didn't watch the new episodes.

...There's 4 new episodes from the last batch. Guess that shows how behind you are. :^)

Uh, I guess you do have to watch the... 4 or 5 episodes in the batch before the 2-episode set, since I did remember there's something plot-important in them (even though it was such a "well that happened, guess we'll see where it goes later" thing that I forgot it at first). They're not terrible, but they're pretty average as far as SU's daily-life episodes go.

And, uh, ads have been getting worse where I watch so I just bought the season pass on Google Play.

Spoilers everywhere. EVERYWHERE.

WHAT?! Just . . . WHAT?

And putting in time and thinking about it makes apparent implications that are, at best, ill-conceived and, at worst, horrific.

Yeah uh mhmmm every Su thread is on flames right now So im just gonna ad this here

I literally cannot fucking fathom the sheer magnitude of bad implications this brings on like oh my God. This is literally the worst plot point of any show I've ever watched hdkljsafhiu GOD

I totally guessed it all correctly lol

w/o even reading any kind of fan theories and whatnot

nice

Oh there are two episodes today, huh.

They're not on Google Play yet.

They Gravity Falls'd us. There were two HUGE theories at the time. "Pearl Killed Pink Diamond", and "Rose IS Pink Diamond", however, due to their conflict, no one thought to combine the two.
A similar thing happened with Gravity Falls, there were two theories. "Grunkle Stan has a brother", and "The Author will come out of the portal", but no one thought to combine the two. Once more, two theories were actually supposed to just be one
This is by no meme's a bad thing

So let me break this down for everyone. Because of this revelation, we have the following:

• The almost complete extinction of the Homeworld Colony
  • The experiments with fusing gems and The Cluster
  • Rose and Pearl lying for over 5000 years
  • Poor old Jasper
  • Blue Diamond in a constant state of mourning
  • Pearl, who sacrificed everything for this, and kept this seret for thousands of years alone, still is unrequited and loses Rose to Greg
  • Lapis gets turned into a mirror
  • the corruption of all earth gems
  • The bubbling of all Rose Quartz gems, which, surprise, were all innocent.

Reactions: erkicman
So let me break this down for everyone. Because of this revelation, we have the following:

• The almost complete extinction of the Homeworld Colony
  • The experiments with fusing gems and The Cluster
  • Rose and Pearl lying for over 5000 years
  • Poor old Jasper
  • Blue Diamond in a constant state of mourning
  • Pearl, who sacrificed everything for this, and kept this seret for thousands of years alone, still is unrequited and loses Rose to Greg
  • Lapis gets turned into a mirror
  • the corruption of all earth gems
  • The bubbling of all Rose Quartz gems, which, surprise, were all innocent.

That's quite a to-do list for Steven to tackle for the remaining seasons! Also add to this:

• Bismuth was imprisoned for thousands of years over a lie
  • The Zoo people have been imprisoned for generations over a lie
  • Lots of things that were foundations of Garnets beliefs never really existed. "She didn't always do what was best for her. But she always did what was best for us." Nah, she was doing what was best for her! Which is cool, b/c for a while, we were all worried that Garnet was a complete character with no room left to develop. Now she gets a pretty sizable amount of room to develop her character further

I am really tempted to re-watch the show just to see how Pearl interacts with Steven.

I am really tempted to re-watch the show just to see how Pearl interacts with Steven.
This does put a lot of events of the show into perspective.
Because remember when Pearl said early on that "she didn't keep secrets from me", despite knowing that huge secret, Rose was still hiding other things from Pearl