• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Super Best Friends Thread

Favorite Zaibatsu Member?

• Matt

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • Pat

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • Woolie

Votes: 37 32.7%
  • Liam

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • Zach

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
It doesn't feel like Woolie has been around long enough to complain about a game alongside Matt and Pat. They can, but Woolie wants to ride the band wagon. He must suffer longer before he can. He must earn it like Matt and Pat have. They survived Homecoming. They survived Downpour. They survived xbox indie games (with a few cool ones). Woolie? He has nothing. NOTHING!

I think Scrublords is enough.
I agree more with Grimmhart. it seems now that the best friends have gotten really successful, Woolie is trying to give the impression he's been there since the beginning by acting like Matt and Pat, but, he will never compare to the chemistry of the american and lava beard.

I do enjoy Woolie though. He's quite funny.
Liam's the one I feel is tacked on.

Plus he hates Disgaea apparently
That's minus ten thousand respect points right off the bat.
yeah but he also loves every zelda game, so he's at least starting off neutral

Liam is fiiiine. dont worry. theres no time.

Liam hunts deer with bows and arrows and knocks out guys trying to feel up unconscious girls.

Liam is my hero.

Reactions: Denizen
Also, they just played Sonic and the Black Knight.
It's called Spin Dash Quick Look.
Might be a series, but...
When's the Christmas Storm!?
they said there werent enough games.

christmas games arent that expansive though, unfortunately.

Liam hunts deer with bows and arrows and knocks out guys trying to feel up unconscious girls.

Liam is my hero.
When's Little Golden Book's "Liam the Moe Superstar Hero"?

ugh! I'm trying so hard to find the picture of Pat as robotnik! can anyone post it on here?

They should play Sonic CD.

Two Best Friends Play Super Mario World 3D

Warning: New Challengers Approaching!

41r5ppX.jpg
00.png

A friend of mine still keeps trying to tell me that Beyond is a good game.

I reallly dont see it.

It more or less is at the end of the game though.
Ok, it's NEAR the end, but it's not THE end.

I'm sorry if I came off like a jerk.

I reallly dont see it.
It's got a good story, and it's certainly more of a game than Heavy Rain is.
I think the Best Friends are just letting their David Cage hate bleed into it.
I mean, when I saw it the first time I was invested in it.

Reactions: Dragonage2ftw

I reallly dont see it.
The TBFP playthrough really isn't the best representation of the game.

They miss a lot of important things, they ignore important plot points, they fail to recognize what the point of each scene is, they don't pay attention, they stink at the QTE's, ect, ect, ect.

I agree, TBFP really has not given this game a chance.

They have been nitpicking constantly.

so its like Max and Simmon's playthrough of the Last of Us but not as bad?

good to know.

It's decidedly less gamey.

And they did give it a chance, it's just a shitty game.

so its like Max and Simmon's playthrough of the Last of Us but not as bad?

good to know.
As I said, once this thing is done, if you want to watch a more positive look at the game (Who takes his time with it instead of trying to rush to the end), I'd recommend Jesse Cox's playthrough.

As I said, once this thing is done, if you want to watch a more positive look at the game (Who takes his time with it instead of trying to rush to the end), I'd recommend Jesse Cox's playthrough.
XD I gave it a backhandedly positive description. I'm just so sick of all these playthroughs, and nitpicks, and "fuck you konamis", "da capcom gonna rape me with mobile games"

why cant we all just sit down... and just have fun?

WHY CANT EVERYONE BE LIKE MARK BUSSLER?!

gaddemmot!

It's decidedly less gamey.

And they did give it a chance, it's just a shitty game.
I'm sorry, but......no. Just...no.

They didn't give it a chance. They started flinging crap at the game the second they put it in.

They pointed out every part that actually got them excited and parts that saddended them.

They just aren't many of those scenes.

People talking about a "good story" are really fucking with me?

It's like no one has read a book with a thought out narrative.

Saya no Uta's plot is more believable and it's writing 5 times as impressive.

At least in Heavy Rain, I could talk about the main 4's character traits, I could talk about the plot in a cohesively line.

I didn't love Heavy Rain, but I could respect what it tried to do, Beyond, not so much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Agent York
I think the real thing that I think about Cage games is there's so much potential just left unused.

if not for the constant QTEs, the settings could've been expanded with gameplay systems to make really fun experiences.

example: in Indigo Prophesy, we all see Lucas bouncing around with crazy super abilities. the first thing i thought was "Man, this is pretty much Prototype! That game is awesome!"

Yeah, I just don't think they gave it a fair chance at all.
And when the sequel comes out they won't give that a fair chance either, probably.
I usually let people just hold their own opinions about things, but when something is downright objectively bad I interject.

What, what was possibly so great about this game that they didn't give a shot, now mind you I've played the game myself, I have also played Heavy Rain.

Every character, every single one of them, has one trait at a time, like some kind of goddamn robot.

At least with Ethan I could say he is multiple things, but I really can't with Jodie.

Jodie is a bunch of titles while Ethan is a bunch of character traits.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/10/09/beyond-two-souls-review-an-in-depth-critique/

This dude breaks down the game, piece by piece.

Hey I'd like to remind everyone that this is the "Super Best Friends Thread", not the "Argue About Games Thread."
If you're here to talk about The Best Friends Zaibatsu and their day to day activities, then I welcome you.
If you're here to start a flame war about your opinions on video games, then I suggest that you

Last edited: