• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Super Best Friends Thread

Favorite Zaibatsu Member?

• Matt

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • Pat

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • Woolie

Votes: 37 32.7%
  • Liam

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • Zach

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
Hey I'd like to remind everyone that this is the "Super Best Friends Thread", not the "Argue About Games Thread."
If you're here to talk about The Best Friends Zaibatsu and their day to day activities, then I welcome you.
If you're here to start a flame war about your opinions on video games, then I suggest that you get the f**k out
Thank you Denizen. As much as I welcome debates on the worth of certain games, this situation is the kind that never goes well. There's rarely people who are indifferent about the Cage-meister, people usually either despise or love his work, and two very opposing sides rarely leads to debates, but rather spiteful arguing... especially on the internet.

My god. They predicted every single major point in the game.
Hilarious.
Anyways I watch the videos to listen and watch them specifically play, not whether the game is good or bad.

My god. They predicted every single major point in the game.
Hilarious.
Anyways I watch the videos to listen and watch them specifically play, not whether the game is good or bad.
Yeah I'm not getting involved in this 'Discussion' but it's not a good sign if the player can predict everything that happens in a game. That's one of the reasons why I think the story of The Last Of Us is so good. I did not expect that sort of ending, even Pat himself was surprised.
Anyway, yeah the Disaster: Day of Crisis play through is awesome so far. I really liked the shout out that they gave to Firefighters. My Dad is a Firefighter and I can verify that everything they said is factually correct.

I lost my shit at the Terminator thing at the end. He kept saying it over and over and then out of left field it popped out.

I'm usually a good chunck if the weei behind on the Friendcast but I've got to say that Pat is getting more and more difficult to listen to sometimes.

I'm usually a good chunck if the weei behind on the Friendcast but I've got to say that Pat is getting more and more difficult to listen to sometimes.
he's not so bad. I kinda feel that way about woolie.

he's not so bad. I kinda feel that way about woolie.
Woolies fine. I saw some people say they don't feel like Woolie's been around long enough to complain about games but from the perspective of the Zaibatsu he's been around since forever. I believe he's know each member longet than any of them have know each other. In addition he and Liam are the only ones that are actually currently involved in game design.

My issue with Pat is that he seems to have falken into the trap of thinking a strongly stated opinion is a well stated one. Heck most times he isn't even stating it, he's yelling it. Also his position is sometimes garbage or he flat out in the wrong. Like last week where he was recounting straight up yelling at a direct sales agent in his building. Just because you're annoyed doesn't give you the right to yell at someone doing their job.

Woolies fine. I saw some people say they don't feel like Woolie's been around long enough to complain about games but from the perspective of the Zaibatsu he's been around since forever. I believe he's know each member longet than any of them have know each other. In addition he and Liam are the only ones that are actually currently involved in game design.

My issue with Pat is that he seems to have falken into the trap of thinking a strongly stated opinion is a well stated one. Heck most times he isn't even stating it, he's yelling it. Also his position is sometimes garbage or he flat out in the wrong. Like last week where he was recounting straight up yelling at a direct sales agent in his building. Just because you're annoyed doesn't give you the right to yell at someone doing their job.
I think part of that though was that Pat is ginger, which he makes jokes of, and is therefore constantly angry. But I could imagine that they probably get a lot of door to door salesman. and often times, yelling them to go away is the best, albeit meanest, way of going about getting them to leave you alone. I can see where you're coming from though.

and honestly, woolie just seems to be over-opinionated (and is it just me, or does woolie like to bring up racist white people stuff?)

I haven't really touched thier podcast. Too busy doing other things.
Is it any good?
yeah they're really good. their interviews are kinda unprofessional, seeing as they go kinda fanboyish, but if you like that be my guest. considering they only have had 2, and none last week, I can't say for sure it will be a regular thing.

I think part of that though was that Pat is ginger, which he makes jokes of, and is therefore constantly angry. But I could imagine that they probably get a lot of door to door salesman. and often times, yelling them to go away is the best, albeit meanest, way of going about getting them to leave you alone. I can see where you're coming from though.

and honestly, woolie just seems to be over-opinionated (and is it just me, or does woolie like to bring up racist white people stuff?)
Woolie is no more opinionated than any of the others. Also I find it a bit odd that you mention Pat being ginger as a reason for him being the way he is but you're uncomfortable with Woolie even mentioning racism (which honestly I can't even think of specific instances you might be referring to).

Woolie is no more opinionated than any of the others. Also I find it a bit odd that you mention Pat being ginger as a reason for him being the way he is but you're uncomfortable with Woolie even mentioning racism (which honestly I can't even think of specific instances you might be referring to).
eh, I dont know. I could be looking WAY too hard into it. I'm mainly coming from his mentioning of sonyggers, and when he turned pat's dream house into something out of the shining. (I dont know the exact wording, but I think it was in podcast 16)

and I dont mind when people make jokes about their own race. Pat has welcomed the joke, and I dont see that as a bad thing.

eh, I dont know. I could be looking WAY too hard into it. I'm mainly coming from his mentioning of sonyggers, and when he turned pat's dream house into something out of the shining. (I dont know the exact wording, but I think it was in podcast 16)

and I dont mind when people make jokes about their own race. Pat has welcomed the joke, and I dont see that as a bad thing.
I got the same mental image as Woolie when Pat was describing his rural No Tresspassing sign clad dream house.

Overall, for the podcast I feel pretty much everyone is better ay letting others vpice their opinion on things than Pat is. Liam's the best at articulating his position well while allowing room for dissenting points of view.

I got the same mental image as Woolie when Pat was describing his rural No Tresspassing sign clad dream house.

Overall, for the podcast I feel pretty much everyone is better ay letting others vpice their opinion on things than Pat is. Liam's the best at articulating his position well while allowing room for dissenting points of view.
I never had that image pop in my head because I live in a more country area, and well, theres a lot of people who prefer having their privacy especially when it comes to property.

I do agree Liam is slowly climbing his way up to best zaibatsu member.

So, what did TBFP say about beyond two souls in the final part?

I am quite curious.

Yeah I'm not getting involved in this 'Discussion' but it's not a good sign if the player can predict everything that happens in a game. That's one of the reasons why I think the story of The Last Of Us is so good. I did not expect that sort of ending, even Pat himself was surprised.
Anyway, yeah the Disaster: Day of Crisis play through is awesome so far. I really liked the shout out that they gave to Firefighters. My Dad is a Firefighter and I can verify that everything they said is factually correct.
Most of the predictions that they had came from screenshots that they saw, so, I don't exactly think that the critisism that you gave is, well, legitimate.

Most of the predictions that they had came from screenshots that they saw, so, I don't exactly think that the critisism that you gave is, well, legitimate.
Whether or not the statement "it's not a good sign if the player can predict everything that happens in a game." applies to BEYOND: Two Souls doesn't matter, it's still true. I never gave a criticism of BEYOND: Two Souls, I was just making a statement.

Whether or not the statement "it's not a good sign if the player can predict everything that happens in a game." applies to BEYOND: Two Souls doesn't matter, it's still true. I never gave a criticism of BEYOND: Two Souls, I was just making a statement.
Ok.

Fair enough.

I'm sorry that I made an assumption.

On today's playthrough, Pat once again points out whenever Liam O'Brien shows up.

I'm sorry that I made an assumption.
It's OK dude I understand. You're defending a game that you like, it's only natural.

I myself actually enjoyed Heavy Rain.

That boss battle in today's Disaster was as if Time Crisis and Metal Gear had a baby. I can only imagine how much more amazing this ride is going to get.

Today on the Adventures of Liam and Matt:

Liam-kun shows us his ruthless, cunning, hunting skills!

Stayed up late to finish the Beyond Two Souls play through since who knows when videos might end up being taken down with the current Youtube flag storm.

Video removal is clearly the fault of the game designer.

Stayed up late to finish the Beyond Two Souls play through since who knows when videos might end up being taken down with the current Youtube flag storm.
Hmmm? What's this about? I heard that Konami went on a recent flag storm, but is there some other publisher that's going copywrite crazy atm?

Two Best Friends Watch Yakuza 4 (Part Zero)

Let's take an awesome trip down memory lane.​

I am totally fine with the fact they are playing Yakuza.
THAT'S a game series I'm inerested in.
I was gonna get 3, 4, and Dead Souls.
But sounds like I can just jump right to 4 and Dead Souls.
...If I even bother getting it

so the moral of the third game is:
Its all Wesker's fault. Its always Wesker's fault.

Hmmm? What's this about? I heard that Konami went on a recent flag storm, but is there some other publisher that's going copywrite crazy atm?
Actually, it's YouTube's fault this time.

They have some new program or something that is flagging transformative works that are monatinized (transformative works are completly protected from this sort of stuff legally, btw.), like reviews, LP's, and the like, and taking them down, despite game developers speaking against this stupid act.

For more information, look up DSP's new video's that talk about this situation.

Also, Ultradavid apparently wants to help DSP fight this in court.

I'll wait on their yakuza playthroughs. I need to pick yakuza 3 back up and get 4. hopefully someday before I die, I can play yakuza 5....

For people who don't listen to the podcast, on Dickbutt was a Spiderman Villain, they talk about Konami and what they did to SG.

Horah!

With all the Youtube craziness I wouldn't be surprised if the next podcast is like 3-1/2 hours long.

I wonder if the new youtube bot can catch mirrored versions of copyrighted material, I know that how a lot of videos used to sneak passed the filter.

Also the best friends talk about how Matt should just put a ring on his awesome girlfriend....

Seriously, he should do it.

For people who don't listen to the podcast, on Dickbutt was a Spiderman Villain, they talk about Konami and what they did to SG.

Horah!
What did they say about Skullgirla and Konami, specifically?

What did they say about Skullgirla and Konami, specifically?
They pretty much spoke about everything that was told to us through the Salty Cupcakes Stream.

I was actually a little surprised that Pat, who had already made clear that he doesn't care for Skullgirls, stated that "Lab Zero deserves better". I know that there is a difference between disliking a game and wanting it to suffer like this, but he seemed just as upset about this as the rest of the Zaibatsu, who probably care quite a bit about the game...