Now that Evo is finished and Fortune remains at the forefront of a lot of top player teams, I figure it's a great time to share my suggested Fortune changes to keep her more in line with the rest of the cast.
Raw damage changes
- el gato damage 900/1000/1100 -> 900/950/1000 (overall damage nerf as m.gato will no longer does as much at higher scalings due to sub 1k damage)
- st.hp damage 1000 -> 900 (gives a reason to use cr.hp in the beginning of the combo changing her routes slightly, as well as lowering damage on the cr.lk st.hp string used to poke rather safely)
- nom damage 216 x8 -> 197 x8 (removes about 80 damage when used in normal routing and 150 damage when it connects raw)
View attachment 16490
- should be given one more startup frame
- the hitbox should not fully extend until the second active frame of the move
- the hitbox that extends below her leg and is not attached to her limb should be removed making the lowest hitting hitbox only a threat when the move is properly spaced
View attachment 16492
- this should remove rising j.lk hitting beowulf and eliza
- slower overall move with the hurtbox proceeding the hitbox should make this move much easier to fight overall
- Fortune will no longer cleanly happy birthday the opponent removing some of the overpowering consistency of the move and making it much harder for her to hit dp assists startup during pressure (Note: This includes hitting the head and the opponent at the same time, very much hurting the consistency if not removing multiple headless loops in the corner)
Headless Mechanic Change
- The head can no longer be hit while on cooldown by Fortune or assists, however enemies are free to attack the head as they wish or do not wish to.
- This should lead to scenarios where fortune no longer can use the head to get in while simultaneously using that pressure to safely reset the head to continue pressure without burning an assist
- Fortune will have to be much more careful about utilizing zoom! + sneeze/nom to bully the opponents in neutral as she will be forced to wait out the increased cooldown instead of simply resetting it
- Opponents will have a much bigger window to approach/punish fortune as the head will no longer be reset in pressure in the corner after using nom/sneeze to beat reversals and keep fortune safe
Edit: Forgot to mention the metergain bug should probably be removed. 104% -> 100% normal metergain.