• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Wulf Den

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beowulf is actually the only character I don't think much of the story about because I enjoy his gameplay too much. So yeah he's great

Hyped for anything you're expecting in his storyline in particular, or just overall hyped for lore?
Personally I'm hoping for a more washed up Beowulf thats already got a lot of his legend behind him, maybe being approached by the Mafia for recruitment. However, I know sompe people are hoping for a skullgirlified retelling of the whole or at least majority of the poem.

I'ma be honest, story doesn't interest me at all. I got the game release day 360 and didnt touch story until Eliza's release.

I'ma be honest, story doesn't interest me at all. I got the game release day 360 and didnt touch story until Eliza's release.
*Cough* Even though the story's some of the best I've seen in a fighting game *Cough*
*Flies away, never to be seen again*

Hey guys, i gotta confession. Im more hyped about beo storyline then his moves.
"lol look at the guy playing it for the story" gets thrown around fighting game communities as much as "lol look at the guy playing it for the gameplay" around RPG communities.

While I'd like Skullgirls to have as many players as possible (in particular, online players that I get the chance to play with), it's every man's right to enjoy the game however he fancies. You paid for the product like everyone else and use it in your way, who is there to judge and/or belittle.

Beowulf is actually the only character I don't think much of the story about because I enjoy his gameplay too much. So yeah he's great
I ain't even expecting anything off his storyline and gameplay... all I know is he is prime BEEFCAKE, and that's already an okay on my book since day one.

Nah it's a sexy fireman. For reals.
Additional LOLS if it ends up being partly based on Joe Manganiello's Big Dick Richie in his fireman costume (with the dick wiggle and all). :PUN:

In my head canon, Beowulf has a kind of a Ken Masters thing going on, but with more kids. Twin boys, Romulus and Remus, and daughter Lupe. They get into massive tickle fights upon his return home after one of his wrestling adventures. His (common law) wife, Daciana, nourishes him with sustenance of all kinds.

I'm also excited to see where his actual story can go, especially with him being a, "sort of," joke character. Lots of opportunities for laughs, or even surprise feels.

I'm sure Beowulf's story will be enjoyable in it's own way..and it will go lengths to express who the character is within the realm of the skullgirls universe. But imo story modes are sort of fire and forget type deals where you play it once and your done...especially with fighting games. Not to say Skullgirls has a bad story or that their haven't been fighting game story modes that are replayable...but the material isn't exactly tolstoy or anything. It's a fairly anime trope based jaunt into the mind of Alex Ajad. It will be enjoyable and fun, but nothing to really mull over for more than a few days...and then onto the next wave of instant gratification, until lab zero drops the title or they miraculously get more funding whichever happens first..

Whereas gameplay is something that develops over time...and will arguably keep developing even without support from lab zero. And to boot even without background you do get a certain feel for character identity or at least you can sort of figure out which characters have gameplay styles that suit your own personality and needs as a player.

But again that's my opinion. That does sort of get into into learning styles and stuff. People have different styles that affect perception of media. Some people like to read...some to listen..visual folks like chicken...or people like me or who are more hands on. So it can be quite difficult to really say what makes something good from a completely objective stance. But suffice to say we all get pieces of a larger metaphorical puzzle.

Last edited:
Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
I want a reason for people to be punching each other. "Just because," which is the reason for pretty much every fighting game (it feels like) is boring. I want characters with personality, ones that I can like or dislike. I originally didn't care about the story, but I've come to like it more and more. I appreciate it a lot more after having played other recent fighters. P4A made me want to claw my eyes out, it was so bad.

My favorites are Hakan and Hugo...because their motivations can literally be summed up as.."wants to cover world in oil" and "wants to be a giant potatoe"

The motivations of the characters in injustice were okay...joker makes superman kill lois and his unborn child..still a trash game but the story was neat thanks to being comically grimdark.

Well this one was an old motivation for beowulf but i want his motifs to be that his friend was killed by a gigan. So in honor of his friend hes goes on a journy to fight the strongest "monster" of them all; The skullgirl.

Only thing I ask for in story mode. If Beowulf has to fight Marie she can be grabbed. If not than screw that fight and have him fight Eliza so the bulk of his moveset isn't invalidated.

I tried Arcade Mode with Beowulf.
Marie is a fucking nightmare.

I hope beowulf will turn into a werewolf type creature just like valkenhyn from blazblue

what? on hard mode? all i did was smash her with j.hp for her first phase then used armored c.hp for the second and then just supered her once and did some quick air chains back into Super until she dead.

That is super unlikely.

I'm fucking depressed, someone give me some good news.

um... if you do forward wulf cannon and then cancel it into the ground it's +7 on block. ( oh wait that's not good news that's the type of stuff that would make me cry.) Uh the rest of Beo's stuff should come out in two weeks? I:^I i'm trying my best here.

Capture.PNG

Just wanted to post this here:
fOq4PN8.jpg

some Beo vs Grendel moment there.

Reactions: SanoBaron
Andre was a big dude and a godamn legend.

He was the inspiration for the andore characters in final fight (as well as hugo)..

And a party machine known to drink kegs of beer at a time. He once was so drunk that he passed out in a hotel lobby...and since no one could move him they just left him there overnight.

He also purportedly got heckled in a bar by a bunch of drunks at one point...and when they came out of the bar their car had been flipped upside down. And what's surprising there is Andre never actually lifted or worked out. He was just that strong all by himself. He'd still lose in a real life fight with Meng, but Meng is an unstoppable monster capable of pulling people's limbs off irl.

Additionally Andre was quite claustrophobic because of being so big. After a long flight to japan he once got trapped in an elevator with far more people than he would have liked and promptly emptied out the thing with a fart. All those poor Japanese businessmen.

And he was french.

A famous italian singer named Mango died yesterday of heart attack. His brother died today, at his brother funeral, of heart attack. I'm not kidding. This happened. Cheers

Andre was a big dude and a godamn legend.

He was the inspiration for the andore characters in final fight (as well as hugo)..

And a party machine known to drink kegs of beer at a time. He once was so drunk that he passed out in a hotel lobby...and since no one could move him they just left him there overnight.

He also purportedly got heckled in a bar by a bunch of drunks at one point...and when they came out of the bar their car had been flipped upside down. And what's surprising there is Andre never actually lifted or worked out. He was just that strong all by himself. He'd still lose in a real life fight with Meng, but Meng is an unstoppable monster capable of pulling people's limbs off irl.

Additionally Andre was quite claustrophobic because of being so big. After a long flight to japan he once got trapped in an elevator with far more people than he would have liked and promptly emptied out the thing with a fart. All those poor Japanese businessmen.

And he was french.

He also always wanted to go to a Broadway show, but never did because he didn't want to block other people's view.

Also, fantastic in The Princess Bride.

A famous italian singer named Mango died yesterday of heart attack. His brother died today, at his brother funeral, of heart attack. I'm not kidding. This happened. Cheers

That is kinda insane...

Reactions: SanoBaron
Andre the amazing Giant!

I always rooted for him. he was amazing to watch growing up. That match at Wrestlemania against Hulk was best thing i ever saw as a kid. the stare down, the excitement running all around the arena. the hype was just too real.

those were great times. Great stories and legends.

Thanks Chicken.

Reactions: chickenwithtie
I'll let you curse about Kamen Rider for free today if that helps.

I already do that whenever I want.

But not for free ;P
What are you talking about, it's always free. In fact I'll do it now, Kamen Rider is worse than Naruto.
See, that didn't cost me anything.

Well yeah because I said it's free today.

trollface.png

Did you come to this thread just to fuck with me or do you actually have something to say that isn't totally worthless?

Aww Deni. For serious, if you need, PM me and you can vent and stuff. It might help you.
I still find it funny, tho. Mango+Mango to death

Reactions: Denizen
Did you come to this thread just to fuck with me or do you actually have something to say that isn't totally worthless?

Why am I even trying... goodbye, have fun with depression and stuff.

Heres a joke.

CM Punk once shit himself on Smackdown, and now he'll get the chance to shit himself in the octagon....because that's what happens when you die.

Reactions: Jimbob
Status
Not open for further replies.