• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Wulf Den

Status
Not open for further replies.
For sure! They definitely got like Gilbert Gottfried.

Nah man. Scott McNeil doing his Ken Masters voice.

Reactions: SanoBaron
he strikes me as another guy who has become too high profile...not that he doesn't have a history of being in every game ever.

well, nowadays he kinda is. just usually not the main character.

Steve Blum is impossible, @WayForger confirmed that for us a while ago.
That is unless plans have changed.

Well let's see what can be assumed.

It's not anyone who will break the budget (inferred).

Vo's have ranged from fairly decorated recognizable names to relative unknowns (goku versus the game trailer's announcer).

And Lab Zero are actively veering away from obvious choices (like when we asked them about the tager vo).

Could easily be a friend of Erin Fitzgerald or the devs (remember when Kyle Herbert and various others showed up at the breast cancer drive).

let's also not count out youtube celebrities as some have shown to be interested, ie, Max and Arin.

Arin was ruled out actually...someone suggested it to him and he retweeted Lab Zero. Apparently tryouts have been and gone. Unless there is some deception going on...which is potentially another possibility in which case you can throw out everything in my last post.

I can't say anything about max other than I sort of agree with Denizen. I would however, say that Markiplier has an immaculate smooth velvety baritone.

Last edited:
also, I use the term "youtube celebrity" very losely. I do remember Max was interested, and seeing as he is friends with Painwheel's VA, he could be a possibility.
not to mention I also kinda was all on board with it at the time.
also, I use the term "youtube celebrity" very losely.

I remember that too from around the time period of the indygogo.

hmmm did Tomar try out for Beo's voice? cause in the back of my mind i think he did or something. -_-" man i'm too tired to think about this. i'll just see the new Beo stuff added onto him step by step cause L0 is awesome like that.

The problem I have with YouTube celebrities as voice actor candidates is that every time they're mentioned it's almost never with the character's best interests at heart. For real, would Markiplier or Egoraptor really be right for Beowulf? Y'all know what they sound like right? Motherfuckers just want the dork they watch to be in the game they barely play.

I remember Tomar being excited about the part, but I haven't seen enough of his range to see whether he could differentiate that much from the announcer voice. And the two even sounding slightly similar would be weird.

hmmm did Tomar try out for Beo's voice? cause in the back of my mind i think he did or something. -_-" man i'm too tired to think about this. i'll just see the new Beo stuff added onto him step by step cause L0 is awesome like that.

He did actually!! But he's not really a wrestling guy, so he wasn't sure how to exactly do the voice they needed. At least that's what it seemed like from this video... sec...

I remember Tomar being excited about the part, but I haven't seen enough of his range to see whether he could differentiate that much from the announcer voice. And the two even sounding slightly similar would be weird.

Yeah, that's why it didn't make sense to me when he did that Stanley short animation and people said he should do the voice. It still sounds like Tomar so... idk...

The problem I have with YouTube celebrities as voice actor candidates is that every time they're mentioned it's almost never with the character's best interests at heart. For real, would Markiplier or Egoraptor really be right for Beowulf? Y'all know what they sound like right? Motherfuckers just want the dork they watch to be in the game they barely play.

I understand that, and if the voice doesn't work it doesn't work. But imagine if the voice does work? Ego doesn't fit the part, but Mark seems close. Even if people don't get serious about SG, him promoting it could help the game grow so much.

Last edited:
It could be telling that they are unable to wrangle him for a salty quite yet.

It could be telling that they are unable to wrangle him for a salty quite yet.

But that could be anyone honestly... most voice actors have regular day jobs or if they voice act full time they get called in for other jobs whenever studios are available.

The same VA as Chell and Gordon Freeman.

Didn't Chell have a voice actor tho, I mean she grunted.

But that could be anyone honestly... most voice actors have regular day jobs or if they voice act full time they get called in for other jobs whenever studios are available.
This. Scheduling can be insane for job to job, let alone popping in to event(s) especially at this time of year.

*scratches nose* well have you tried out for the voice mr.dingo? cause you have an okay wulf voice... (Braindrain is still awesome though)

So much for you "not being worried", hah.

Not worried, you confirmed it wasn't someone so now I have more of a chance of guessing who it is. My list of possible voice actors has gone from 1,000,000 to 999,999. I'll figure out who it is before it's announced at this pace!

ayyeee mike doing the russian accent for beowulf...wait didn't he voice a egret? @Mike_Z you voiced an egret right?

@agent13 You can't just tag Mike whenever you want, you have to have something worthwhile to say.

@agent13 You can't just tag Mike whenever you want, you have to have something worthwhile to say.

I asked him if he was a v.a because i think i read somewhere that he voiced an egret ___shrug

I dunno i thought that would be a semi-important question

I remember Tomar being excited about the part, but I haven't seen enough of his range to see whether he could differentiate that much from the announcer voice.
Why differentiate at all.

Plot twist: Beowulf was the announcer all along.

*scratches nose* well have you tried out for the voice mr.dingo? cause you have an okay wulf voice... (Braindrain is still awesome though)
Thanks! I love to do my Dr. Doom Brain Drain voice (a bit more than my Wulf voice tbh, heresy I know)

Hah, nope, didn't know about the Wulf auditions actually. Though a while back (2011 I think?), I did contact Cristina Vee to ask about general auditions and trying out, she was really nice and helpful, but my location was an issue, I couldn't make it to L.A., so no dice.

So, add "able to be in la during tryouts" to my list post.

And can I just say that Max wants to be in a fighting game as a character and or voice actor...but at the same time I don't want to hear the word "dude" that much ever.

Last edited:
So, add "able to be in la during tryouts" to my list post.

And can I just say that Max wants to be in a fighting game as a character and or voice actor...but at the same time I don't want to hear the word "dude" that much ever.

Max seems like a cool guy... but I can't watch his stuff consistently for reasons like that. Plus I mean, is he qualified to tell other people how to play fighting games? He's not the best...

I was okay with Max because he was popular at the time.
nowadays, he's alright. I hate how he's so stream heavy now.
though now I don't think he'd be suitable for Beowulf.
Matt Mercer would be my ideal pick.

Plus I mean, is he qualified to tell other people how to play fighting games? He's not the best...

Well holy hell this is super off-topic he's mainly qualified to tell other people how to play fighting games because he actually did it. Beginner friendly tutorials aren't the most common things in the fgc and the fact that he made one that was so open to people who had never touched a fighting game before that is pretty much what set him apart from the rest of the combo videos and character tutorials floating around the web.
And to be entirely fair to the dude, his tutorial videos are mainly just compilations of scattered information in a cohesive manner, it's not all his own experience at least I don't think it is.

But yeah, I cannot see his voice coming out of Beowulf at all.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Status
Not open for further replies.