• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Toonami Thread

I'd rather not have any Magical Girl shows on Toonami, but I probably won't notice them next to DBZ Kai.

the thing is that ViZ puicked up Sailor Moon, and is not gonna do any of the americanizations of it like the original series got on toonami when it was first on it. albeit those were still good times I had with the original dub. so all the more reason to bring it back along with DBZ.

I'm just saying it wouldn't hurt to have animations for various ages in the time slot.

also, it means we get more Sailor Mars!
End_Move_Of_Mars.jpg

and I know a certain McMuscles who wouldn't be opposed to that!

The thing is, I can't go back to Sailor Moon.
There's just...so many other better Magical Girl animes out there after it...
It's the same thing that happened to FMA after Brotherhood.

I haven't seen a good one yet.

The thing is, I can't go back to Sailor Moon.
There's just...so many other better Magical Girl animes out there after it...
It's the same thing that happened to FMA after Brotherhood.
that doesn't mean one of the forerunners of the genre should just be left in the dust. you wouldn't have your precious madoka if sailor moon hadn't made a genre that withstood the test of time!

IT HAD LESBIAN MAGICAL GIRLS BEFORE MADOKA! it's not that special!

I haven't seen a good one yet.
I never would have guessed.

Reactions: EA575
Madoka basically just ripped off Sailor Moon, aged the girls down, and made it a billion times more grim edgy
plus it didn't even have anyone like Jupiter, who is the best Sailor Scout

Reactions: SanoBaron
I'd rather have Madoka Magica than Sailor Moon.
Better yet, show all the Madoka Movies on Toonami.
best of both:
the series then wrap up with a Rebellion movie night

because LOVE.

plus it didn't even have anyone like Jupiter, who is the best Sailor Scout
Jupiter fo' lyfe!
Sailor_jupiter_pose.jpg

Jups is objectively the best girl and no one can tell me otherwise

Imma leave this thread for now.

them other scouts aint got SHIT on Jupiter. what they got? bubbles? fire? moon powers? ... hearts?

Jupiter literally has the hand of GOD AND NATURE IN HER ARSENAL! the sheer greatest force of the elements is at her disposal!

Last edited:
She'll also straight up punch your shit out with even transforming
like goddamn where can I sign up for some of that

like, they should've just made the show with just Mars, Jupiter, and Venus.

the legs, the powerhouse, and the OG.

omigawd! what if Vee voiced one of the scouts in the new dub! what if Takeuchi herself wants the SG voice actresses to be in the new dub?!

EVEN MY PANTSU WOULD BE WET IF THAT WERE TO HAPPEN! because I'd do a spit take if that happens.

Last edited:
She'll also straight up punch your shit out with even transforming
like goddamn where can I sign up for some of that

0025.jpg 0024.jpg

Indeed. Do not piss Makoto off.

It had Disturbed in the background, Icarus, Goku giving life to a deceased animal, and final form cooler...the movie was not lame.

Reactions: Denizen
It's never fun to watch our hero get beat up. I see where you are coming from though.

I never even thought of how Cristina Vee would sound at the end of it.
She tweeted a pretty hilarious "HOMURA NO!" when Rebellion had its us theater showings

also is it new news that movies #1 & #2 are getting dubs? because i just heard that.

Reactions: Jutsei
So Cooler was awful.

Black Lagoon was fucking boss though.

Are you all done talking about magical girls and pants soiling? OK good, I was never much of a DBZ fan but I don't ever remember an instance where I wasn't enjoying myself watching an episode. First time watching a movie and I have to say I wasn't completely disappointed.
There were a few boring parts but overall it wasn't half bad, it just didn't wow me. I would have stayed up for the rest of Toonami but today is my first day at a new job so I needed the sleep.

guys what if they brought back Rurouni Kenshin

If there's any condolence, there's Meta-Cooler, the follow-up movie.
I distinctly remember that movie having a whole lot more action.
I know I am a huge DBZ fan, grew up with it. Goku actually kills cooler in The Return of Cooler because he "doesn't deserve to live" because of his lack of respect to life.

Damn man, some people just don't respect old school anime.

so Toonami just announced they're running Gurren Lagann starting this August 16th.

so that's neat. maybe its a lead up to KLK in the future?

note that Gurren has already aired in the US on the Sci-Fi channel. Or SyFy or whatever name it goes by.

KLK might be too lewd (or at least will be heavily edited) for Toonami, but I wouldn't mind it airing. Just like FLCL a good show to turn my brain off and enjoy the ride. Based off what Jason said earlier on the subject don't raise your hopes up about this show appearing on the lineup.

If they can air Black Lagoon, I'm sure they can air Kill la Kill despite the reasons why one would think otherwise (Black Lagoon: lots of swearing, KLK: near/full nudity).

Reactions: Crayolan
I don't think there's much to censor, there's no nipples, except for some certain parts.
Though I think some of the lewdness might be too much
(especially that scene with Ragyo and Satsuki in the tub.)

They're getting hit after hit after hit. I hope they could replace FMA: Brotherhood with the original FMA eventually, just for one run, then stick Brotherhood back on.

Although I am sure they are going to use the dub, I would be so much more willing to devote more time to sitting through Bleach and Shippuden to get to subbed TTGL. The dub is ass.

Although I am sure they are going to use the dub, I would be so much more willing to devote more time to sitting through Bleach and Shippuden to get to subbed TTGL. The dub is ass.

They've already said on air that they won't be airing subs. Ever.