• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Toonami Thread

Looks like I wasn't paying attention. And that's really just too bad. Oh well, at least i have the series on DVD.

Last edited:
Toonami just announced they're running Gurren Lagann starting this August 16th.
YEEEEEAAAAAH!!! IT'S ABOUT TIME THEY TOOK UP THE GREATEST SHOW EVER!
Personally I think the Gurren Lagann dubs are amazingly well done, but that's just my opinion.

If it's a matter of opinion, then I see the dub of TTGL as god awful. It, hands down, is the worst dub I have ever heard for a series. Kill la Kill runs a close second. But, Toonami will air it. I am happy that people will get to see the show. You just won't find me up at 2 AM tuning in to Toonami for Gurren Lagann. I hope they get JoJo.

And that they do freakin' Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency.

I can see them doing stardust crusaders first and maybe doing parts 1 & 2 as sort of a "see where the bloodline began!" kinda deal.

edit: it does suck that they can't get Gundam Wing on the air. An OG of toonami would be really awesome.

and didn't they say before that they wouldn't be able to air kill la kill without censoring it?

Last edited:
If I remember correctly they said it on their tumblr. I could be wrong but I could have sworn they said it.

tbh, I can see other channels picking up klk instead, like spike or syfy. I mean, with Toonami back I can see other channels try to jump back into the late night anime fray.

syfy treated ttgl pretty right when they aired it.

sorry for double posting BUT

ANYWHO, seeing as Toonami might be open to have Toonami originals returning to the block, what all would you guys like to see return? for me its:
Outlaw Star
(the good) Tenchi series
and Sailor Moon. Original or Crystal

Yu Yu Hakusho uncut version, not the censored version toonami took from AS back in the day.
Outlaw Star definitely
Trigun
Ruroni Kenshin

Thats all I can think of for now but I'm sure there's more.

they did say they can't air Gundam Wing "YET" so I'm gonna take that yet as they want to.

correction on my part

"we love Gundam Wing, but we can't air it right now"

If I remember correctly isn't the whole gundam series in some kind of legal dispute as to who really owns it? Trying to remember but I think that's still an ongoing issue? Or I might be pulling shit out of my ass I don't remember at this point.

at least it seems like they do want to bring Gundam back to the block.

I really wonder how they'd cut and distribute Unicorn if they did that one.

toonami needs to air panty and stocking and kill la kill although after the trailer ive seen the dub for kill la kill is looking bad

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Or maybe they're hoping to do a different Gundam.
The most general consensus is people want A Gundam, they don't really care which one.

As long as it's not SEED or 00. I hate those. Of course in a perfect world, I'd be asking them for G Gundam reruns.

The Kill la Kill dub is superb the Hell you talking about?
Every character is pretty spot-on.
And we don't know what Nui or Ragyo will sound like because they're like two or three volumes away.

eh, from what I've heard from the dub, its okay at best.

As long as it's not SEED or 00. I hate those. Of course in a perfect world, I'd be asking them for G Gundam reruns.
I doubt Toonami will ever put SEED back on the air again. it turned into a bigger trainwreck than Code Geass R2.

EDIT: man fuck Code Geass R2.

Last edited:
I would kill someone for a good dub of Turn A Gundam
I would kill too many people for a good dub of Turn A Gundam

can we also air Stardust Memory? cuz I like that too.

ANYWHO, seeing as Toonami might be open to have Toonami originals returning to the block, what all would you guys like to see return? for me its:
Outlaw Star
(the good) Tenchi series
and Sailor Moon. Original or Crystal
Isn't Outlaw Star still in the infinite abyss of US Bandai's shows? Since they shut down its kinda unclear what's up with that.
Tenchi is kinda in the same situation?
Sailor Moon could happen. Crystal depends on how good the adaptation is. Original may happen since I doubt Viz would just re-dub the entire 200+(?) episode run without something like that in mind.

Especially since Bleach is going to be done real soon.

they could always redub Tenchi.

I mean, they did air that not-Tenchi Tenchi GXP and I could have sworn some of the voice actors returned for some of the episodes that featured the old cast.

Kill La Kill has a dub? I did not know this.

You know what should be on toonami
image.jpg

Reactions: SanoBaron
It's a pretty good dub too
they seem to cast to match the japanese voice actors and not for the characters though. I'd rather people cast for a character not the voice actor.

I'd be up for some Fairy Tail.

Aren't they already showing One Piece, though (ha-cha-cha-cha)

Aren't they already showing One Piece, though (ha-cha-cha-cha)
One piece ran it's course. Time for another long running shounen to take the scene

y'know, the FT is barely anything like One Piece.

Well, I would make some snide remark involving Toriko
but I honestly don't like the anime of that series in spite of enjoying the dub cast

these conflicts are a major pain

The dub broadcast got to Enies Lobby?
niiiiice, I wish I still watched TV so I could see that shit going on.

It, hands down, is the worst dub I have ever heard for a series.
That's really weird man, that's like saying that puppies and kittens are the most hideous creatures in the world.
I think there are way waaay waaaaay worse dubs than Gurren Lagann. For instance, most of what's now on Toonami. Are you sure that we're listening to the same thing? 'Cause to me, this doesn't sound bad at all.

I mean it's fine that you don't like the dubs, I'm not trying to argue that they're good, I just find it really odd that you would think that they're worse than this garbage. I mean there must be a reason for it, I just want to know what it is.

Well, Funimation pushes FT quite a bit, so I wouldn't be too surprised if it shows up one day.