• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

What if Skullgirls was censored by 4Kids

SGmoPky.jpg
This is great. You are great.:PUN:

What did we JUST go over? :(
Did you NOT SEE THE MISSING QUOTATION MARKS I ACCIDENTLY DELETED SO IT DECIDED TO NOT BE A SPOILER. GET OFF MY D ICKY IM DONE OMW OUT OF THIS KUSOGE THREAD................ <3

Reactions: Guymelef
I'd legit prefer to have Stuff's Fortune and BallotBoxer's Valentine over what is actually in-game. Funny how when placed next to those, it's actually the original art that inspires the thought "bold fanart" by comparison.

I'm not indifferent to ladies' charms but there's a time and place for everything, while the middle of a fast-paced match isn't a situation when one can really concentrate on those anyway. I don't feel the game would lose anything from its "sexy but strong and in-control female characters" theme without the underboob, cleavage and panty shot.

Some people might not have gotten interested in the game this way, but it's not the kind of audience that stayed for the gameplay anyway + to even it out, some others who otherwise didn't give the game a chance would perhaps do so. And maybe, maybe, the game and its players would be taken a bit more seriously by people outside of the community.

Last edited:
Why would anyone create a thread like this? Anyways, looks fun for doing edits and such. But I won't venture on this, I'm 100% against any form of censorship in any media. I know this is a thread for fun, it's just the idea that scares me, let the artists run wild and free. o.O'

Why would anyone create a thread like this?
Because 4kids is almost universally hated and simultaneously laughed at across the internet. Anything that might come close to their standards in practice is almost instantly funny.

It's the 4kids humor law. Ironically the only thing that they managed to make funny...

George Takei voice: Oh my!

Speaking of Eliza...

ZC1AGj7.jpg

Captured by Eliza's water powers, innocent Cerebella is knocked out and defeated!

Because 4kids is almost universally hated and simultaneously laughed at across the internet.

BM8BGtE.jpg

Left: 4Kids, Right: Original

True, 4kids and their ilk rightfully deserve Internet ridicule. This thread is for all the blood splotches cleaned off of DBZ characters, for the sportswear Melfina had to wear and an entire episode omitted in Outlaw Star, and for all the weird phrasing in Gundam Wing. For the hundreds of compromises given in the irrational belief in some kind of betterment.

Sometimes the people at 4kids were kind of creative. Look at the second one. Someone inspired Shovel Knight

Reactions: RQ
True, 4kids and their ilk rightfully deserve Internet ridicule. This thread is for all the blood splotches cleaned off of DBZ characters, for the sportswear Melfina had to wear and an entire episode omitted in Outlaw Star, and for all the weird phrasing in Gundam Wing. For the hundreds of compromises given in the irrational belief in some kind of betterment.
let's all remember that there was a point where 4kids wasn't batshit insane over making sure the kiddies don't get corrupted. remember Ultimate Muscle?

and lemme tell you, that episode of Outlaw Star would've had to be censored for at least one scene, the point where you can see Aisha's clan clans.

Squigly is alive so the kiddies don't get scared.

We here at 4Kids Entertainment believe in bringing you the best quality entertainment blah blah blah.
Ms.Fortune is very Fortunate to have 4Kids on her side.

o9WKleE.jpg

viMfZIx.jpg

dhalsim fortune... think about it.

Because it would have made the game better.
funnily enough, there's a certain percentage of these suggestions that make me say "huh. that's actually kinda neat."

Reactions: Titanium and Smarts
We here at 4Kids Entertainment believe in bringing you the best quality entertainment blah blah blah.
Ms.Fortune is very Fortunate to have 4Kids on her side.

o9WKleE.jpg

viMfZIx.jpg

dhalsim fortune... think about it.
WTF?
StormScreen9Bigeyes.png

Squigly is alive so the kiddies don't get scared.
That might not be necessary, death has been implied (and sometimes shown on screen) on many cartoons. The Amazing World of Gumball, for example, has started showing death in the series by season 3.

Reactions: aydensnake
Amazing World of Gumball wasn't made by 4Kids tho.

I think it would be ok if it was implied, but not shown, that Squigly died. Also she wouldn't be missing her left eye and Leviathan would crawl through her head because...reasons.
sFacbY9.jpg

99% more flesh.

I just realized i forgot a couple places. deal with it.
That's actually more disturbing than the original

Everyone must wear pants!

q7H38Dg.jpg

With her trusty magnifying glass, Princess Parasoul detects the Skull Heart is nearby.

And I think I figured out why I find Stuff's Fortune edit in the first post of the thread so appealing. The clothes fit her more. She appears more comfortable. There's a slight wrongness about the underboob. Not in the prudish sense (oh no! her epidermis is showing!) but in the sense she's wearing the wrong size. In many TV shows and movies a character is portrayed as a buffoon by wearing clothes that don't fit (e.g. "My suit shrank in the wash, so now I'm odd by society's standards! How foolish am I to not equip suitable garments.").

Detective Princess Parasoul: Double Trouble

I'd watch it.

what did you do to her cross
Religious symbols are often banned so the inverted cross has become a double dagger glyph (‡). Alternatively, I was going to turn it into a number sign (#), as if she was hashtag obsessed and instead of a magnifying glass, it would be a cellphone. "OMG. I gotta tweet about this Skull Heart thing I found. #SkullGirlPower #onewish"

i saw this in the bugs section and thought of this thread. those pointy sharp blades are way too scary!

though really, maybe carol would look better without the wheel? hrmm.

Reactions: mcpeanuts