• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

What if Skullgirls was censored by 4Kids

I'm pretty sure grenade launchers, RPGs, and TNT pass the 4kids edits

I'm pretty sure grenade launchers, RPGs, and TNT pass the 4kids edits
Nah, actually a really strange edit they was replace Dalton's tnt with a sword.
"How do we censor violence? With violence!"
I keep trying to find a picture of it but it's not showing up.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
To 4Kids and the like, anything some dumb kid will easily imitate is their biggest fear. While a spiked mace would do more damage, it is "safer" compared to the handgun in Daddy's trophy case. This insanity is the reason (lack of reason?) most guns are turned into laser guns in cartoons (see G.I. Joe, Spider-man, X-Men, etc.). As if the censors believe that a kid won't play pretend with a gun because it doesn't shoot energy bolts like on TV.

And now for something else censors fear: cleavage.
RKkulo9.jpg
9PiFxss.jpg

Kind of a "what would Cerebella wear in the winter?" thing.

Is it bad I like the cerebella above me, T shirt and shorts fortune, and Longer skirt filia more?

Reactions: Kuzlalala
Stuff's Fortune is my favorite.

How would they censor Eliza? I don't think they'd bother much with her clothes (would 4Kids bother covering up Nami when she wears a bikini top?), but blood, they can't abide.

JkCQBOc.gif

Eliza using her notorious sand powers

Think of all the hours lost to artists told to go frame by frame erasing bloody smears and scratches in DBZ. Blood is deleted on sight in nearly every series I can think of. Even today in major motion pictures in North America, blood is a key factor with ratings (e.g. bloodless gunfights, Wolverine can cleanly stab everyone to stay PG-13, etc.).

Um... It kind of looks like she's peeing... Otherwise, nicely done, especially with the swirly bits on her upper thighs.

Reactions: Muro
Hahaha, you make a good point. I'd recommend seeking medical attention if your pee is a warm opaque gold color. I tried using a method that would be a quick fix for censors: a color key (auto grab all the red) and hue/saturation tweak. Takes a few seconds each frame.
Great, now I can't unsee the pee

Looks more like honey to me.

Hahaha, you make a good point. I'd recommend seeking medical attention if your pee is a warm opaque gold color. I tried using a method that would be a quick fix for censors: a color key (auto grab all the red) and hue/saturation tweak. Takes a few seconds each frame.
Great, now I can't unsee the pee

Eliza get's completely cut out.
There was no Eliza all along.

Reactions: DDB
Eliza get's completely cut out.
There was no Eliza all along.
Your 1984 approach is plusgood.

Reactions: timidDot
They would just turn Eliza's blood into Sand. I forgot what character they did this too. but im certain this happened before.

You know why you guys like the censored versions better? Gives more design to the costumes. More to look at, in terms of character.

Reactions: Excarius
Mike should create a new DLC called "halalgirls". Imagine Filia wearing a hijab and Squigly a turban. Cerebella drawn as a arabic belly dancer with net covering her whole body and mouth(l-lewd). Parasoul saying "Ummayads, roll up" while bunch of men attacking to the enemy with scimitars. No need to fix Big Band, he's already halal with his good clothing after all

To the other posters who did the censors: Ma'ashallah brothers, keep up the good work. We'll develop this game in the name of Allah inshallah.

Mike should create a new DLC called "halalgirls". Imagine Filia wearing a hijab and Squigly a turban. Cerebella drawn as a arabic belly dancer with net covering her whole body and mouth(l-lewd). Parasoul saying "Ummayads, roll up" while bunch of men attacking to the enemy with scimitars. No need to fix Big Band, he's already halal with his good clothing after all

To the other posters who did the censors: Ma'ashallah brothers, keep up the good work. We'll develop this game in the name of Allah inshallah.
I'd play with this DLC all day.

I also designed all of the hijab Skullgirls cast but I haven't published it yet. [emoji14]

Reliving this thread, I don't want to create another thread just for discussing about this.
So, Eliza's sand powers is kinda fitting since she's the Cleopatra of Skullgirls.
I personally want Sekhmet to be changed from a bloodthirsty parasite who wants to rule over the world to a parasite that wants to return the old gods of ancient Egypt back and prosper on the new lands of her own as, of course, the goddess of her own being.

I thik the only character NOT needing edits is good ol BB.

Dont forget they'd probably just outright add their own new character without anything from L0. They've added entire extra scenes to movies, they'd do it to SG as well!

Dont forget they'd probably just outright add their own new character without anything from L0. They've added entire extra scenes to movies, they'd do it to SG as well!
Let's replace Fukua ripping Filia's face off with Fukua and Filia sitting on the beach at sunset holding hands while "Return To Normalcy" plays on the background.

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
Gehenna wouldn't exist

No It would exist but it would be called "The ruins" and be either complete darkness or a dark cave.

I assumed that would just use phones.

ET1982.jpg

Reactions: aydensnake
But how would they censor Ms. Fortune's blood when dashing? make it be sweat?

It's, uh,
magic life gem juice, um, or something.
A byproduct of the fact that she literally never bleeds, yeah that's it.

Reactions: aydensnake
Guys, D. Violet.

Pagan motifs, masochism... how do you censor that? Make a new alter ego for Miss Victoria?