• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

WHO YALL LIKE!? (THUR/10PM EST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mcpeanuts and I meet said baby requirements.

Who voted for us? :p

You wanted to see Brand play more than Brand? You make Blandaid sad.
got me #exposed #fraud #bodybagged #fucksage #gottemz

I agree with Khaos' requirements. I mean, it's OK to have unknown people playing at WYL, but let's at least put people that actually know how to do something more than s.HK(x3) xx EKG with Val.

Some intermediate matches would be perfectly OK for me.

Can we make the requirements of:
- Must know a combo and be able to do it consistently
Define "consistently".

Reactions: dekillsage
Define "consistently".
Consistent = I don't have the potential to make lunch money by betting on the number of times that you will drop the combo unless we're playing high rollers

Edit: I can't help but feel that there is a lot of misunderstanding going on with this topic.

Last edited:
I was told by someone way better than me that I don't have to know combos to play this game and be good at it. So saying people HAVE to know combos in order to qualify kind of shuts out people like me who don't take that kind of approach to the game.

Just my two cents

Reactions: DaydreamingSorc
I'm gonna put myself down on the line and open for a match next thursday. I sure as shit don't know who to call out though. I would maybe say Hopscawtch just to see where he's at after all this time, but, nah, I don't wanta torture the poor guy, he's already so depressed. And nah, you should definitely know how to at least BnB some. Can't just whiff shit everywhere.

I'm open for anyone who wants to take a whiff at me, I suppose. Except for MegamanDS cause I can't stop his Biggo Bando with my Biggo Bando.

I was told by someone way better than me that I don't have to know combos to play this game and be good at it. So saying people HAVE to know combos in order to qualify kind of shuts out people like me who don't take that kind of approach to the game.

Just my two cents
If you can be good at a game like this without even putting in the level of effort needed to learn a simple, effective combo that works for you, then there is a problem, or everything else about your gameplay is panty-dropping amazing.

But again, it's not like anyone is saying, "This should be limited to top players. All 5 of them." Seeing unknown players is great, just be able to show that you have some idea of what you're doing.

Reactions: Icky
minor leagues while voting would be nice, waiting on negus to get suggestions took at least two sets long

or the opener can be minor league then the higher league and the last is a title match because even if the two members can get in by your requirements you can still get matches freer than noah v taluda

I think the entire point is being missed here.

This is by no means a way of exiling new players. Fresh faces are always welcome! It's a way to keep the game looking impressive.
Let's say you are a composer, And you have the option of hiring of 2 different sets of people. 1 group is a high school band that does pretty well, but is not exactly up to par for the audience's expectations. Another group is people who have musical degree's from years and years of practice and dedicated playing.
Who are you going to hire?

I think the answer is obvious. You don't hire performers who are not up to par, You hire the people who have a pretty decent Idea what they are doing.
The whole point of Who Ya'll Like is to provide Entertainment. Not to showcase sub-par play only to have people disinterested within the first 30 seconds.

The whole point of Who Ya'll Like is to provide Entertainment. Not to showcase sub-par play only to have people disinterested within the first 30 seconds.
That's why I'm suggesting putting one match during poll decisions.

Yo put me in the minor leagues I need to feel good about myself hueheu

only way to settle this is to do a who yall like ft people who have never played on wyl b4

step up step up show us your
Crazy....
skills

Reactions: WarpedEcho
I'm up to play the next WYL on this minor league with whoelse appears, if the league is actually going to be in.
Preferably someone not-european because of lag.
I've got mad bella skillz.

Reactions: CaioLugon
All I know is that I just want to be matched up against people who I think I'm at the same level of. At least that way it's not completely free. But trust me, I'm all for new faces to show up. sure no one really wants to WATCH me play, but a lot of you know how I am because of my title of "weeb king".

I had no idea who it was I played against last time, but I'm sorry for wasting your time the last time I was on.

Also, this is mostly just because unlike Salty, when I'm playing here, all eyes are on me and I have to get used to performing under pressure. That's the main reason why I volunteer myself for this.

Not to sound like an elitist-asshole-douche but it kind of blows my mind that people haven't taken the time to learn a BnB at this stage.

too bad my computer is a toaster ;-;

I'd be down to play one of you guys. never done sets with anyone before.

- Must know at least one reset and do it occasionally
- Must know a double snap combo because good lord when people don't go for easy double snaps I just get angry
- Must know your ABC's

I'm glad I won a set on WYL before the rules kicked me to the curb
twitchtv_emote_faces13.png

Its fine having newer less seasoned players.

Just make it the first match, when I did this the goal was.

1. Up n comers

2. Names you recognize but don't get too much exposure, or up n comers, or 2 strong players. Really any of the 3 work depending on the players.

3. 2 Strong Players.

4. Whatever yall want.

However, I've always felt like you have to have some kind of qualification and skill. I want being on the bill to be rewarding, knowing you worked and put in time and deserve to be apart of it. Not just "hey I want to be on, put me on."

I don't know, I don't mind it the way it is now. We just need at least one match a week to feature stronger players to show what the game is capable, to give newer players hope into becoming stronger, and to give them an idea on how the game/character on screen works.

I agree with @keninblack 's format. It sounds like a boxing exhibition, with increasing levels of skill/notability in matches as the event goes on.

Its fine having newer less seasoned players.

Just make it the first match, when I did this the goal was.

1. Up n comers

2. Names you recognize but don't get too much exposure, or up n comers, or 2 strong players. Really any of the 3 work depending on the players.

3. 2 Strong Players.

4. Whatever yall want.

However, I've always felt like you have to have some kind of qualification and skill. I want being on the bill to be rewarding, knowing you worked and put in time and deserve to be apart of it. Not just "hey I want to be on, put me on."

I don't know, I don't mind it the way it is now. We just need at least one match a week to feature stronger players to show what the game is capable, to give newer players hope into becoming stronger, and to give them an idea on how the game/character on screen works.
I like this

As a boxing fan, this works hella well.

"Oh hey pretty much what stuff said but with more words."

- Must know a double snap combo because good lord when people don't go for easy double snaps I just get angry
- Must know your ABC's

At the very least, every player can go into training mode for 30 minutes and learn the first two (with videos to mimic!). If they don't know a double snap, then at least they can learn a (basic) corner combo that damages both characters. It's not too much to ask that you can convert and reset at a basic level, that is a pretty big part of the game. If you don't qualify for any of this and you're angry for Khaos pointing it out, you need to learn how to accept the facts and put in the (minimal) effort to learn these things.

-_-

Just learn a simple BnB (don't need to optimize), learn a point where you can reset with at least two different options. That's it, imo.

Last edited:
1. Up n comers

3. 2 Strong Players.

4. Whatever yall want.
This is basically what I aim to do when I'm hosting it, although a lot of the time it doesn't work out like that since I always wait until the last minute to figure this shit out

Speaking of which who is hosting next week, maybe we could figure this out before the 11th hour for once

Reactions: Hilary
I would love to play at some point but I always have work Thursday nights. By the time I get home the festivities are usually over. I get home by 11:20ish on a good night

I would love to play at some point but I always have work Thursday nights. By the time I get home the festivities are usually over. I get home by 11:20ish on a good night
I mean you could throw your hat in for the vote match if nothing else. I would vote for that (unless Icky vs Natezer was also one of the options).

I'd like to officially enter the minor leagues if I may (the times I was up were because the person who hosted it that day wasn't able to find a match)

drewski vs sonicfox next week?

Reactions: mcpeanuts
This is basically what I aim to do when I'm hosting it, although a lot of the time it doesn't work out like that since I always wait until the last minute to figure this shit out
What's funny is that was the sort of lineup we already had before it got thrown out at the last minute. Don't get me wrong, they're both good guys and I totally respect their play, but I don't think anybody's suggesting DJAzure vs Brand as the main event any given week.

That said, looking back, I'll admit that I could have probably done a better job with the match order last time I hosted. In the event I do this again, I'll try harder to pay attention to that.

Speaking of which who is hosting next week, maybe we could figure this out before the 11th hour for once
Not feeling it this week, so I'm out.

- Must know your ABC's
Y'know this list isn't even that elitist. Still allows players with bad decision making and bad defense to appear on stream. Hell, it wouldn't even prevent another fan poll shitshow such as Yaya vs. Domo. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm under the impression we could have made that match work by shifting to a more informative style of commentary but then Negus screamed in my ear for about 30 minutes.

The match itself was entertaining enough. (still should have gone with me vs ken)

I'm under the impression we could have made that match work by shifting to a more informative style of commentary but then Negus screamed in my ear for about 30 minutes.

The match itself was entertaining enough. (still should have gone with me vs ken)
this is usually what happens when the people that are playing can actually hear me. it gets worse when you meet me in person lol

also the main reason why i canceled wing vs guitalex is because in my experience playing guitalex online is terrible and laggy. was not a fan of forcing both players to try to play through that, and also wanted to give fastturtle a chance to shine. i don't need to explain myself for brand vs azure.

also i take full responsibility for there being too much dead time between the 3rd match and the vote match. next time, i'll know to be faster with throwing in matches for the vote

Last edited:
Reactions: WarpedEcho
Status
Not open for further replies.