• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

WHO YALL LIKE!? (THUR/10PM EST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, no one wanted to hear real commentary.

Overall I think it's fair to ask players to have some measure of skill. There will be mistakes, but if there is at least one interesting moment per game I would be satisfied.

also the main reason why i canceled wing vs guitalex is because in my experience playing guitalex online is terrible and laggy. was not a fan of forcing both players to try to play through that
Sounds legit. All in favor of removing guitalex from the internet?

I'm under the impression we could have made that match work by shifting to a more informative style of commentary but then Negus screamed in my ear for about 30 minutes. (still should have gone with me vs ken)
Informative styles of commentary suck, I watch this shit to get hype not fall asleep.
Then again N E W Y O U R has the only acceptable commentary style.

Reactions: gllt
Can we make the requirements of:
- Must know a combo and be able to do it consistently
- Must know at least one reset and do it occasionally
- Must know a double snap combo because good lord when people don't go for easy double snaps I just get angry
- Must know your ABC's
These are the very bare minimum, are you guys really saying knowing the basics is elitist?

It's not elitist in the slighest to say that if you're going to play in an exhibition we'd like for you to have a clue as to what the fuck you're doing.

@Colossi just mentioned to me something about Icky versus Natezer, all credit goes to him for thinking of the idea just now

I was sitting here, doing my stuff, and out of nowhere popped into my mind
:F::F::F::Blue::GB::Blue:icky vs natezer:Blue::GB::Blue::GB::B::B::B:
this same way as showed above

Reactions: dekillsage
Sounds legit. All in favor of removing guitalex from the internet?
Oh come on.

Not my fault Negus and Wing and most SG players are so far away.

Everyone should just move to a central state. Oklahoma sound good to everyone?

The good thing is we can have setups inside our storm shelters.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Out of all the central states, you pick Oklahoma..?

ON MY WAY!

Out of all the central states, you pick Oklahoma..?

ON MY WAY!
Boomer sooner and whatnot.

Yo 3.2% beer only??? Naaaaaah fuck that
That's why God invented moonshine.

And it comes from Alabama. I lived in Oklahoma. They have fried pickles that's cool. California had good Chinese food.

Put me in, I have double snap combos I just don't use them because my corner combos carry into diamonds are forever. All of them. Even parasoul's. CEREBELLA DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TO BE ON MY TEAM.

PUT ME IN. I CAN'T LET TJ BE THE SOLE REPRESENTATION OF THE SOUTH. I CAN'T LET RED SAVARIN TAKE ALL THE FURRY GLORY. I CAN'T WATCH EAST AND WEST COAST SLAP EACH OTHER LIKE ANGRY TODDLERS ANYMORE.

I'm trying to think of some players we could get on here who are less well known than the regulars but are still good players in their own right. Looking through my friends list I think some good choices would be like, (9)Ball (Peacock/Squigly/Big Band), Blue Map (Peacock/Parasoul), NxVxRDie (not sure but last I checked he played Painwheel/Peacock/Double) and SoupySwan (idk how well known this guy actually is among the general populace but he should probably be on the show at some point, anyways he plays like everyone). Dunno if any of these guys have Skullheart accounts but I could message them on Stream and see if they'd be down. If you know any good players who aren't that well known, let us know in the thread.

Something I was also thinking about is how EU players can't realistically get on the show because of how late it starts over there. Maybe one week (this week?) we could do an EU edition, hosted by someone from over there starting at what they consider to be a reasonable time, featuring all your favorite European players like Mr Peck, Woofly, zeknife, etc.

NxVxRDie (not sure but last I checked he played Painwheel/Peacock/Double) and SoupySwan (idk how well known this guy actually is among the general populace but he should probably be on the show at some point, anyways he plays like everyone).

NxVxRDie doesn't always have friendly schedules to play but I'd love to see them get it on. Also SoupySwan would be cool too. I vote for these to get their game on sometime.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
So, @Uzumakihero, can I get my runback this week? Seriously, I'm tired of holding it. I've got new Parasoul tech and everything.

Something I was also thinking about is how EU players can't realistically get on the show because of how late it starts over there. Maybe one week (this week?) we could do an EU edition, hosted by someone from over there starting at what they consider to be a reasonable time, featuring all your favorite European players like Mr Peck, Woofly, zeknife, etc.
We could call it "Whom Do You Prefer?"

(9)Ball (Peacock/Squigly/Big Band)

Wait, wait, @mcpeanuts ⑨⑨⑨ヅペポドネスヌㄹㅎㅅㅁ쪠ㅒㅔㅐ? Because if so, I have to see this person on WYL.

Theres some good players in the leaderboards that I would love too see play on WYL.

Also there's some people from Brazil as well, @noaa is one of the best para/double I know and @Daemyx has a really nice painwheel. I really like the idea of having players from outside of the US playing on stream.

Reactions: Daemyx and noaa
I'm trying to think of some players we could get on here who are less well known than the regulars but are still good players in their own right.

I'd love to see stuff from Woofly, zeknife, Mr. Peck, Krackatoa, Dagwood, MPGame99, evilben, Infy, and CaioLugon.

There's probably other midwest and east coast people I'm forgetting too.

Reactions: CaioLugon
I'd like to see more @Natezer I wonder who he could play though?

McPeanuts or Zidiane probably have great pings with him.

Wait, wait, @mcpeanuts ⑨⑨⑨ヅペポドネスヌㄹㅎㅅㅁ쪠ㅒㅔㅐ? Because if so, I have to see this person on WYL.
I don't.... know what that means? :x

McPeanuts or Zidiane probably have great pings with him.
I was thinking more along the lines of someone who's gross versus him.

Reactions: Hilary
I was thinking more along the lines of someone who's gross versus him.
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Reactions: gllt and Hilary
I'd love to see stuff from Woofly, zeknife, Mr. Peck, Krackatoa, Dagwood, MPGame99, evilben, Infy, and CaioLugon.

There's probably other midwest and east coast people I'm forgetting too.

For me and krackatoa we can't, because our weekly FGC meetups are on thursday nights. Plus school internet is bad. Plus no one even brings a laptop w/ SG anymore since ps3 encore came out.

agreed w/ rest of those players tho.

I don't.... know what that means? :x

Then 'if not'. That was someone's name.

You know, I threw myself up open for a match by anybody if not for trying to fight sad ol' Hops, but, I think I know who else I'ma call out.

I call out Zidiane.

So, @Uzumakihero, can I get my runback this week? Seriously, I'm tired of holding it. I've got new Parasoul tech and everything.

I don't think I am doing anything this Saturday, but I think my pad is busted, so I need to find a new one.

Can we make the requirements of:
- Must know a combo and be able to do it consistently
- Must know at least one reset and do it occasionally
- Must know a double snap combo because good lord when people don't go for easy double snaps I just get angry
- Must know your ABC's

Damn, new rules are bodying me hard. Thanks Khaos. I can't even do the FIRST ONE! GODDAMNIT.

Then 'if not'. That was someone's name.
Oh. Yeah it probably wasn't him then, the guy I'm thinking of has only ever gone by (9)ball and hasn't changed his name.
You know, I threw myself up open for a match by anybody if not for trying to fight sad ol' Hops, but, I think I know who else I'ma call out.

I call out Zidiane.
Zid isn't actually able to play online due to his bullshit computer/connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.