• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Who's the strongest?

Exactly, so we're just laying out their abilities and ignoring gameplay, at least I am. (Because let's be honest here, who here IS gonna survive a ultimate showstopper irl, much less anything else that babe has to offer.)
To be fair almost no one could also survive Cerabella's crush at the end of her story (expect maybe Peacock with a cheeky teleport or andy/tommy being make of metal and possibly defying Skullgirls physics). I can only see Peacock in that situation and as the crush comes she desappers just walks up behind and pokes Cera on the shoulder.

Could we set up a standard of rating so that we can look at this objectively? I propose a modified stand rating system because Fuck you, JJBA is awesome it works pretty well.
Destructive Power: Measures the Character's strength and ability to cause destruction in a given period of time. Not only limited to the muscle of the Character, but to also its abilities combined.
  • Speed: Measures the Character's agility and performance speed.
  • Range: Measures the Character's range of manifestation, range of ability influence, and spatial mobility.
  • Durability/Staying: Measures the Character's endurance and level of susceptibility to damage and attacks. --I guess this could be interpreted as endurance
  • Precision: Measures the Character's accuracy and its ability's range of influence to specified targets.
  • Development Potential/Learning: Measures the Character's possible functions and utilization of its abilities and powers.
I also like this.
Look at Capn here, solving everyone's problems.

Reactions: CapnWTF
I'll say it again. Give me a sword and I could beat Cerebella.

I really don't think you got the right idea on the Denizen Cerebella matchup.
I mean sure you have a sword, but you have to get past a hat monstrosity with 8 feet long arms first.
Point is if it can grab you or your sword, you are dead. Considering it can easily disarm you if it grabbed your sword (It's strong!) and crush you if it grabbed you. Or heck it just punches you, even if you block it the force would send you flying. Plus a sword wouldn't really do anything to Vice Versa, it clearly doesn't give a fuck during the Ultimate Showstopper.
And I do realize this is getting ridiculous considering I'm comparing a real person fighting a fictional character, but it kinda bugged me.

To be fair almost no one could also survive Cerabella's crush at the end of her story (expect maybe Peacock with a cheeky teleport or andy/tommy being make of metal and possibly defying Skullgirls physics). I can only see Peacock in that situation and as the crush comes she desappers just walks up behind and pokes Cera on the shoulder.

Which is why Cerebella is horribly dangerous, it's a almost-money back guarantee that your'e gonna die by Vice's hand, much less being able to walk away from an encounter with here.

Let me reiterate this, just because they're low on the list, doesn't mean they're bad, they're not AS bad.

I'll say it one more time. Give me a sword and I could defeat Cerebella.

I think you're all overestimating these characters, more importantly I think you're all underestimating yourselves.
Look inside yourselves for a moment, you're all so much more capable of greatness than you currently believe yourselves to be. Beowulf is a perfect example of what a human being is capable of. He's a constant reminder to me that it's not the size of the wolf in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the wolf.
If Beowulf can defeat two Gigans in unarmed combat then why can't I defeat girl with a living weapon?

Kick reason to the curb and do the impossible! That's the way The Wulf Pack rolls!

Last edited:
Filia
Development Potential/Learning: D; Frankly put, Updo spam works.
Fixed for truth. :3

Anyway, I'm forgetting my Skullgirls lore at the moment but how exactly did Queen Nancy bought the farm? She was brought down by the combined effort of two armies, right?
This to say that even with all the mystical stuff, good ol' firepower still works in the SGverse and with that in mind, let's not be too hasty to disregard the likes of Panzerfaust.

And the heresy continues ruining amok. Don't worry Oujo-sama, I know you're better than all those floozies.

(we're not in the WulfPack this time Zen, but I do agree. The problem lies in that this is the impossible we're trying to apply reason to, so to do that would be a little counter-productive, right?)
The only real way for an everyday average guy who isn't unnaturally durable to win against Cerebella would be to swat Vice Versa off of her head. Vice Versa can't move on it's own, and Cerebella is nimble, but not necessarily strong. It would just be a game of keepaway from that point on. But if we were to go with modern weaponry, a pistol or something would make quick work of Cerebella, considering A)Vice Versa is not faster than bullets, and B) If a sword can pierce Vice Versa easily, then a bullet wouldn't be a problem. BUT WE'RE GETTING A LITTLE OFF TOPIC.

Reactions: Denizen
I mean sure you have a sword, but you have to get past a hat monstrosity with 8 feet long arms first.
Point is if it can grab you or your sword, you are dead. Considering it can easily disarm you if it grabbed your sword (It's strong!) and crush you if it grabbed you. Or heck it just punches you, even if you block it the force would send you flying. Plus a sword wouldn't really do anything to Vice Versa, it clearly doesn't give a fuck during the Ultimate Showstopper.
And I do realize this is getting ridiculous considering I'm comparing a real person fighting a fictional character, but it kinda bugged me.
Give me a tub of fried chicken, and I'll whoop the trinity. Just put the chicken on the other side of them. You don't know what I'd do for fired chiken,

Wait, is there any canon to the Skull Girls story right now? Is it like Blazblue where all the endings have happened in alternate timelines that repeat and/or will eventually converge?

As far as playable character are concerned, Double seems to be the one with the most consistently depicted level of power across everyone's story line. Peacock's capabilities and placement in the story put her up there in terms of power. Valentine waited until she was away to attack the Lab.

I'd place Painwheel as rather low considering she seems to be consistently defeated or it's shown/implied that she isn't ready to do what she was designed to do. Ms. Fortune is very low as he abilities give her versatility and a resistance to dying but nothing beyond that. Parasoul is also low seeming as she's essentially a stock human being with a weapon that relies on troop maneuvers.

Fillia and Cerebella are just kind of in there somewhere.

I haven't playe Squgly's story mode yet as I'm waiting on it to come to console so I can get the trophies.

You might wanna rank The Trinity above Annie and Double. Seeing as they're Goddesses and whatnot.

Didn't really think of them when I made that list, or Violet for that matter.

Going by the standard in which each playable girl seems to dominate the respective field.
  • Speed: Ms. Fortune. Among her few stand out skills her speed and rapidity of attacks and ability to chain make up for her lack of higher tiered powers.
  • Range: Peacock. Nothing more needs to be said.
  • Durability/Staying: Double. See above.
  • Precision: I think Parasoul. She is a pretty sharp shooter and a lot of her training is based on accuracy. Arguably Valentine could swipe this from the princess considering her "surgical" strikes.
  • Development Potential/Learning: I think Filia. Simply because she is basically the body Samson is attached to and hasn't learned a lick of real fighting for herself. If she learns to contribute to their combat seriously she could be a major threat one day. Considering non-playables ATM, Umbrella snags this based on inherent potential.

I nominate Muro for best Big Band.

I'll say it again. Give me a sword and I could beat Cerebella.

I'm liking these lists that people are posting, they're a clear and concise way of showing who you think is strongest without instigating any arguments. I want to see more of them, in fact I might make one myself.
Cerebella easily lifts 8 tons, and she (in gameplay) punches diamonds out of rocks (diamonds normally take 4 days of 850000 PSI to create (it takes 2000 PSI to crush a car), not even counting the amount of energy in heat or the velocity of the diamond). Gameplay is usually ignored when talking feats, but the source material is based on gameplay, so yeah. Anyway, those are feats. Like, do you watch Death Battle? These are the kind of things people usually point to when bringing up how strong a certain character is, or who could win in a fight. Does it make sense why I can't place characters on a chart when I can't point to things they've done to prove their strength (look at page 3 for my list)?

Cerebella doesn't lift them, Vice Versa does.

Reactions: Benji-Blacksky
Loads of stuff that I don't care about.
I'm sorry I guess I didn't make it clear earlier. Now dig the wax out of your ears and listen up because I'm only going to say this once. I NO LONGER GIVE A FLYING FUCK ABOUT ANYTHING YOU HAVE TO SAY TO ME.
NOW PLEASE STOP TALKING TO ME AND LET ME READ THIS THREAD IN PEACE.

On to more relevant matters. I asked around in Skullgirls Lore Speculaton and I found out an important piece of information that might change some people's minds about the ordering of their list, especially in the realm of Durability/Staying.
Living Weapons can in fact be killed. They can be destroyed as though they were normal weapons.

Shit, man. Fine. Fuck. I didn't think I'd feel so shitty about dealings with a member of the community so soon after NEC.

You just mad cuz Annie's stylin' all over everyone (Goddesses aside) and Minette's Cerebella's down being taken out by fodder.

Shit, man. Fine. Fuck. I didn't think I'd feel so shitty about dealings with a member of the community so soon after NEC.
You're just getting on my bad side right now. If it makes you feel any better I'm like 90% sure that we wouldn't be this abrasive with each other in person. In fact it would probably be like any other dealing you've had with a member of the community.
That being said I still don't want to hear any of the same crap I've been hearing from you in the past couple pages. Not that what you've been saying is completely unfounded, just that it's getting tiresome.

Now back to the topic at hand.

I feel better, thanks.

So, aside from Cerebella's...

Just kidding. What kind of strength evidence is there for some of the characters people place highly? Annie apparently is pretty strong and may have cosmic abilities, but I don't remember hearing of anything she's done. And Alt. Samson, how strong is that guy? I may have forgotten, but I just remember him being "alternate version of Samson that took over to accomplish his goals". And Scythana, I would feel more comfortable about trying to place her if I knew the strength of the various Egrets (since it took Parasoul and the egrets to take her down, she's probably stronger than all/most of them one-on-one).

My thing is how strong is Mrs. Victoria/D. Violet. I ask this because not only she is a "teacher" and seems to watch over others in Class Notes stage with little expression. She only seems surprised when the stage shakes. When Double changes into Victoria the kick that is copied looks very masterful and finesse. She is described as very powerful and it almost seems she could kick EVERYONE'S ass, but just chooses not to. Her personal storyline involves saving Filia, who already is a very good fighter. It's hard to know but based on the little we have seen, she seems to be one of the powerful characters canon wise in the SG universe.

I stand by my statement that next to maybe Annie Mrs. Victoria is actually extremely powerful. I repeat, for Double's level Mrs. Victoria is the final hit. That alone is a strong hint at her power.

Painwheel is still self explanatory in my opinion. She has the tools and a very strong drive. Pretty much everything everyone else said.

I stand by my statement that next to maybe Annie Mrs. Victoria is actually extremely powerful. I repeat, for Double's level Mrs. Victoria is the final hit. That alone is a strong hint at her power.
I'm not so sure about that. I mean, she's shapeshifting, but it's still Double doing the final hit. Mrs.Victoria is probably pretty strong, and if art by the team can be considered canon (in one version of the characters or another), there's that pick of Victoria sitting on Filia.
Mrs_victoria_pinup_sketch_by_oh8-d5cphzb.jpg
Painwheel is still self explanatory in my opinion. She has the tools and a very strong drive. Pretty much everything everyone else said.
I don't really think Painwheel is that strong. She loses too many fights in story mode. She loses to Filia and Valentine in their stories, and in Painwheel's story she can't beat Solo Valentine. Val did stop the fight sorta, but I'm still not sure I would say Painwheel is that strong. A good deal of it probably has to do with the interference of Braindrain on her fights and concentration, but eh.

Like, do you watch Death Battle?
Sometimes death battle can be deathly wrong. I don't trust Screw Attack with certain match-ups in the slightest. There are some characters who would just win. But then again, thats my opinion. They do usually bring up relevant, and good, information for most of them.

Sometimes death battle can be deathly wrong. I don't trust Screw Attack with certain match-ups in the slightest. There are some characters who would just win. But then again, thats my opinion. They do usually bring up relevant, and good, information for most of them.
Sorry, didn't mean "trust Death Battles decisions", just pointing to that kind of feat comparison (one I thought would be widely known). I watch them cause I like the fan-animations, for the most part.

Reactions: WayForger
So does anybody else wanna take a crack at grading a character? I already did Filia...I think we could work from there, right?

Reactions: WayForger
I think that Painwheel is very strong. The problem (in my opinion) is that Brain Drain is trying to make her fight, but she's trying her hardest to get him out of her head at the same time. The mental conflict impedes her fighting ability. Though, if Brain Drain wasn't controlling her at all, I would still have to wonder if she would have enough skill to fight effectively.

So does anybody else wanna take a crack at grading a character? I already did Filia...I think we could work from there, right?
We should just work steadily through the cast. Start with the main 8 then move forward.

Reactions: Lunerstep
So does anybody else wanna take a crack at grading a character?
I'll take a stab at the Princess.

PARASOUL
Destructive Power: by herself, a E as she's simply the most mundane of characters. With Krieg, I'd give her a B. We don't see it but I have the impression that well placed tears triggering chain explosions could tear (*snort*) a lot of things apart quite easily.
Range: B. While she can't play the distance game as effectively as Peacock, she's still better at it than most of her opponents. If we step out of the games and combine this with a clever use of Krieg and I can imagine her causing all sorts of things to collapse over her opponent.
Mobility: C. She's light on her feet but still no match to the likes of Ms. Fortune and Valentine.
Durability: C. While a normal human with no augments, she does keep herself fit meaning it will take a while before she runs out of breath. Nonetheless, keeping up with the others, who all possess meta-human strength and stamina, is still a problem.
Precision: B. As expected of a fencer, Parasoul knows how to bide her time and wait just for the right moment to strike but hers is a game of patience so she can't force the opponent into making a mistake as well as Valentine.
Development Potential/Learning: A. IMHO this is Parasoul's greatest strength. At a young age and she's already a relatively accomplished commander which means she possesses both keen insight and the ability to adapt to chaotic situations given her battlefield experience.

Threat Evaluation: B
While not the strongest of characters, Parasoul is a strategist that will exploit any and all of her opponent's weaknesses and mistakes.

PS: apologies for messing with the template but I felt Range and Mobility should be taken into account separately (at least for Parasoul). And the last bit because Guilty Gear hype yo! :3
Sorry if I completely missed the point of it though (as I habitually tend to). (.__.)

No, you got it! I think grading Mobility and Range separately is good(though I'm salty 'cus I didn't come up with it). Let's just not go changing the template willy-nilly otherwise we're back at square 1!
LOL Threat Evaluation.
I kinda want to draw one of those stat graph thingies now though.
WHO'S NEXT?!

Reactions: Balder
I think "strongest" works in the same sense it does in HxH.

It's all matchup dependent.

We see Peacock body Double, but I don't think she's outright stronger than her, she was just designed to fight monsters like her.

BUT on that note, I do think there are different tiers of strength.
In no horizontal order.

Trinity are the tops.
Tier 1:Double/Annie/Eliza(maybe)
Tier 2:Filia/Squigly/Peacock/Painwheel/Beowulf(maybe)
Tier 3:Cerebella/Fortune/Parasoul/Big Band/Valentine

That how I think it goes, until we see more about the story, so far it seems it's just better to have a parasite than use a living weapon if you want pure strength.

If we are going by outright threat evaluation like GG?

Those aren't really fair because the threat evaluation would be to who? The trinity?

If we're doing that, I'm going to say it's Annie/Peacock/Cerebella/Painwheel.

They're either cosmically tuned by some anomaly to combat them or were engineered that way.(Cerebella and Annie would work simply because one is seemingly uncorrputable pureness and the other one is at this point a force of nature while Painwheel and Peacock were created for the sole purpose of stopping shit like the trinity.)

Last edited:
ANNIE

Destructive Power: S. She has the power of the Galaxy behind her, has defeated a number of skullgirls, AND fights Double at full strength to a stalemate. There's also her Season 2 Powerup if just her standard self can't get the job done.

Range: S. You may be thinking "But she's so small!" Well, that sword isn't the only way she can get her opponents! She can release little Quasar sentries and Sagan can fire lasers.

Mobility: S. Sagan can act as a jet, not to say that Annie isn't already fast herself with her jetboots.

Durability: S. If she can stand against Double for centuries, she can take a hit or two. Plus she's immortal.

Precision: S. CENTURIES worth of fighting has hardened her skills to the point of almost being invulnerable. Should she spot a weakness, she will make sure it is annihilated. Unfortunately for whatever fool crosses Annie of the Stars, EVERYTHING they have is a weakness.

Learning Potential: S. She's had centuries upon centuries worth of opponents, she's pretty much seen it all and can deduce someone's exact fighting style purely by glancing upon them with her eye.

Threat Potential: SSSSS DO NOT FUDGE WITH OR YOU WILL PROBABLY BE EATING OUT OF A TUBE IN YOUR ARM.

Reactions: destruction_adv
Isaac would be complicated to try to grade just because he is associated with time-travel which has the potential to be broken in itself. He apparently has ties/connections/crossed paths with Aeon too so he is an enigma.

I think its kinda silly to base peacocks power based on how she defeated Marie. Thats like being impressed that a can-opener is really good at opening cans. She's made to break skullgirls.

on another note, the secret two most power beings in the universe.
hAvNAGP.png

you exist because they allow you to

Reactions: Denizen
Let's just not go changing the template willy-nilly otherwise we're back at square 1!
pyx7yW6.png

Tier 1:Double/Annie/Eliza(maybe)
I do believe Eliza was originally intended to be a boss character so it's fairly possible she's just below A&V.

If we are going by outright threat evaluation like GG?
I admit I was more caught up in the reference than in the sense it might make.
With that in mind, perhaps a "Overall Grade" (or something to that effect) would serve a better purpose. At least I guess it would be easier if we are to eventually fill the list Number 13 started to determine who the As and Bs and whatnot are.

I think Marie would be pretty high up. Mostly because she can hold back the Skullheart's control better than two grown women could.

Valentine, because waifu
Destructive Power: C, while clearly strong for a normal human an well versed in many weapons, Valentine isn't really all that powerful compared to living weapons and parasites.
Range: C, At the very least, Valentine is somewhat skilled with thrown weapons.
Mobility: A, From what I've seen, she is able to move at the same speed as argus agony's laser during savage bypass...I'll just assume that's the speed of light...
Durability: B sure, marie beat her up...but did you see any actual traces of injury? It looked more like she collapsed out of exhaustion than anything else.
Precision: A Is doctor, surgical precision.
Threat Evaluation: E, because that's her bra size.

Reactions: CapnWTF
Hungern is the strongest, that thing'll eat anything.

Ahhh, Who's the Strongest thread, you're the best place to show that Annie's always number 1....