• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Mario Kart 8

No, when you choose the Trispeeder for Baby Peach, it's still green.

That looks pretty green to me. I mean, the distortion can result in it looking kinda blue around the edges, but look at it a little closer. That's still green.

Yeah definitely trispeeder still. Good attempt ata catch though haha.

And I was also curious about the Blue Falcon... Will it require Wheels? Even if it clearly doesn't use them?

Blue_Falcon_(Mario_Kart_Wii).png

I think it'll still have wheels, but just hide them a bit better than in MK Wii. Unless you choose the Monster Wheels.

But that's CLEARLY visible! It lifts the kart a significant amount off of the track! The luigi image shows it inches from the ground.

However, they could just go the route where you pick a tire and only the stats apply to the kart and the image is completely unaltered.

it could just be an aesthetic thing
you pick wheels but they just don't appear and the Blue Falcon doesn't have any

Reactions: Rellek
I also find it weird how Luigi's kart isn't tilting... It's just staying flat on the track like it would in F-Zero. You see Mario doing the same movement, yet he's tilting.

you can get kicked out of the arcade for tilting
most pinball machines have sensors now too

Reactions: TailsWorld1
>tfw I have over 10,000 VR now

I've been stuck at the 6500 mark for a while due to not ever being put into a room with people over 6000 VR.

I've had the exact same problem in my recent matches... Everyone's in the 4-6 thousands so when I get something like 5th I lose a whole 20 points.

All these Blue Falcon images are making me feel the DLC hype.

ByM7U30IAAA8BrI.jpg

From Nintendo of Europe's twitter, the B-Dasher from Mario Kart DS returns! Personally one of my favorite karts, glad it's back.

Now all we need is this and all of my favorites are back
Gold_Mantis_-_Kart_Selection_(Waluigi)_-_Mario_Kart_DS.png

Ah okay
Yeah that's kinda funny
Definitely picking FFXV up for bros now

Oh yeah, random question. Why do you think the DLC is coming out in November as opposed to next month? They opened preorders pretty early for such a huge gap to the release date of the DLC.

Oh yeah, random question. Why do you think the DLC is coming out in November as opposed to next month? They opened preorders pretty early for such a huge gap to the release date of the DLC.

Cause it's 6 months after initial release - and the next DLC is 6 months after that. They want to space it out so the game lasts a year. I haven't unlocked everything in the base game yet, so I think it's nice.

As for preorders, simply so we can use the Yoshi's and Shy Guy's right away. I'm sure they were already in-game cause they're NPCs, so again, something to tide us over along with the Mercedez DLC and 1.02 patch

Ah, that's fair enough. So both DLC packs are coming out at the same time? Also, am I the only one who's kinda disappointed in Tanooki Mario and Cat Suit Peach? They honestly could have put in Ganondorf and Zelda as well since it's a LoZ DLC.

Ah, that's fair enough. So both DLC packs are coming out at the same time? Also, am I the only one who's kinda disappointed in Tanooki Mario and Cat Suit Peach? They honestly could have put in Ganondorf and Zelda as well since it's a LoZ DLC.

No, the first one (4 karts, 3 characters, 8 tracks) are coming out in November, and the next one 6 months after the previous DLC pack.

As for why it's not other characters, I think they just want to slowly start introducing other Nintendo characters into Mario Kart, cause I mean, it's Mario Kart and they're guests. It's not Smash Kart, though I could see that coming later.

tbh i think we might get a secret third pack that has samus/kirby/Capn Falcon or something
or at least Cat Rosalina
or Meowser (who is better than Dry Bowser)

Pink Hoodie Wireframe Dr. Pink Gold Dark Dry Baby Metal Honey Queen In Her Sports Outfit In Her Zero Suit In A Landmaster In Its Sports Outfit

HoneyQueenIHSO.png

Zero Suit Pac Mr. Metal Dr. Toon Ice Game Pink Tanooki Baby Gold Dark Dark Pit Jr. Knuckles & Watch Climber & Knuckles... featurin Dante from the Devil May Cry series!

0rOO4LF.png

It's missing the label. 2/10 would not race again

No, the first one (4 karts, 3 characters, 8 tracks) are coming out in November, and the next one 6 months after the previous DLC pack.

As for why it's not other characters, I think they just want to slowly start introducing other Nintendo characters into Mario Kart, cause I mean, it's Mario Kart and they're guests. It's not Smash Kart, though I could see that coming later.

Well, I know it's not Smash Kart. I was just saying that if you're gonna introduce a DLC pack with Link and LoZ stuff, you might as well have Zelda and Ganondorf.

Well, I know it's not Smash Kart. I was just saying that if you're gonna introduce a DLC pack with Link and LoZ stuff, you might as well have Zelda and Ganondorf.
No, this is definitely a smart move by Nintendo. Adding the main cast of LoZ would be a little bit of a shock. In that case it would be introducing the main characters of a separate series franchise and that just seems like a huge weight to just toss in. Having a 1 or 2 iconic characters from another franchise is like "Oh hey! A cameo! Awesome!" Instead of "holy shit LoZ kart 2much4me""

i still wish we got Meowser instead of Dry Bowser

Dry Bowser isn't even cute at all

But highly requested and we already have a Cat Suit Peach. Dry Bowser is gonna be the only heavyweight online when he exists.

i still wish we got Meowser instead of Dry Bowser

Dry Bowser isn't even cute at all

I found Meowser to be highly disturbing in Super Mario 3D World.

I found Meowser to be highly disturbing in Super Mario 3D World.
Meowser_Cat_Bowser.png

how could anyone resist this cuddly behemoth

Meowser_Cat_Bowser.png

how could anyone resist this cuddly behemoth

I don't even know... It was just kinda weird. I think it was his "Meow!" that kinda disturbed me.

He looks like a Zorua who tried to turn into a plastic cat suit and failed

So out of all of this, one thing I am super excited for is the music for the DLC. Like, Mario Kart 8's soundtrack is godtier already, but add in Big Band (he, hehe) versions of Zelda, Animal Crossing and F-Zero themes? WOW.

Imagine this but FASTER and JAZZIER