• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Mario Kart 8

you know that's actually not a terrible idea for a paper mario partner

The fuck is that shit?

who doesn't love a good romantic swashbuckling tale of adventure on the high seas

Mario OCs kind of fascinate me because you're making a character in a storyless or very loose story centric world.
Like, loose compared to a lot of other things.
Like Zelda OCs that's fine, but here in Mario there's like no logic.
You could make another Koopaling and no one would bat an eyelash.
Which is probably why there's Koopaling OCs

I miss the real Paper Mario games.

I never got to play Thousand Year Door ;_;

What

the

fuck.

This is a crime. A crime I tell you. The world has robbed this person of playing one of the greatest RPGs of all time. Nintendo. GCN games. Wii U eShop. LET'S GO.

I miss the real Paper Mario games.

You should hop to that broski. Though you should know that almost everything in TTYD was conceptually taken from the frist game and mixed up a bit. Minus the Glitz Pit.

and made about twice as tedious :V
(the characters are nice for the most part though)

oe5jzkN.png

(the characters are nice for the most part though)
The removal of the spin dash reeeeeeeeally incubates the tedious feeling. Needing to go places and walk there... NORMALLY.

(I actually realize that jumping backwards yields a faster overall speed. FYI)

Prince Inky Glooper
...is this really that deep though?
You find me coldsteel the plumber and then we'll talk.

Amiibo compatibility webpage leaked early for MK8

Get Mii racing suits
with amiibo!

Dress up your Mii in racing suits based on each amiibo character's look.

In order to use this feature, users will need to download the software update available on 11/13/2014.

amiibo-racing-suits.png

amiibo.png

Mario™
Luigi™
Yoshi™
Peach™
Donkey Kong™
Link™
Kirby™
Captain Falcon
Samus™
Fox McCloud
Figures shown not actual size. Compatibility and functionality of amiibo may vary per game. Visit amiibo.com for specific details on how each amiibo works.

Compatible amiibo
Available Holiday 2014
Learn more

All I want is THIS to be the Captain Falcon one
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Come on Double Dash Rainbow Road for the next DLC pack

so we can do an entire Rainbow Road circuit

Or the DS one that one's cool too but has worse music

The DS one has the loop-de-loop though. Anti-gravity boys.

I'm very sad that they don't have a preview for Ice Ice Outpost. That one looks by far the best out of the non-Mute City tracks. Sad faic.

So guise, what are your thoughts on the figure 8 Animal Crossing course (the first in the game) and 200cc?

I'm personally hyped beyond belief for 200cc. So fuckin hyped...

Really happy for 200cc

The only costume that really caught my eye was Pac-Man's, though.

Is anyone really happy to see the villager in both male and female variants?

I'm pretty happy they included both male and female. Because I always choose the female in AC games. Anyways, I'm gonna guess that Villager and Isabelle will be in the lightweight class (same as Toad, Larry, Shy Guy, Koopa etc) while Dry Bowser is admitted into the Heavy club (Bowser, Morton and Wario)

I expect to see quite a bit of Waifu Isabelles and Dry Bowsers racing around at Mach 2. I think now that 200cc is a thing, lighter characters will have more playability. What do you think?

200cc, get gud or get fucked.

I can't wait for more hilarity that awaits in 200cc. So much speed...
spongebob-patrick-rub-hands-together.gif

200CC is gonna be a fucking disaster
I'm gonna love it
And there will be those few that master it and end up lapping you online.

Mario Kart 8’s next DLC pack.

Baby Park (GameCube)
Ribbon Road (GBA)
Neo Bowser City (3DS)
Cheese Land (GBA)
Nature Road (New)
Big Blue (New)
Lingling Metro (New)
Animal Crossiing (New)

Last edited:
A second F-Zero track was unexpected, makes me wonder why they didn't go for another new series along with Animal Crossing

On the other hand, AYYY NEO BOWSER CITY! DRY BOWSER! Nature Road and Ribbon Road look stunning as well, and the subway looks cool too

Whaaaaat?! I love it! So the rumours about Neo Bowser City and Baby Park were true! Interesting.

Can't say I don't fucking love how every single one of these looks. My favourite though HAS to be Nature Road... That is absolutely stunning. I cannot wait to race on that one. Very close second is the "Ring Ring Metro" located in the Bell cup :P The soundtrack is as stellar as always.

Took you long enough :P I bought the bundle on day 1.

Anyways, the Wild Woods track is looking like it's going to be amoung the easiest courses in the entire game. I'm only slightly disappointed with that because I was hoping for 8 new and challenging tracks when this one comes along and looks EASIER than 90% of the tracks in the game already. Much unfortunate, but it's still the best track in every other respect.

Just as I suspected... 200cc is way to fast and I love it! Fav DLC track so far is the Animal Crossing one. All the seasons are very cute.

200CC is rediculus, and harder to drive than I imagined.

Some tracks are easy like the SNES rainbow stage, I acctually like it more on 200CC, I even lapped one driver near the finish line. But some other stages it's really hard what you should do at the curves. Like, can I drift here or must I acctually break here? But oh well, the more I play the better I get.

And as always, like the new Tracks, Vehicles and I will most likely use Isabelle.

200CC is rediculus, and harder to drive than I imagined.

Some tracks are easy like the SNES rainbow stage, I acctually like it more on 200CC, I even lapped one driver near the finish line. But some other stages it's really hard what you should do at the curves. Like, can I drift here or must I acctually break here? But oh well, the more I play the better I get.

And as always, like the new Tracks, Vehicles and I will most likely use Isabelle.
You know you can brake AND drift at the same time right?

The track I find ludicrous with 200cc on is Neo Bowser City... Holy hell that's just unfair towards the end lol.

did they ever bring back the clock tower track?
because that track was my JAM back on Mario Kart DS.

The one where you're driving in the clock from Super Mario 64? Yeah, it's here. And arguably better (track layout wise)