• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Mario Kart 8

In case you haven't preordered the DLC yet - let this convince you
Why'd I watch the whole thing?

It was so catchy and it syncs the two songs quite well.

Bz__KqgIIAIPh8-.png:large

New vehicle in the first DLC pack - the Master Cycle.

We Epona Cycle now.

edit: also official artwork for Isabelle and Villager
Bz__zSkIMAA3T0O.png

Reactions: TailsWorld1
I like that they did the new bike's art in Skyward Sword's style, but I would rather just see it in-game.

Can we talk about what this means though?

Okay, so this means Zelda, FZero and Animal Crossing are all canon to Mario, DK and Yoshi's universes.

Pokemon is a game in Animal Crossing, and Fire Emblem is a game in Mario, meaning that they exist as games in that world.

Kid Icarus Uprising proves that all those are games in his world and that it's connected to Metroid (Komaytos), which is connected to Kirby (Dreamland 3's Samus cameo).

So the universe hierarchy for Nintendo is:
KI/Kirby/Metroid/ROB are the highest Nintendo Universe.
Mario/AC/Zelda/F-Zero are games for them.
Pokemon/FE is a game for THEM.

JESUS

Reactions: TailsWorld1
When was fire emblem a game in Mario?

so fire emblem is a game in the paper mario universe
which isn't canon to the normal mario universe

get your shit together tanner

Not to mention the fact that he's trying to bring "canon" into Mario games

Ruin, get his shit together

Not to mention the fact that he's trying to bring "canon" into Mario games

Ruin, get his shit together

There is a canon to Mario though

It just gets weird with the "Where Mario dies" timeline that starts the Paper Mario Series

Just wait till I bring out the Koopa family tree!

hey i disowned him
BeatNinja (aka Better Tanner) is my son now

Linking Fire Emblem 7 with the Mario Kart Double Dash bonus disc allowed you to get some special items in the former

so there's something there???????? I dunno. All I know is that's the only way you get to see Saint Elimine's beautiful face.

I like how Link is using the treasured Hylian shield as a bike stand.

Also didn't Link and Samus make a cameo in Super Mario RPG?

Also didn't Link and Samus make a cameo in Super Mario RPG?

And they were very tired when you found them.

i'm tired of people trying to rationalize the mario universe

Can we talk about what this means though?

Okay, so this means Zelda, FZero and Animal Crossing are all canon to Mario, DK and Yoshi's universes.

Pokemon is a game in Animal Crossing, and Fire Emblem is a game in Mario, meaning that they exist as games in that world.

Kid Icarus Uprising proves that all those are games in his world and that it's connected to Metroid (Komaytos), which is connected to Kirby (Dreamland 3's Samus cameo).

So the universe hierarchy for Nintendo is:
KI/Kirby/Metroid/ROB are the highest Nintendo Universe.
Mario/AC/Zelda/F-Zero are games for them.
Pokemon/FE is a game for THEM.

JESUS
Sorry to burst your conspiracy bubble, but Mario Kart, since the beginning has been a spin-off of Mario. Much like Mario Golf :/

Sorry to burst your conspiracy bubble, but Mario Kart, since the beginning has been a spin-off of Mario. Much like Mario Golf :/

Naw it's canon, it fits into the "Mario dies in Super Mario Sunshine and is reincarnated into a kart driving champion in the next world" timeline.

That looks sick! Totally gonna love that one.

Mobius strip Baby Park dreams crushed.

Still looks great, looks like you can get some sick air time.

This Excitebike track makes me think about the times my brother and I play the original game. The track and the music are awesome.

I wonder what the times trials records for that are gonna be...

I wonder what the times trials records for that are gonna be...

They confirmed that it's not randomized for Time Trials, just like how Toad's Turnpike uses the "basic" car set instead of one of the random ones.

Gotcha. I had a feeling it was going to be like that.

I was googling stuff about Dry Bowser cause DLC and

In Mario Party: Island Tour, in Bowser's Tower, Bowser says that Dry Bowser is his relative.

So when Bowser falls in the lava in NSMB, the reason you fight Dry Bowser after is cause his cousin just takes over? PORQUE?

Maybe Dry Bowser is like Sekhmet. He and Bowser can act as separate entities, but they've been together so long that their personalities became one.

turn the friends into food