• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Eliza A Song of Blood and Beauty - Eliza Lore & Speculation

Gehenna could relate to a whole bunch of things. That name has been used to describe a biblical location of human sacrifice, several different concepts of purgatory or hell, the apocalypse described in the Vampire: The Masquerade table top game, and more than a few other things.

It could be a inside joke or reference to something remaining in an unfinished state or being otherwise unusable.

...It could also mean that Sekhmet is a true daughter of Cain preparing to take revenge on her treacherous and unworthy descendants as she tears the world asunder. No it probably couldn't, but I can dream, Right?

Last edited:
I don't really understand how the other stage appeared when it commented out though :/
Thinking about it, maybe that screen shown is just the stages that are selected when the game opens for the first time and there's a different list with different comments later on in the file. I dunno. Whatever sure.
I wonder why there are 2 "Cathedrals" and 2 "Empty Cathedrals" in the list.
I would think that's just a mistake. Identical names like that wouldn't really do anything as far as I could guess in this part of the file.
That thought occurred to me too but why call it Gehenna and not something more... straightforward? Like "debug"? Since it seems to be a mythology/religious reference it makes me think it's more likely to be related to the story/lore aspect of Skullgirls.
Peter mentioned a while back that she'd have another stage and it would be significantly different from the Bathhouse, sooooo...
There used to be an old stage concept called "Golgotha" that was pretty big in story terms (Golgotha being the place Jesus was crucified), and both it and Gehenna are locations just outside Jerusalem.

Double post, but this is a pretty major update so I don't want to just edit it into my previous post.

Potential spoilers for Eliza's story based on historical/mythological information:
On further reading, Dumah is apparently of Egyptian origin, a powerful angelic ruler that was struck down by God and Moses and sentenced to rule over Gehenna, a flaming prison where all sinners are sent for punishment.

I guess Eliza is on a mission to Gehenna for some reason, and there seems to be a central Egyptian ruler figure that lives there. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

A ruler that has 3 angels at his command. A ruler that punishes people every day, but releases them on the 7th before pulling them back and punishing them again.

3 powerful angel figures.. a cycle of 7... now where have I seen those numbers before? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Source: http://books.google.co.jp/books?id=60iVk1p8Y9IC&pg=PA214&lpg=PA214&dq=dumah prince of gehenna&source=bl&ots=WZzSWxqAWe&sig=33mZcjEn1bTo0jX04IGEN9y0Gbo&hl=en&sa=X&ei=cIS8U6WdH8flkAXi0oHgBQ&ved=0CDMQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=dumah prince of gehenna&f=false

EDIT: Added more potentially spoiler hypothisizing above.

Last edited:
if it is a temply stage I hope it is a redone version of the "water temple-esque" stage from the alpha

There used to be an old stage concept called "Golgotha" that was pretty big in story terms (Golgotha being the place Jesus was crucified), and both it and Gehenna are locations just outside Jerusalem.

Both also have potentially strong ties to blood, sacrifice, and godhood.

I think some of this has been mentioned before, but what if Eliza/Sekhmet are involved with the abductions in Little Innsmouth? What are the chances that they intend to either manipulate the Medici in to doing most of the grunt work needed for some special ritualistic sacrifice or take advantage of the fact that the mafia has kidnapped a special group of people and gathered them all in one place?

I’ve seen it said that Eliza was initially planned to be the antagonist of Skullgirls 2 or at least the next plot arc. Given how many character’s stories end with the kidnapping or at least reference it, it seems like that was intended to hook in to the next arc and the victims all seemed to have something in common.

Whoa, interesting investigaitve points Cellsai! This is pretty exciting speculation, makes me even more happy that I voted her in now!

Aaah, it's stuff like this that makes me want to get rich, send off a bunch of cash to L0 to help with the current standing issues, and fasttrack sequel development. *sigh* I want to see where and how these plot points will evolve.

Why is "Bathhouse" the only one without a #?
It might not be important, I'm just curious.

Cellsai you have eagle eyes, that's amazing. I actually never took a good look at the background of that stage until now and I see that there are a lot of little secrets in there.
I'm sorry but I honestly cannot believe any of that until I get proof. The idea that a shameless circus performer/mafia thug could have a better heart than a sweet young opera singer who died before her time is hard to believe. Either you're mistaken or Alex Ahad has terrible judgement.
I'm assuming the former.
But the thing is, the pure thing about Cerebella is she didn't even consider making a wish on the Skullheart.
That's the little bastard's definition of pure of heart.

Reactions: chickenwithtie
This is very marginally related to Eliza but Ahad's new shirt design is really great. And since it's a ribcage design in a t-shirt, the cleverness is pulling double duty here.
It also looks like there's some sort of order to the characters' placement, like rivals or story partners lined up. Couldn't help but noticed Eliza is lined up with Double. Maybe it's just because they're in similar "power tiers" or simply because they didn't have anyone else to be matched up with but it's certainly food for speculation.

tumblr_n8f6bhgVjO1sq2zndo2_1280.jpg

http://eightysixedclothing.tumblr.com/post/91202197239/extra-special-designs-this-week-its-big

The shirt looks great
Definitely snagging one of those this weekend

This is very marginally related to Eliza but Ahad's new shirt design is really great. And since it's a ribcage design in a t-shirt, the cleverness is pulling double duty here.
It also looks like there's some sort of order to the characters' placement, like rivals or story partners lined up. Couldn't help but noticed Eliza is lined up with Double. Maybe it's just because they're in similar "power tiers" or simply because they didn't have anyone else to be matched up with but it's certainly food for speculation.

http://eightysixedclothing.tumblr.com/post/91202197239/extra-special-designs-this-week-its-big
I think it might have some hint of lore into it.
Considering how clever Alex's last design was.

I wonder about Parasoul and Squigly though...

Plus they both belong to esteemed families
Past this, sometimes when Squigly is defeated by Soul, Levi will yell "Usurpers...!"

Maybe the Reniors and the Contiellos were rivals in the past of sorts and the Reniors took over something that the Contiellos had first

I would have seen squigly more with Double, but really we're just overanalyzing it. It's just a t-shirt.
A t-shirt I won't be able to get 'cause Eighty doesn't ship to Europe.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS OVERANALYZING

I bet this is a hint toward there being 2 skullheart objects, the skullheart itself and a skullribcage for men

The only thing I know is that they fought in the first battle.

Squigly and Parasoul both have a family that have been screwed over by the Skull Heart.

I guess since Eliza and Double are straight up pure evil villains they are in the same spot. Notice how they aren't facing each other like rivals like the other characters are?
AW SHIT YOU'RE RIGHT.
(Also yeah, where the fuck did that usurper line come from?)

Leviathan is always talking about how messed up the Reinors are.

Like that "She's not her father" line.

Isn't it said that the Reinors are the rulers of a land that the Medicis used to rightfully own?

Seems like the Reinors came in, claiming justice and taking lands from under rightful families, and Parasoul's here to kind of sort of mediate the situation.

I'm glad Cerebella is finally playing a role in somebody else's story mode, because so far she's only been featured in her own story (she'll probably at least have a small role in Beowulf's story). That being said I hope we get to see some Lorenzo in Eliza's story.

Leviathan is always talking about how messed up the Reinors are.

Like that "She's not her father" line.

Isn't it said that the Reinors are the rulers of a land that the Medicis used to rightfully own?

Seems like the Reinors came in, claiming justice and taking lands from under rightful families, and Parasoul's here to kind of sort of mediate the situation.
Would she know about that? I hope tho that Lab 0 gets a little more money for some more VA work.
I REALLY WANT SAMSON SMACK TALKING ELIZA AND LEVIATHAN.

Would she know about that? I hope tho that Lab 0 gets a little more money for some more VA work.
I thought they were already calling in the entire existing cast for assist lines for the new characters, so I assume there will be new general dialogue recorded for everyone in the future.

Holy balls, is that Delilah at the top?

Reactions: No longer exist
That's probably Fukua and thus another reason that the shirt may not be worth taking seriously.

That's probably Fukua and thus another reason that the shirt may not be worth taking seriously.
Theyr'e jsut including all of the cast, joke characters included.

Don't Samson and Leviathan already have some trash talk lines?

Just towards Samson, he doesn't respond.

"Yo worm!"

"Don't expect much from a corpse!"

Though these lines were probably already there because Squigly was going to be in the initial batch.

there was also a screenshot of eliza looking into the sun in the video i think, someone care to post?

in order to establish that she's an opera singer.
She's not an opera singer, she's a lounge singer. I can't tell what she's looking at though, at first I thought it was the sun because of all the light, but now I'm not so sure.

Reactions: yellowflash26
i always imagined eliza singing like Julie London or Jessica Rabbit, here:

I did imagine her voice being mature/sultry/deeper but Ruff gave her more of a lighter, sexy and sadistic villainous sound. Quite the opposite but it is still fitting. Can't wait to her the singing parts in her gameplay.