• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Cerebella Resets Thread

I'm not sure if this fits in combos or resets, so I figured resets was more appropriate because maybe somebody can use the stupidity of some of this to CREATE a decent reset. I'm certainly not starting a thread for it. Swag points if you pull off the jLPmash loop-around Filia in a real battle. Double swag if you runstop reset at the end and do it again.

Reactions: dragonos451
I'm not sure if this fits in combos or resets, so I figured resets was more appropriate because maybe somebody can use the stupidity of some of this to CREATE a decent reset. I'm certainly not starting a thread for it. Swag points if you pull off the jLPmash loop-around Filia in a real battle. Double swag if you runstop reset at the end and do it again.
well, that's...weird stuff (-_Ô)
and I like that!
I gotta see if the j.lp mash cross up can be done reliably, cuz it looks awesome! ♪

What exactly does the flying jenny assist add to this reset?
Is it really needed for this to work?

I'd assume it keeps you safe if they mashed something. Though if they block it, they may be able to Pushblock and hit you on the way down, but I have no idea without testing atm.
Can you convert from that?
Should be able to.

It's to encourage them to try to block. I think it should also let you combo from elbow meterlessly, but I'm not sure.

There's other variations but it's all pretty gimmicky on anyone who has air movement. Just wanted to post it since it looked cool.

Post 1:
It's to encourage them to try to block. I think it should also let you combo from elbow meterlessly, but I'm not sure.

There's other variations but it's all pretty gimmicky on anyone who has air movement. Just wanted to post it since it looked cool.
Well, that's still a set up that could allow a garanteed combo possibility after an elbow drop, which is something i didn't consider possible (shame on me for jumping to conclusions so easily)
And gimmicky doesn't mean useless : it looks like it could be excellent against air super mashing, with the side switching and stuff
Gonna test that tomorrow

Post 2:
well, well, some good news :
that c.mk c.hp elbow reset from age is safe against filia's, valentine's and even ms fortune's air super, all being punishable, and no tricky timing involved.
ms fortune will always hit you, but always cross up, so the end misses and that's free punish for you.
PW and BB air supers, obviously, are still invulnerable to shiny new gimmicky resets, though.

against jumping normal mashers, that's really random.
i tested against peacock's j.lk, and either it goes the wrong way and elbow hits, either you get hit, either trade...

looks like this reset is really best used with the assist, but solobellas can still use it against those pesky filias and MF who thinks air super is OP.

of course, just double jumping avoid the whole thing, but they're not that smart, right?

also, looks like it's hard to pull off correctly against cerebella, double and peacock (will most likely hit mid air, thus not allowing any other combo that dynamo)

Post 3:
well, here is an easy setup for the loop-around j.lp reset (around 0:24) :

bnb j.mp j.hk
s.hp pummel horse
dash c.lp c.mk (don't go for s.lpx2, that would push too far away for the loop-around to work)
j.lp loop-around
reset c.lk

also works for age's elbow reset
Edit: for elbow reset, run stop combos won't make it work, as it doesn't put you at point blank range.

BTW, this loop-around works against small characters (filia, PW, peacock, cerebella), but not on taller ones : squigly, parasoul, double, MF and val.
still technically works on double, MF and val, it will cross up if you delay just a tiny bit the j.lp, but only 1 or 2 hits will connect, making you more likely to get countered by j.normal mashing (also the cross up looks more obvious)

Post 4:
about my batch of c.mk run stop corner resets i posted a few days ago :
-the back dash version can be air super safe, but timing is strict. you have to actually delay a bit the backdash to make the super go the wrong direction.
not really reliable.

-c.mk cerecopter will get hit by gregor, but only the first hit --> the rest misses, you won't fly away, and will have the opportunity to punish.
MF air super will break it.
-c.mk s.hk cerecopter does the same thing against gregor, AND gets hit cross up by MF air super, allowing you to punish it too.
-c.mk cerecopter midstage will avoid MF super the same way, but gregor will connect normally and counter you this time.

PW, val and BB air supers will always counter you.

filia and MF air supers are no longer godlike :)

Last edited:
Reactions: gllt
hey, i just found out that putting out the j.lp loop around can be done in an even easier way :
c.hp j.mk j.hk DASH c.lk c.mk j.lp and it will cross up too...if it wants to
(not that reliable)

Last edited:
The space between the 2 hits of Cerebella's s.HK can be cancelled with command throws. Merry Go-Rilla has to be done somewhere in the middle and Diamond Drop is right before the second hit.

I also enjoy doing s.HK (1 hit), Run Stop, Ultimate Showstopper. It's so simple and obvious I laugh whenever it works.

Last edited:
Additionally (not a reset) you could cancel sHK early enough into Excellabella

A reset that works way better in practice than on paper :
S.hk (2hits) run stop c.lk
As everyone who played enough against cerebella just expect a command grab reset after s.hk, it is guaranteed to work the first time against an average player...and the three next times if you play solobella, cause why the hell would you not grab as solobella? ;)

(Thank you Mr Peck for destroying me with solobella, i learned a lot)

The space between the 2 hits of Cerebella's s.HK can be cancelled with command throws and if you time it right, you can catch them in their pre-jump frames (I think?). Merry Go-Rilla has to be done somewhere in the middle and Diamond Drop is right before the second hit.
Uh, pre-jump frames are not throw-able, if they were holding up, they will avoid the grab anyway, whatever the timing of the grab

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Additionally (not a reset) you could cancel sHK early enough into Excellabella
I totally forgot about that.
Uh, pre-jump frames are not throw-able, if they were holding up, they will avoid the grab anyway, whatever the timing of the grab
Maybe I'm understanding wrong then. I set the dummy to jump back on reversal and some timings could get them.

Maybe I'm understanding wrong then. I set the dummy to jump back on reversal and some timings could get them.
I'm almost positive that you cannot set the dummy to jump on reaction (just like you can't really set them to do a jump attack or an assist call). Try instead hitting them with a combo, pausing, setting them to jump in the "dummy action" or whatever section, then go for your reset. They'll jump as soon as possible.

Reactions: dragonos451
found a new burst bait :
starting with bnb c.lk c.mk c.hp j.mk j.hk
c.lk c.mk run stop s.lk (combo, check the combo thread if you don't believe it), triggers the IPS
to avoid the burst, a few solutions :
-s.lk c.hk (on everyone except for double and big band)
-s.lk lnl (on everyone, obviously, but unfortunately, they can guard if they hit armor, so you just get a 50/50)
-on filia at least, probably on most lights : if your opponent is not a big masher, go for s.lk s.mp, if he burst after s.mp, burst will whiff (not if he bursts immediately on s.lk)
devil horns doesn't work very well.

you can confirm then with j.lp mash, or j.hk, but if the opponent is a light, he will be too high for the usual c.hp j.mk j.hk to connect reliably.

Edit: well, i'm dumb, you can perfectly go for c.hp then bnb by waiting for the opponent to fall down a bit, as he will still not be able to guard.

Last edited:
Welp, I better post before @dragonos451 finds all of mine. One I know works but seems to be a bitch to pull off involves the c.LK, cMK, runstop, s.LK burst bait. For some characters, c.MP will let you avoid the burst. It's not as consistent since the height at which they bursts determines whether it's safe or not. However, if you follow up the c.MP with Devil Horns, it opens up some stuff.
If they burst the c.LK, the invincibility will carry through the burst and hit.
If they don't burst, the Devil Horns will cross up and keep them moving in the same direction.
It seems simple on paper, but I've been having trouble actually nailing it.

yeah i found that one with c.mp too, but lights are the only possible targets.
if you do the c.lk c.mk just as soon as you land, it should be enough to launch them high at max height, assuring the burst whiff.
actually, on medium weights, if you do the c.lk c.mk a bit too late, even the c.hk after s.lk won't avoid the burst.

a cool thing would be to find the optimal combo to follow the burst bait, with HCH, as just s.hp kanchou isn't an option, the opponent being airborne.

I didn't think about using cHK for avoiding burst. Will definitely try that out, thanks.
Also, for continuing the combo, shouldn't sMP, cHP do the job? Just need make sure to to jLK, jHK to bring them back down (instead of jMK, jHK)?

well, going for c.hp directly gives you HCH (heavy counter hit), that's a pretty good reason to start with either this or s.hk...

Last edited:
What's HCH? Is it Heavy Count Hit?

about the j.hp reset, i found a reliable way to make it always connect, even on crouching characters.
after j.hk restand, (just an example), go for jump BACK instant j.hp, hold briefly on the hp button, and then release.
puts you at perfect range for j.hp to connect.
makes it a bit easier to block, but at least it doesn't whiff stupidly.

training mode afternoon results :
1) Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...
the c.mk run stop s.lk c.hk burst bait don't work after a run stop combo, works only when you use otg (as it throws the opponent higher in the air), even for lights!

2) YEEEEEEEEEEAH, found a midscreen burst bait that works on everyone, everywhere, with max combo, and 50/50 air grab to mix with it!
i checked quickly, didn't find it in the thread, can't believe it's not :
BnB, j.mp j.hk restand
c.mp s.hp run stop c.lp c.mk
jump back j.mp
connects really easily, corner works too, avoid every burst, you can mix up with air grab instead.

possible to do after an otg, but is not as reliable, the j.mp may whiff.

did seriously nobody find it out before? the corner version was found out a long time ago, but midscreen didn't see anyone post that.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
BnB, j.mp j.hk restand
c.mp s.hp run stop c.lp c.mk
jump back j.mp
connects really easily, corner works too, avoid every burst, you can mix up with air grab instead.

possible to do after an otg, but is not as reliable, the j.mp may whiff.

did seriously nobody find it out before? the corner version was found out a long time ago, but midscreen didn't see anyone post that.
Does it have to be cLP? As for midscreen jMP bursts, I feel like no one has stated it, but people semi knew it.
Another one is flowchart bnb up to the second cHP and either neutral jump to late (still combos) jMP for midscreen or jump away jMP for corner. Also, in the corner I like to do the burst and then follow with fly and clap to keep applying pressure.

One I haven't used too often because it seems apparent is when undizzy is full and you've successfully kanchou'd, jMK will activate burst and hit them up enough to be safe from the burst.

Does it have to be cLP?
yup, cause c.lk is already used when you otg during the bnb.
One I haven't used too often because it seems apparent is when undizzy is full and you've successfully kanchou'd, jMK will activate burst and hit them up enough to be safe from the burst.
interseting one, but it work only on lights, right?

interseting one, but it work only on lights, right?
Unsure. Currently at work, so I delegate the task to you. GO DRAGONOS AND REALIZE YOUR ADDICTION!

It's in my guide, that one. It's not the best burst bait, cause if they don't burst it's reset to neutral and you've created distance between you and them.

then what i would really like to find is a good burst bait on double, then. one that allow full combo meter less (the only one i found in this thread was using lock n load, so you have to use dynamo and be in the corner)
anyone got any?

then what i would really like to find is a good burst bait on double, then. one that allow full combo meter less (the only one i found in this thread was using lock n load, so you have to use dynamo and be in the corner)
anyone got any?
combo > s.lp, s.lp, c.mp, s.hp, runstop, jump back, j.lk

I was playing around with LnL kara into Show stopper, and I ended up doing stuff with cr.MK > LnL by the end of the lab session.

I was doing c.LK > cr.MK > LnL(light) > MGR, but I was only trying it against Cerebella. Would this work against lighter characters, or would LnL hit them too far away?

i'd say even if it doesn't throw them too far, they will still be too far for a c.lk, so they will just jump (with excellebella probably too far away to hit too)
it gives them way enough time to figure out what is happening in my opinion

...what am i saying, i'm the f*cking train mode addict! i'll be checking that right now!

EDIT: now the results :
on otg c.lk c.mk, lnl lp whiffs on every light, and even on double sometimes
on ground, whiffs on lights if you are too close;
in every case, throw too far away for c.lk, so no mix up here, excellebella doesn't hit either if they jump.

so...well nope :^|

Last edited:
Reactions: Kai
i'd say even if it doesn't throw them too far, they will still be too far for a c.lk, so they will just jump (with excellebella probably too far away to hit too)
it gives them way enough time to figure out what is happening in my opinion

...what am i saying, i'm the f*cking train mode addict! i'll be checking that right now!

EDIT: now the results :
on otg c.lk c.mk, lnl lp whiffs on every light, and even on double sometimes
on ground, whiffs on lights if you are too close;
in every case, throw too far away for c.lk, so no mix up here, excellebella doesn't hit either if they jump.

so...well nope :^|
Thanks; only heavies, then. It's obviously too far away for a hit followup, but most people won't expect a throw after being hit midair by LnL. It'll go in my, "use only on big band," folder (he can't lvl1 out of it).

It never hurts to have another gimmick!

but most people won't expect a throw after being hit midair by LnL.
Er...those who don't expect MGR after ANYTHING that put them away from Bella clearly didn't play enough against a good one...or didn't play enough against me (lnl mgr or lnl diamond drop is my fetish).

It can still be a mix up...a weird one, but valid: do either mgr, or lvl 3.
The preblock on lvl 3 will prevent them from jumping back and will hit them low...that mix up will end up in my top 3 of the most gimmicky/yolo resets i've ever heard about, right next to cerecopter lvl 3 and c.mk lnl lp cross down dynamo

Last edited:
New burst baits! shiny! woohooo!
the second one is kinda hard to perform on both mediums (making second j.lp connect) and heavies (j.lp done soon enough so you don't get hit by the burst), but puts you in a good position to keep pressure if no burst occures.
on double, you can j.lp after j.hp with no problem after most air chains, allowing you to set up resets, if you don't go for the first j.lp

A really easy corner burst bait I found. Cool thing is it's universal.
Just make sure to walk a tiny bit forward after c.mk to make sure the c.hp will connect with valentine, bella and ms fortune.

Something that should be already known:
Against BB you can do instant j.LK,j.HK, combo.
Makes for nasty High/Low Mixup people aren't expecting against Bella (And if they jump this time you keep some sort of pressing/mixup ueueueue).

about BB, I found out you could hit him cross up with j.hp
If you jump and go for j.hp at a precise height, holding it a bit, it will work

Is it Filia specific?

Another backwards hitting move I've found (only with peacock) is if you do cLK, cMK, sHK in the corner. Second hit hits Peacock.