• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Dec 11, 2015] NEC 16 - Main Game & $1,000 Pot Bonus (King of Prussia, PA)

Is anything happening thursday night? Someone hosting a casual room or something :p

I'll be sleeping at home for the drive up :V
But I'm pretty sure you can find something to do on Thursday

(@fenster if you / drewski / buds are available for a later night food run text me)

Not only for you guys but also for people arriving on thursday, I was talking to @drewski about food plans on that day (thinking 2 runs: evening run for whoever is around ~7 or so, and a late night run for dolfy crew), and the only thing in the area that drewski was seeing was the mall area in terms of going out. While that's okay for earlier in the evening, the mall would be close to closed we think if you landed right at 9. Basically, we don't even know WHAT food options we'll still have if let's say you guys are out of the airport at 9:30.

We'd be down for some late food for you guys, we just don't know what's around at that time. If you did need food (besides any potential Airport food), we could also pick up food for you guys to arrive to that I'd just pay for if you really wanted.

So on the eve of NEC, there is one thing I would like to say. *cue in inspirational speech music here*

I been seeing alot of people who are excited for NEC, and at the same time questioning their own skill level to compete in the tournament. I have seen alot of people that are going to NEC (including me, which is a shocker) and has grown the numbers for the SG entries to show Big E that SG is real, and should be respected as much as the other games being shown at tournament.s This past year, we have strived, and showed to the FGC that SG has been gaining entry numbers in the big tournaments, and continue to show the hype this game brings us. I have to say, we have outdone ourselves this year. We are thankful that @Mike_Z and Lab Zero for creating Skullgirls, and continues to support this game, and supporting the SGC.

To those who are attending and question their skill level, I say to them:, "Learn". Take the time at the tournament to ask questions, and learn from the top tier players to better yourselves. Its a marathon, not a sprint to get better.

To those who are not attending, but are planning to watch it on stream, I say to them:. "Watch". Just as important as attendee numbers, viewership numbers are also very important to show interest in the game.

To those who help, and create content for the scene, this includes T.O.'s, I say to them:, "Thank you". What I love about the SGC is very talented in many ways, and creating as well as helping T.Oing tournaments goes unappreciated.

Overall, I am really happy with SG this year. I am really happy to go to NEC for the first time, and play SG with people that I only met in Quick Match, and online play. Lets end this year by showing NEC, and to everyone that our game can be hype, that our game is great, THAT OUR GAME IS WHAT BROUGHT US TOGETHER TO DO ONE THING!.....to kick someone's ass! Can't wait to see you guys, love you all.

-Clawmaster

Out of your mind if you think I'm reading a single word of that

@keninblack @dekillsage btw guys don't forget to bring your CEOtaku medals so we can exchange them. Although I'll miss having the 2nd place medal

Already have it packed its been bugging me for a minute haha i'm no champion ;_;

Can't wait for this weekend. I feel bad for the people we'll have to share the ballroom with during the tournament because the SG Hype is going to be loud enough to bring down the house!

Overall, I am really happy with SG this year. I am really happy to go to NEC for the first time, and play SG with people that I only met in Quick Match, and online play. Lets end this year by showing NEC, and to everyone that our game can be hype, that our game is great, THAT OUR GAME IS WHAT BROUGHT US TOGETHER TO DO ONE THING!.....to kick someone's ass! Can't wait to see you guys, love you all.

-Clawmaster

Awww, we love you too. Group hug at NEC, guys? Seriously though, great post. I'm pretty happy SG's 2015 and am looking forward to 2016 already ^,^

Already have it packed its been bugging me for a minute haha i'm no champion ;_;

You'll always be a champion in our hearts, Kenin!

Quick heads up guys: The hotel shuttle to/from the airport is NOT free (despite it saying it's "complimentary"). I just tried to call and make a reservation and they said it's like $35 per person. So factor that into your travel plans.

Quick heads up guys: The hotel shuttle to/from the airport is NOT free (despite it saying it's "complimentary"). I just tried to call and make a reservation and they said it's like $35 per person. So factor that into your travel plans.

35 per person????? what the living fuck???

Uber estimates the trip around $30-40 so youre probably better off just getting on that, even with just one other person, than calling for the stupid shuttle.

Uber estimates the trip around $30-40 so youre probably better off just getting on that, even with just one other person, than calling for the stupid shuttle.

are you sure you have the right hotel because it's 30 miles away from the airport and the uber estimate I got was $120

Well this sucks, sounds like I'm gonna have to pay out the ass to go pick up SIG from the airport unless someone with a car wants to help me out :C??

are you sure you have the right hotel because it's 30 miles away from the airport and the uber estimate I got was $120

Oh shit you know what it is? Standard Uber doesn't come to the airport, only the special group pick up ones that cost a fortune. So I guess if you walk away from the airport onto the street and call one you can save like $80.

(goddammit Big E why is this event so hard to get to)

I'm getting in around 8/9pm Friday with @joshb911 so we'll miss the beginning of teams. ;_;
Bringing a laptop setup for the hotel.

I thought "free shuttle" was too good to be true.

Can UBER pick up AND drop people off at the airport in Pennsylvania? It varies state to state. Sometimes they can drop you off but aren't allowed to pick you up, and vice versa.

KC gets there early* Friday afternoon. Should be there around 1 PM or so. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Early meaning I have to wake up at like 4:30 AM to go to the airport, I'm so freaking happy pools are Saturday night

I believe they are able to drop you off fine, but picking you up costs extra for obvious reasons.

Looking at the maps though, if you're trying to save money (like me), there's a train right at the airport that you can essentially ride to the end of the line, and there's a bus right there that goes straight to the hotel, so it's like a $5 total trip if you don't mind it taking an hour to get there. (double check the maps do not specifically go off me saying "end of the line" and then yell at me when you get lost)

the valley forge is also not the only place the shuttle stops so it might take longer than an hour for the shuttle anyways

I believe they are able to drop you off fine, but picking you up costs extra for obvious reasons.

Looking at the maps though, if you're trying to save money (like me), there's a train right at the airport that you can essentially ride to the end of the line, and there's a bus right there that goes straight to the hotel, so it's like a $5 total trip if you don't mind it taking an hour to get there. (double check the maps do not specifically go off me saying "end of the line" and then yell at me when you get lost)

This is really useful information, thank you for looking out!

So on the eve of NEC, there is one thing I would like to say. *cue in inspirational speech music here*

I been seeing alot of people who are excited for NEC, and at the same time questioning their own skill level to compete in the tournament. I have seen alot of people that are going to NEC (including me, which is a shocker) and has grown the numbers for the SG entries to show Big E that SG is real, and should be respected as much as the other games being shown at tournament.s This past year, we have strived, and showed to the FGC that SG has been gaining entry numbers in the big tournaments, and continue to show the hype this game brings us. I have to say, we have outdone ourselves this year. We are thankful that @Mike_Z and Lab Zero for creating Skullgirls, and continues to support this game, and supporting the SGC.

*sniff* That was beautiful, @clawmaster

Having the chance to meet, chill with so many of you and watch you guys in action has been the shining highlight of my 2015. I plan on doing what I can (from my end) to make NEC a great event for the SGNation!

See (however many of) you on Friday...

:PUJNA:

Who bringing the #bajablast hookup though?

If people are going to be scattered betwixt finding taxis and taking busses, it probably wouldn't hurt to figure out who's arriving around the same time you are so you can travel together safely :>

(My flight lands at 10:05AM Friday)

also i guess this officially kicks this thread off to "meetup and room casuals arrangement argument spectacular" for the next 20 pages until it's shoutouts time

Reactions: clawmaster
ill be there at like 1pm tomorrow because im getting on a flight in like 5 hours cause im a dummy

If people are going to be scattered betwixt finding taxis and taking busses, it probably wouldn't hurt to figure out who's arriving around the same time you are so you can travel together safely :>

(My flight lands at 10:05AM Friday)

also i guess this officially kicks this thread off to "meetup and room casuals arrangement argument spectacular" for the next 20 pages until it's shoutouts time

Good idea. I will be landing at the airport in phily by midnight thursday.

Reactions: No longer exist
My flight arrives at 6:30PM on Friday.
Yes, Friday. I guess I'm paying the ridiculous money to get to the venue or something.

Ideally some of us with cars should be down there by that point, so I'm sure someone can help grab people as need be. Hell, if I'm taking my car down Friday I'll grab you.

Ideally some of us with cars should be down there by that point, so I'm sure someone can help grab people as need be. Hell, if I'm taking my car down Friday I'll grab you.
I would love the heck out of that and buy you food!

Reactions: DaydreamingSorc
Can someone shoot this man please? Otherwise, I will be unable to control myself and might just bring some extra cardboard to hit him with. DON'T TEMPT ME

If you're feeling really stressed / nervous about your pools, don't be. If you feel like you need some extra support, encouragement, and a little bit of coaching during your pool, hit me up and i'll see what I can do for you (though I'm not always right about everything!)
If I fucks with you i'll guide you to wins.

Ask anyone who has let me coach/encourage them I'm actually out of control.

I would appreciate this guys ;-;

I'm gonna be driving down early Friday morning and hopefully get there around 1pm. I have a feeling ppl are gonna need rides from the airport so if you need one you can always hit me up. Already driving to downtown philly at the bus depot picking up folks after I drive to the venue first. I drive all the time so I'm used to it.

My flight arrives on Friday, 3:27pm.

Between, this, Indivisible and the Christmas shopping that I still have to do, I'd rather take less expensive alternatives to reach the venue if possible.